Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

not sure if this is the proper place for the question, but what are the rules regarding custom avatars? I just want to know what the max size is and if animations are acceptable.

Max size: 36x36
Animation: Yes, it's acceptable, judging from some of the avatars I've seen.
Posts required to allow the user to acquire custom avatar: Bah, can't remember - ling got me all confused because he seemed to change it back and forth at some point.
It's either at 250 posts, 500 posts or 1000 posts.
I think it was 250 posts last I heard, but don't take my word for it.

It's 250 posts, and yes you can use animations, as long as the size of the picture is less than 20 KB.

Bah, I think this entire fish thing has been blown way out of proportion.

DooMBoy said:

Bah, I think this entire fish thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Yes. Maybe we should let the fishies swim back to their original owners/creaters. The #doomroom people.

yes i happy to finally reach over 250 posts to get my own avatar. I have several now and will alternate them every month or so. Currently mine is the cover of a single by Front 242, one of my favorite electronic bands!

now about that title...

pritch said:

Don't go looking for a custom title. You'll almost certainly find it <hint>

har har. You are evil >:)

If you think yours is boring, mine was the typical Lost Soul on a white background (I'm kind of surprised that no one else seemed to be using it) for nearly a month before I reached 250 posts and switched to this Blood Lich picture. Still, it will be very satisfying to reach that 250 post mark and instantly gain the ability to use just about any picture that you can imagine or create (within reason of course).

And as for titles...
Be careful what you wish for. Just ask Gatewatcher.

Mine wasn't too bad (the green marine with chaingun), but once I made it to 250, I decided to use the green key I made for my forthcoming project. (as I wanted something small that I had made, and it's the first time I've dabbled in sprite editing)

Oh dear. I have many, many posts to make before I can even consider what I might use for an avatar. Still, thats one less post to go now. ;-)

It's a standard title for when you have between 30 and 49 posts. Next you will be a Mini-Member.

I already made an avatar I want to use when/if i get to 250 posts... I'm only like halfway there though. Meh.

Oh, and it's a fish. Please don't hurt me.

Ichor said:

It's a standard title for when you have between 30 and 49 posts. Next you will be a Mini-Member.

I can hardly wait.

Use3D said:

yes i happy to finally reach over 250 posts to get my own avatar. I have several now and will alternate them every month or so. Currently mine is the cover of a single by Front 242, one of my favorite electronic bands!

now about that title...

Front 242 kicks ass my friend! WAHOO!

Use3D said:

Currently mine is the cover of a single by Front 242, one of my favorite electronic bands!

Ooooooooooo so thats what it is, I've been wondering to the fullest extent to figure what it was...Now I know, I feel so proud now :D

Lord FlatHead said:

no Gary Coleman.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *sob* You took away my child-hood dream, I feel so empty now. :'( *sob*
I gotta have one...C'mon! Ill dance for ya...

hey thanks for all the info. as you can see I came up with something real quick-like. I got it from a sprite sheet of the BoH drawn in old-school mega-man style. I actually want to have him shooting a fireball, but don't know how to make an animated gif from a sprite sheet.