Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Cacodemon

How did you come up with your username?

10 hours ago, Octavarium said:

Better than The Dark Tower? Dang! How does it compare to The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan? Regardless, I'll have to check it out, I love long epic series like these. Thanks. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread

I'd say so (Dark Tower is pretty incredible, one of the greatest endings ever written). It's much better than the Wheel of Time which has some serious flat points (book 10 is particularly dull) although Brandon Sanderson does a very good job with the finish. If you like massively complicated plots in a brutal world where mortals can kill deities but death is not as final as it seems then Steven Erikson is for you. He's not afraid to make the reader figure everything out for themselves, I've read some of the books 15 times and I'm still picking things up. Also, you should read Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive which is only 3 books beep but shaping up very nicely. 

Nice name BTW (assuming a DT reference)

Apologies for the continued thread highjack

On 5/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

"Scorpions - Wind Of Change".

I remember back when my mom was still alive and I was a young teen we were watching a top 100 worst metal songs list on prolly vh1 or something; they rated this song somewhere in the top 10! My mom was just like wtf it's not even a metal song, and she told me about how she went to one of their concerts when she was younger and this song had everyone in the crowd holding up their lighters, more than any other song that night.

Personally I love the song. If you like the Scorpions I'd recommend giving a listen to their Moment of Glory album with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra; it's a good listen the whole way through, especially tracks 5 and 6. I always play them back to back since 5 leads into 6. Lovely cd.

I just randomly thought it up back in 2008. Curiously enough, my username has become a rather integral part of my identity over the past decade. At this point, I can't imagine "who" else I would be if I wasn't MFG38.

My username was named after my favorite Hexen class, Baratus "Fighter" and simply put two letter I's as a 2.

I've kept that username since then, I also name myself Baratus 95 just because my favorite vintage OS was Windows 95.

My username was the name of an old comic book/flash animation character I made up in high school years ago, who eventually became the main character for some of my Doom mods.

Posted (edited)

My story is pretty f***d up.

My first username was "DXZ", I took it from my favourite hoody. But on my native language it sounds like as "IDK" (I don't know), so after few comments like "lmao, you didn't even try to come up with username?" I...I took my hoody, looked into it's label and found that this "DXZ" stands for "DeXiaZ". Ok, I thought. Also google said that this word is kinda means "Right hand of the God" (I'm not into religion, but it sounds too epic...that's sinful because it's a Pride, I know).

Also, btw, sometimes I'm using "DeXiaZ Fantom" as kinda Name+Surname. The second one nickname one time I've used between "DXZ" and "DeXiaZ".

Fantom is not a clever username, because there are toooooo many Fantoms in the Net. But there are no DeXiaZ'es (checked). But even more, there are no DeXiaZ Fantomes, lmao. Well...Please, somebody, call for the medics, I'm totally loosed my mind...Using nickname by word on hoody...wtf

P.S.: My "DXZ" hoody was white. Few years after I've bought the same hoody, but it was black with..."DBK". I didn't found what "DBK" means (I mean, DeBiaK?????), but it looked like that I've found the Evil version of my nickname. BTW, never used "DBK" as nickname.

On 5/10/2018 at 5:40 PM, MFG38 said:

I just randomly thought it up back in 2008. Curiously enough, my username has become a rather integral part of my identity over the past decade. At this point, I can't imagine "who" else I would be if I wasn't MFG38.

Mad. Finnish. Gamer.

Posted (edited)

I came up with my username via morrowind name generator. Yeah im lazy b*tch :D

Posted (edited)

My username comes from the first selected Pinball game in the "Balls of Steel" computer game. It is also the first (and probably the only) Duke Nukem game I ever played. 

That, and the other clever names were taken. image.png.849f74da42579545407754156ca7755d.png

Posted (edited)

Just the old classic IDDQD.

IDDQD was my go to cheat as a kid (Because I was bad at doom and the computer I had at the time could run doom but not as well. Slow has heck) Ever since it has been one of my favorite codes.  

Edited by Equinox24 : Should have specified more.

16 hours ago, Equinox24 said:

Just the old classic IDDQD

Wrong thread.

How did you come up with your username?

To be real I was drunk and thought the idea of my username being me asking politely for something to not contain tentacles was hilarious. The name stuck and now I'm using it for almost everything. 

On 5/7/2018 at 6:52 PM, Lila Feuer said:

Began as Cyanosis in late 2010, changed to cyan0s1s sometime after 2014. The latter's significance was to make it easier to find me on the internet (and not confuse me for another Cyanosis), it also helped if the previous title had been taken. It holds two personal associations regarding the numbers; Ichi from Ichi the Killer, and the Eagle's race number from Carmageddon II. The overall inspiration for the name was an opposite reaction to my previous long-running handle, BurningCadavre, which signified heat and the color red, Cyanosis would embody cold and the color blue. Its real-life association also just makes it much more unpleasant and reflected a drastic shift in my personality and the events occurring in my life at the time.

