Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Bouncing Grenades

You can do it, just go to ZDoom forums (zdoom.notgod.com) and ask Nigel for the answer, he will tell you how to do it and what things to avoid and so on... ;)

It's a pretty straight forward hack. Just make the rocket (in air) item respond to gravity, and then give it the "floorbounce" bit mnemonic.

This can tend to make the rocket drop a bit quick, so you could use the lograv bit mnemonic to make it fall a bit slower - from a practical point of view this really only gives the impression of a rocket that you are able to throw/launch further than with the simple responding to gravity option. With that, the rockets drop almost at your feet (even if you increase the speed) and you are in danger of damaging yourself all too easily. With lograv you are not particularly aware of a slowly falling rocket. Sure, it's a bit slower vertically, but I think its fine. Play around with it and see what suits you.

You say "pure" dehacking, note that this uses at least one Boom style mnemonic. I'm not sure what you mean by "pure", but if it is no Boom style stuff, then it can't be done (AFAIK).

Oh yeah, and it will affect the Cyberdemon's rockets too.

Here yah go:

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Thing 34 (Rocket (in air))
Bits = 66576 + floorbounce + lograv

Thankx, I'll play with that and see if I can make sence of everthing you are saying.

You said BOOM, but that still means ZDOOM only right, or could this stuff ever be used under Legacy?

I said Boom because Boom, or rather team TNT, introduced the bit mnemonics format that was part of the Boom extentions to dehacked (BEX). I'd have to check, but I don't think either of the mnemonics used above are original Boom ones. Maybe they are from MBF and incorporated into Zdoom, or maybe they are Zdoom specific but the latest Zdoom definitely supports them. Someone will know where they originated.

Whatever, I'm pretty sure they are not Boom originals, so it is quite likely that Legacy will not recognise them.

Enjay, kool that info helps, I'll have to look that up and see where the features began, I'd really like to see if Black Aura could work them into his Dreamcast port of DOOM, so that I could make my TC compelete without leaving any features I have in mind out of it.

I found a way to make bouncing projectiles with pure dehacked, but they can't be shot directly by a player. It seems to work in any source port but in normal doom.exe they slide along the ground instead of bouncing. It's painbfg.* and weirdice.*here.