Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

Random Video Thread

Cats competing in a fish lifting competition, courtesy of Japan. 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:48 PM, Kristian Nebula said:

Looks more like "3 people didn't want to go to jail for assaulting an old man and a store-worker" than "old man fights off three armed robbers. They probably thought it would be an easy score, and nobody would even attempt to fight back. I guarantee that old man's slow shuffling wouldn't stop a swing from a hammer if they wanted to actually kill him. Less of a "fights off" and more of a "Yeah, I don't want to kill this guy and he poses no threat so lets go". And it looks like a BB or airsoft gun. These are not a dangerous street gang, it's kids pretending to be dangerous, and the old guy is lucky he didn't get a hammer in the face.

4 hours ago, Jello said:

Looks more like "3 people didn't want to go to jail for assaulting an old man and a store-worker" than "old man fights off three armed robbers. They probably thought it would be an easy score, and nobody would even attempt to fight back. I guarantee that old man's slow shuffling wouldn't stop a swing from a hammer if they wanted to actually kill him. Less of a "fights off" and more of a "Yeah, I don't want to kill this guy and he poses no threat so lets go". And it looks like a BB or airsoft gun. These are not a dangerous street gang, it's kids pretending to be dangerous, and the old guy is lucky he didn't get a hammer in the face.

Good point. There was a news story about this at the time, where they had interviewed the old guy who apparently goes to gym recently and decided to go and help the man behind the counter because he knew him. If I remember right, they mentioned in the article that he is 84 years old. They also wrote that the robbers were genuinely surprised about the reaction of that old man and he posed much more resistance than they thought which was none whatsoever.

Surely loved that movie back when I watched it, for a number of reasons.