So this is old news now, but I've changed it to reflect ushering in a new era for me. Because I don't feel like the same person I was 8 years ago when I created Cyanosis. That name carries a lot of weight I'd like to disengage from, and in a sense I've come full circle, as BurningCadavre was red (hot) and Cyanosis was blue (cold), I feel as if a fire was reignited in me as of this year now, and what happens when you mix blue with red? You get purple.

For DynamiteKaitorn I came up with her name since I was (hard to say if I still am) a fan of My Little Pony. I decided on making an OC and I thought, why not an alicorn OC who struggles using magic and can't fly? Then I realised how stupid that was so I made her an Earth pony. After that, Dynamite got shifted from Equestria to Poneto and well history follows.

As for Heich productions.... My favourite letter of the alphabet is H. No really, it is. >_>

30 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

...I was (hard to say if I still am) a fan of My Little Pony. I decided on making an OC...

Heh, at least you didn't make an OC that's edgier than a razor blade factory and call him Bloodbath McBullet.

See lots of those.

Anyway, nice story, bro. More original than any of mine.

I was interested in turkic languages (and panturkism) for 2 years ago. So, I came up with a name that composed of two words.

"Taw" in turkic language (mainly Kypchak) means "mountain", and "tu'lki" means "fox". So, that means "Mountain Fox".

In some sites i registered as a "dagtilki" but that word also turkic (Oguz languages, for example, Turkish) and means the same thing.

noun

1. an action that is performed as a response to a stimulus and without conscious thought.

2. a thing that is determined by and reproduces the essential features or qualities of something else.

adjective

1. (of an action) performed without conscious thought as an automatic response to a stimulus.

synonyms: instinctive, automatic, involuntary, reflexive, impulsive, intuitive, spontaneous, unconscious, unconditioned, untaught, unlearned

2. (of an angle) exceeding 180°.

YA6iwgm.gif

(I chose this name because a 1 is a straight line and a 7 is an angle, together they are the essential components of level editing/map design)

Pretty long and convoluted process.

There's a game on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive not many people knew of at the time (maybe moreso now), called "Pulseman." Was actually a really good action game, with some neat visual tricks for the time.

So when I began journeying online, I wound up using my email address - Pulsemanfan001.

Eventually, when I began being a regular on GameFAQs, this got shortened simply to "Pulse." From there, I got heavily into the Roleplaying/Fanfiction forum they had. So I had my character's main gimmick be that he switched forms, basically taking inspiration from Gunstar Heroes' Seven Force. (An idea so good, they revisited it not once, but twice.)

One of those forms was "Dark" Pulse, and that nick's stuck ever since.

Ironically, the company that made Pulseman later went on to make a little series you might've heard about called Pokemon. A year or two after I came up with the nick, there was a move in the English localization of the game also called "Dark Pulse" (though it's "Evil/Bad Pulse" in Japanese). So every so often I get someone who thinks my nickname is from Pokemon and I have to smack them.

Though... in a roundabout way, it's accurate.

It's a take on the actor's name, but where I got it is from the first GTA. At some point your character is working for the Triads and they send you on yet another mission to kill someone. This time, instead of a solo effort you're assigned this guy to help you. So I took it as my online handle.

Jump back to 1996 where I was very much into metal, especially black and death metal. I found a CD in my town‘s CD store (!) and the music sounded very strange but nice. (metal-archives.com categorizes it as „dark ambient neo-classical“. Yeah, you gotta love metal sub-genres...) 

And well, the band‘s name was of course „elend“ which is german for „misery“, although the band itself is from france. It described my state of mind just perfectly at that time and it was sweet and short as well. After all these years I still like it and most of my friends (on- or offline) still call me that. 

Do so, if you like. But it's not much "metal" actually... and it's... very weird. French.

I have always liked horror and macabre stuff. Some 8 or 9 years ago I was into horror movies in particular, and I came up with this username for skulltag around that time, and it just kind of grew and stuck with me.

Mine's the name of an old delta blues guitar player and a good friend of mine. He was a mentor of sorts and taught me everything I know. He recorded only one 78rpm record in 1927 on the Paramount Label, which also issued recordings by Charlie Patton, Ma Rainey, and Blind Lemon Jefferson in the late 1920s. The only remaining copy of the recording was in John Fahey's record collection, but it was stolen.

Edit: Here's a picture of the original label:

mbs3zcae.jpg

It's my xbox gamertag.

22 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

It's a take on the actor's name, but where I got it is from the first GTA. At some point your character is working for the Triads and they send you on yet another mission to kill someone. This time, instead of a solo effort you're assigned this guy to help you. So I took it as my online handle.

I actually chuckled. That is one cool username.

Edited by Space Boss

It's part of my long-term plan.
Once I get rich enough, I want to buy a powerhouse and name it Mytochondria.

a character called Vanessa

a female Xenomorph who loves mcdonalds is the character, here's a pic

2.gif

lil_dude.png

53.gif