Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tolwyn

Requiem Reimagined (Soundtrack) Released

Oh, this is so cool! 'Gonna listen and enjoy every soundtrack right now. Congratulations on the release, and thank you guys for making this! :) Also, thank Jimmy, Alfonzo, and Eris Falling for reviewing the album track by track.

P.S.: It seems like my zip file has two 21st track, but I believe it's not a big deal.

Congrats on the momentous release, fellas. Sorry for not getting round to checking out the last few tracks you all sent me, I had things pulling me in many directions this past week.

Is it weird that I've been looking forward to this like other people look forward to Marvel Justice Heroes of Vengeance Incredibles 4?

Congratulations again guys. I said it in my review but everyone needs to check this out, even if you've not played requiem, you'll recognise some of the songs here (if not, have you even played pwads??), and it's great to see some of the original doom community musicians back in action again.

You win! Good lord. I've updated the download.

The best laid plans always end in me screwing up the zip file. Just delete the OLDER version. Keep the one that we just mixed down 1 hour ago. (May 10.).

24 minutes ago, antares031 said:

Oh, this is so cool! 'Gonna listen and enjoy every soundtrack right now. Congratulations on the release, and thank you guys for making this! 🙂 Also, thank Jimmy, Alfonzo, and Eris Falling for reviewing the album track by track.

P.S.: It seems like my zip file has two 21st track, but I believe it's not a big deal.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Congrats on the momentous release, fellas. Sorry for not getting round to checking out the last few tracks you all sent me, I had things pulling me in many directions this past week.

No worries, sir. We hope you like the updated stuff. 🙂 (GET "OFF THE STAGE!*)

17 minutes ago, Vorpal said:

Is it weird that I've been looking forward to this like other people look forward to Marvel Justice Heroes of Vengeance Incredibles 4?

I was looking forward to this, too! It's been a lot of work! 2 hours of music... you wouldn't think it would take.. this... long... 🙂

21 minutes ago, Tolwyn said:

I was looking forward to this, too! It's been a lot of work! 2 hours of music... you wouldn't think it would take.. this... long... 🙂

536 days, actually! We started talking about doing this on November 21, 2016 and we were working right down to... oh, 2 hours ago? :) It's been an incredibly fun journey, and I hope people enjoy listening to this as much as we've enjoyed the creation of it. I'll be working on putting this on YouTube for the next few days for folks who'd rather stream it than download it.

Do you have any plans to assemble this into a .pk3 file for use with source ports, or something along those lines? And if not, could I have permission to make and upload my own?

EDIT: I forgot to give credit to JD Herrera, so sorry for that. Credits have been updated to include them now.

Edited by SiFi270

So, we accomplished just over 1/2 second per day since November of 2016. Wow. Ok.

10 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Do you have any plans to assemble this into a .pk3 file for use with source ports, or something along those lines? And if not, could I have permission to make and upload my own?

The soundtrack is released as-is in mp3 format. We all know and understand that there are other formats (ogg, etc.) that are used by certain source-ports. This soundtrack is meant to stand "on its own."

That being said, we are COMPLETELY 100% fine with the community transcoding this into whatever format that is needed and packaging it up in a Wad, Pak, or PK3 (zip) format that can be used by any number of the awesome source-ports out there.

The ONLY thing we ask is that you credit us in a text file and point to the site (http://www.tolwyn.com/requiem-reimagined/) which is one of our "perma-links."

10 minutes ago, Tolwyn said:

So, we accomplished just over 1/2 second per day since November of 2016. Wow. Ok.

15 seconds per day average 😛

would the majority of the songs in this reimagining work in gameplay, though? a lot of the songs seems to have more defined endings to them now, which would make them awkward for being played on repeat ingame, unless they were specifically edited to loop properly.

in either case, this is great news! i'll be giving these tracks a listen as soon as i'm able to.

You just made my day. Can't wait to sit down and listen to this. Thank you and thank you to everyone involved with Requiem. 20 years later and it's still an amazing wad. 

Awesome to see it finally come out. Currently downloading it while writing this post.

This will definitely be one of the coolest releases this year.

"The Helix" is so over the top, I love it haha

"Tides of War" makes me sad that the AAA games/movie industry can't come up with comparable strong themes

Then having those Greatest Hits Klem tunes all redone and spiffyfied is like confectionary sugar on top of the frosting on top of the cake

It is hard to get people pumped up for anything these days.  This was the result of an enormous amount of work.  A really huge amount of just about everything.

It was great to work with Tolwyn, Doyle, and Herrera on this reimagining.  These guys were more than instrumental in this whole thing; they were obligatory to the end.

Thank you so much to the reviewers: Paddock, Alfonzo, and Tristan.  I really hope you liked this release.

Most of all, thank you to everyone that is hearing this music and enjoying it right now.

And Vorpal...you are much too much :)

Edited by markklem

I've been listening to this slowly since there is so much greatness I can't process it in one go. Man, I wish I had the vocabulary to express how much this release means to me. Requiem was the first single player megawad that I've played, it left an everlasting impression on me, and after ten-something years I still come back to its music. The fact that four busy adults got together and put so much effort into remastering the soundtrack I value tremendously... It's a miracle, like I'm still surprised this actually happened. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! (four musicians - four thank yous)

Its been some time since ive played requiem. Good reason to fire it up again. Or those wall of text reviews from my favorite doom musicians 😉

Congrats guys. Returning to a 25-year-old gaming community and spending time to remaster a levelset's soundtrack is a act that definitely needs to be appreciated and cherished. Darn freakin legends!

so i've been going through this album at least once all the way through now, and i really dig the new takes on these classic Requiem tracks.

i was always a fan of the musical talent in the community that were present back then, and the tracks of the likes of the Memento Mori series, Requiem, Icarus etc. always struck an impression with me. so seeing these tracks being redone by the same people that made them back then, some 20 years later, just brings that extra flair of authenticity and dedication to their craft here, and it's fun to compare the difference to the MIDI originals versus what's being shown here.

i really like how you guys went above and beyond with remaking some of these tracks. in particular, i think i prefer the versions of Breath of Sin, Mystic's Glance, and particularly Helix here, because they're both so radically different from the MIDI originals, whilst still recognizable enough to not lose track of their original identity, and favorites of mine such as Rage, Lordly Might, and Breach of Madness also were wonderfully re-imagined here as well. i even like the little playful stab at the end in the bonus track, heh.

it feels inspiring to know that MIDI is just as valuable a format to get one's feet wet in creating music as more conventional methods. while not strictly a Doom project, i still feel that this is deserving enough for a mention in the annual Cacowards at the end of the year in some form or another.

very solid stuff, you guys! 🙂

9 hours ago, Spie812 said:

Can we get this soundtrack on YouTube?

Doyle is planning on it.

I'm loving these remixes so far! Has anyone made a music pack for it to be used in Doom yet?

Edit: Oh, looks like SiFi270 has that covered, haha. Thank you!

What was up with the hecklers in the live version of that one song? Did that actually happen?!

Edited by Lizardcommando