Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaia74

And the heaven?

Recommended Posts

I worked in my Hectic x, my first good mod, but now in the new version you can get help from angels , the heaven help you

 

and that's why ask me, What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

 

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

 

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Well, who do you think supplies all these medikits and ammo boxes?

I thought it was your dead comrades, or left behind by expeditions into Hell (because UAC is badass enough to open these portals, they probably got some guys in).

I never imagined heaven being a thing in the Doomiverse.

 

Alternatively for what @Benjogami said, heaven is as bad or worse for letting this (or causing this) situation to happen, or is otherwise indifferent to the plight of mortals (ala Salvation War).

Alternatively alternatively, there is none and so only Earth and Hell can settle their differences. Preferably by one destroying the other. I like that one.

Share this post


Link to post

^ I always wondered why ammo and medikits were laying all over hell. It all makes sense now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

 

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

 

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

 

The problem of evil: doom edition.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

 

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

 

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

Who cares, it's just a Doom level, plaster some pearly gates and fluffy clouds on it and call it heaven.

Share this post


Link to post

only the things of heaven are some powerful items, like a rosary give you 500 of armor, is strong but still the demons can defeat you, and some allies can spawn, like a one heaven guard or a archangel 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

only the things of heaven are some powerful items, like a rosary give you 500 of armor, is strong but still the demons can defeat you, and some allies can spawn, like a one heaven guard or a archangel 

Nah. The heaven already gave you the power to spawn/resurrect as many times as you want :p

(It can be a curse if you look the other way)

Share this post


Link to post

But yeah, jokes aside, I think something like that could be cool, especially if all of Doomguy's weapons and powers were redesigned to make him a magic holy warrior, or something.

Share this post


Link to post

Is the idea, Doomguy fighting the demons , but he has a little help from the heaven

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Memfis said:

Well, who do you think supplies all these medikits and ammo boxes?

That would be mortal Earthlings

Share this post


Link to post

I tend to think in the Doom universe hell is the only destination. Maybe there is another force out there but they’re indifferent towards mankind. I don’t know, it’s a game about fighting demons with shotguns and space chainsaws on Mars.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Alternatively for what @Benjogami said, heaven is as bad or worse for letting this (or causing this) situation to happen, or is otherwise indifferent to the plight of mortals (ala Salvation War).

Hey, mortals opened up a portal to Hell, mortals get to sort their mess by themselves. That's the price of free will.

Share this post


Link to post

So... who sets the price of free will? The free market, I suppose? ;)

Share this post


Link to post

god no create the humanity for dead dumbed no? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Benjogami said:

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

You can still have heaven in Doom as a sanctuary or non-combat zone, where you have huge supplies of ammo and health. In ports, it can also work as a Strife-like home base. Eventually this base gets attacked by monsters and you must defend it.

 

Heaven can also work as the enemy's base if you're in league with Satan. Given the scale which we tend to imagine heaven, I think it would be much harder than usual Doom, because angels tend to wear armour and look like the weirdest things imaginable. And blind/kill you on sight if they gesture funnily at you.

Share this post


Link to post

Tbh the hell isn't necessarily the biblical one, it could just be another world that happens to be made out of fire and brimstone, and full of horned aliens that draw pentagrams, so pretty much hell.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Gaia74 said:

What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

If you've watched Supernatural, you'll know that angels can be real assholes with a God complex (pun intended). So, I can easily see a version of DooM where DoomGuy is battling angels.

 

The show does feature some good angels too. That's where co-op gameplay could shine. Heh.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2018 at 10:46 PM, Gaia74 said:

I worked in my Hectic x, my first good mod, but now in the new version you can get help from angels , the heaven help you

 

and that's why ask me, What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

Heaven in Doom universe? Heresy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2018 at 9:56 PM, Benjogami said:

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

 

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

 

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

You omitted the most dire possibility.

 

3. Heaven stuff is actually behind the Hell stuff all along. God is all powerful, but despises you. This is canon, btw. There is no escape.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×