Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goosepants

is Classic Doom better on PS3 or Xbox 360(one)

I realize it’s not PC and I know pc is the preferred, but is there a difference in performance between these 2? I wanna play all the versions of DOOM! 

Nope. I think there's absolutely no difference between those two consoles if you have the BFG version (I have the PS3 one). 

Maybe this video will help you...

Thanks guys, just wondering about the Xbox live arcade versions vs the doom classic Complete. hey Leo Doom would you be up for co op on the bfg Edition on ps3?

Doom Classic Complete comes with more levels since it has Master Levels and Final Doom included. The music also plays at normal speed, so I'd say go with the PS3 Doom Classic Complete.

PS3 version of Doom Classic Complete have some lags when you playing split-screen game with another player.

When I was 13, I had the BFG Edition for our old Xbox 360. Didn't play much of the original games save for NRFTL. From what I saw though it's a solid port, and runs really good.

59 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

When I was 13, I had the BFG Edition for our old Xbox 360.

I feel so fucking old hearing people call the Xbox 360 old -_-

To be fair, it WAS released in 2005. And it IS discontinued. Not only that, it's almost 13 years old.

36 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

And it IS discontinued.

Eh, I think this is mostly because it was a broken piece of shit. So much that it spawned this awesome song that I remember making me lol the first time I had to replace one because of the infamous red ring of death:

Better than the PC? No. Better than everything else with a controller or on a console? Yes. Superior controllers compared to the older ports and the fact its modernized and not bastardized from limitations of hardware.

Edited by geo

The XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) version of Doom 2 retains the Wolfenstein levels despite being the almost exact same as the BFG edition version, you can even co-op with both versions (which causes intense desynchronisation on the Wolf maps).

other than that they seem very similar.

Maybe I’ll play that one tonight. Sometimes on doom classic Complete for PS3, it lags for a split second. You play co op tfk?

I used to play the Xbox 360 version back in the day- Doom II had a good solid port too, even with the extra maps! Ran very smooth from what I remember~

I first started playing Doom on the BFG edition of the game on my Xbox 360. Gameplay wise, there is no real important difference other than looking up and down of course. Music is generally the same. The Nazi Soldiers Are Non Existant And Are Replaced With Zombie Guys.

I Think The Only Reason To Own The Console Versions Is To Play No Rest Of The Living. That Wad Is FUCKING GREAT. I think its on the steam version of the BFG edition though.

Other than performance, the console versions are the same tho

Apart from the censorship that was mentioned, one of the biggest differences at least in the XBox 360 version is the soundtrack. It's done with a Gravis Ultrasound card instead of the standard MIDI we are all used to. If you're interested in hearing the classic Bobby Prince songs done different, this produces some interesting results. 

Doom Classic Complete definitely seems better on PS3. The greater amount of included content is an obvious plus. I own the 360 versions of Doom and Doom II, and they are fine, but the music has always been a sticking point for me.

I never understood why the music speed was screwed in the XBLA port and never fixed, the same thing happened to the wolfenstein port if i remember correctl. Worst thing it's that it even got re released when bethesda bought id and censored the medkits, but they never fixed the music. I have all the doom XBLA ports because of BFG Edition,it sounds like a small thing to complaint,  but the music speed it's a deal breaker to me, it makes the game feel really slow, and for some reason when people talk about the XBLA port for some reason the music thing it's always put aside like "oh yeah, music it's slower but whatever"

I wish they had fixed that

I couldn't tell it was slower to be honest, I thought it was just a different soundfont making it sound weird.

The music has been slower since the original port on the Xbox, it's all the same code branch. It seems as though this was due to using an old MUS2MIDI version which set the tempo to 80. As such fixing it would require someone to know it was even broken, and Id Software don't exactly frequent here.