1. 1. Which DOOM is your first?

• DOOM (Ultimate Doom)
    • DOOM II : Hell On Earth
    • Final DOOM (TNT/Plutonia)
    • DOOM 3
    • DOOM (2016)
    • DOOM VFR
    • DOOM 64

Not sure if anyone start a poll about this, but I guess I,ll just go ahead and do so.

Here's my first game of DOOM played: I've played the first DOOM (even Ultimate Doom), then later discovered Doom II from the Xbox Original.

Would love to see your answers on the poll.

Played Doom from my Dads laptop and it had all the Dooms from Ultimate Doom - Plutonia, but I remember always playing Doom II the most. I think just because it had a cooler looking icon actually, so I'll just put it as that.

Ultimate Doom for me.

But shouldn't Doom be an option? A lot of people played Doom II before Thy Flesh Consumed.

None of the above I'm afraid.  I first played the Shareware release of the original Doom, two years before The Ultimate Doom came out.  My order went:

Shareware Doom

Doom 2

Ultimate Doom

Final Doom

Doom 3

Doom 2016

I first played shareware Doom (so I voted Ultimate Doom), then Doom 2, and then Ultimate Doom and Final Doom.

TNT Evilution - 1998. Took me 5 years to beat the 5th map as I couldn't figure out how to grab the blue key. But I anyways beat that game first. Surprisingly, Habitat is my favorite map from there - I can never explain why. 

Then I got Doom 2 - couldn't beat Tricks And Traps for a while as well, didn't really make it through the platforms - then Doom, then Ultimate Doom and in the end was Plutonia and the megawads. Fun fact, I got Plutonia for my 20th birthday. So I've played that one least. 

My first doom actually was shareware version of Doom, but since isn't here I choose doom 2, played it the same time...

My entry would be SNES Doom. My family at the time was too poor to afford a computer. It wouldn't be until the early 2000's until I actually played Doom on the PC.

I played Doom 64 after the SNES version, so I guess I will vote for that one. 

Doom shareware in 1993, Doom 2 full version in 1994, Ultimate Doom in 1995 (although I did rent SNES DOOM that same year), Doom 64 in 1997.

I remember looking all over walmart, kmart, and target looking for the full version of DOOM after I played the shareware. It would've been nice knowing that you had to mail order the full version. But once I got Ultimate Doom for my 10th birthday I was happy.

4 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Ultimate Doom for me.

But shouldn't Doom be an option? A lot of people played Doom II before Thy Flesh Consumed.

Yeah, the numbers of people who legitimately played Ultimate Doom first are probably relatively small, but there are likely enough of them that it would be worth distinguishing them from those who first played the OG three episode game.

Surprisingly enough, my first Doom was Doom 3. Not when it was released, but just a year or two ago. I played a little bit of it, but that was it. I do wish I could play some more of Doom 3 though. I've heard it's pretty good, but I've also heard that it deviates a lot from the normal Doom gameplay, what with more suspense and horror.

Doom Shareware v1.9 on a Games for Windows 95 CD. Though technically my first full Doom game was Doom II: Hell on Earth.

Choose Ultimate Doom, but it was really the original shareware version. Played it at a friend's house and was excited because this was a game that my parents said I wasn't allowed to play, but 8 year old me didn't care. It was love at first sight and I've never looked back.

The first time i played Doom was the shareware, specifically, the Doom 95 shareware. It came on a CD full of shareware games and demos