Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sero

Doom II, but all death sounds replaced with the Wilhelm Scream

Most enemies (except for Lost Souls as they don't have a screaming death sound) and even the player's death sound effects have been replaced with the Wilhelm scream, the iconic stock sound effect heard in many movies over the decades. Nothing special, just a silly little thing I did to briefly amuse myself and maybe others that will get a kick out of it.

For those who want to check it out, it can be downloaded Here.

There is a line which humanity should never cross, and yet you decided to doom us all by unleashing this pure evil creature to this world. Well, since it's futile to fight it, there is only one thing left to do - embrace it.

1 hour ago, Sero said:

except for Lost Souls as they don't have a screaming death sound

The only way to do this is via SNDINFO editing, then you'll have Howie scream Souls.

34 minutes ago, BioRenegat said:

There is a line which humanity should never cross, and yet you decided to doom us all by unleashing this pure evil creature to this world. Well, since it's futile to fight it, there is only one thing left to do - embrace it.

Life is best spent creating monsters for other unsuspecting people to deal with!

11 minutes ago, Glaice said:

The only way to do this is via SNDINFO editing, then you'll have Howie scream Souls.

Thank you! I'm slowly learning more about more in-depth editing, so this was also kind of an exercise of what I know so far.

Did I say Howie? I meant Wilheim. Howie scream was the other big stock scream used in movies..

The sound may need some tweaking in an editor for ideal circumstances in Doom tho.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:29 AM, Sero said:

Most enemies (except for Lost Souls as they don't have a screaming death sound) and even the player's death sound effects have been replaced with the Wilhelm scream, the iconic stock sound effect heard in many movies over the decades. Nothing special, just a silly little thing I did to briefly amuse myself and maybe others that will get a kick out of it.

For those who want to check it out, it can be downloaded Here.

I wish there was a version where you could customize the percentage at which the scream comes out