Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGamePhilosophe

Rage 2 leaked?

What the fuck was that

Was that actually supposed to sell anyone on the game?

Edit: 

I don't know what to make of the fact that a developer isn't listed but it probably doesn't mean anything good.

Edited by Marn

Even as a TV ad I'd have the exact same response. It explains absolutely nothing and just raises further questions. Unless this is an America specific ad and that's how ads typically work there?

1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

Even as a TV ad I'd have the exact same response. It explains absolutely nothing and just raises further questions. Unless this is an America specific ad and that's how ads typically work there?

Not unless it's to be aired exclusively on TLC.

Other than that being an all-around terrible way to present the game, (shitty, shitty music, nothing on screen long enough for me to discern much, and the characters making dumbass annoying poses), I really can't make much of a comment. Character models look good, at least. That's about all I can say.

EDIT: I don't know if that's actually from the game, but either way I can't imagine that will be the trailer they reveal it with. That's a fifteen second TV clip, something you put out when your game is close to done. The initial announcement trailer for DOOM was about a minute long, and that was before any actual gameplay was shown. There's just no way that's what they'll actually use to unveil the game.

Edited by Caffeine Freak

3 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

@Caffeine Freak

That, and Doom is not really the kind of game where you stop to look at the details all the time. 

Maybe a lot of people don't. I sure do. I spend time analyzing the details of every game I play, and I've spent hours gazing at the architecture and other details in the new DOOM, particularly the first time I played.

43 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Maybe a lot of people don't. I sure do. I spend time analyzing the details of every game I play, and I've spent hours gazing at the architecture and other details in the new DOOM, particularly the first time I played.

I do too, I am quite obsessed with it actually. What I am saying is that the game was not designed that way.

i haven't played rage and haven't seen more than half an hour of footage but in my soul I know it's a slow mission based shooter where you get to shoot six people and then you have to Learn About the Setting from an npc with irritating voice acting

On 5/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, DooM_RO said:

They ditched Megatextures for a reason.

They are memory guzzlers and I really don't want to have to download a 250 GB game. Plus, they don't really add much. I mean the tech made sense in 2004 when you could still see texture repetition but nowadays games are just overflowing with detail and not always to their benefit. I really think we've reached the point where "extra detail" won't make new games any better.

Wasn't the game so detailed it had 450 desk textures? Then when the game was too big for the media they had to scrap them down.

Looks like Ye Ole Bethesda Twitter released something that looks like Rage 2 with 5/18 on it.

Suddenly Rage is colorful... Which is cool. Good to give it a reason to stand out from the other IPs.

rage was disappointing at the time for me coming from borderlands, but now i can play it for what it is.

we need to know whos actually heading this up before we get hyped etc.

From what I originally heard before the games was released that the graphics made the original game too big to be distributed digitally and this was before Bethesda bought out ID Software. After seeing how crappy a lot of the textures were in game I was under the assumption that they reduced the graphics in order to make the game smaller.

IIRC Rage was talked about in some news articles well before Borderlands was even dreamed up.

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I do too, I am quite obsessed with it actually. What I am saying is that the game was not designed that way.

I'm honestly not sure what it is you're saying here. The game is designed to look pretty while the player is moving at a high speed? How do you make a distinction between that and a game that's designed to look good while the player is moving slowly? How do you design the visual details of a game around the idea that people are just going to be moving quickly and not stopping to look, aside from simply skimping on the visual details altogether(which you've indicated DOOM doesn't do)?

Edited by Caffeine Freak

Well, that was marginally better. I guess we'll have to wait for the gameplay reveal trailer to see what they really have in store for us.

Interesting color scheme they chose for the title and logos this time around.

…and still no id logo. Interesting, indeed. 

I have a good feeling that like Wolfenstein, RAGE ended up outsourced to another company.

One theory floating around is that it’s actually being developed by Rebellion this time around (their official Twitter account responded to the leak with “👏”).

11 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

…and still no id logo. Interesting, indeed. 

I have a good feeling that like Wolfenstein, RAGE ended up outsourced to another company.

One theory floating around is that it’s actually being developed by Rebellion this time around (their official Twitter account responded to the leak with “👏”).

Good. I want Id to work just on Doom and Quake.

It's being developed by Avalanche Studios.

Check the text at the very bottom of that page.

"© 2018 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Developed in association with Avalanche Studios, trading as Fatalist Entertainment AB."

So at least my hopes and worries are put to bed...

Sort of, not sure if I like the intentional edgy punk obnoxiousness that brought horrible flashbacks of Jarred Leto [shudders] but whatever.

That was undeniably terrible and also a massive departure from the tone of the previous game. But I guess making everything completely ridiculous is all the rage (ugh) these days. I really hope that's just a dumb marketing thing and that the game itself won't be like that. But hey, gameplay reveal coming tommorow so we'll see soon enough. Hopefully it's better than... this.

Here's an article from a German website, If google translate is accurate it says:

Because we've already seen the game in advance and talked with id-boss Tim Willits about the mistakes of the first rage and the lessons learned by the development team in an exclusive interview. What ID Software has planned for Rage 2 together with its development partners Avalanche ( Just Cause 3 )

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/rage-2-wir-haben-die-infos,3329632.html

Also if you go to Bethesda's website and change the language to German it says:

Jump headlong into a dystopian world without structure, law and order. Responsible for RAGE 2 are two studio giants -Avalanche Studios, rulers of the craziest open worlds, and the idoshooter gods id Software - to deliver a chaos festival beyond compare. Go wherever you want. Shoot what you want. Blow everything up, which even looks awkward.

https://bethesda.net/de/game/rage2

Assuming I'm not being screwed over by Google Translate, It looks like id and Avalanche are both working on the game.

Well looks like we'll have to buy e3 tickets to see something substantial about the gam-- waaaait, do you think that was their goal all along? No wai!

It seems like they are trying to realize the original vision of the game. If you recall, RAGE was billed as an open-world game of sorts. A big part of the negative reaction to it came from the fact that it ended up being nothing of the sort. Avalanche makes a lot of sense for this, considering they've already done an open-world Mad Max game. In fact, you might say they already made this game...

This doesn't contribute much, but I tried to stretch the box art on the website onto this Xbox One game case template (I mostly wanted to see what it looked like when it wasn't angled), and it sucks.

RAGE_2_box_art_PS_attempt.png.36dac324e16b321dd6e29d278930cfa8.png