Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goosepants

What difficulty do you play Classic Doom on?

Hi! On classic DOOM, Ultra-Violence isnt so hard because it's the first FPS with straff, ect..... But, i recommend to play 1x "normal" difficulty before replaying on "hard" (ultra violence) after. >>> You appreciate the difference on monsters placement, you know many secrets for better usage....and you can replay a second time your favorites wads : )

I'm someone who loves sticking games on the easiest difficulty... but with doom I roll no less than HMP (UNLESS IT'S PLUTONIA 2! *shudder*)

Are there difficulties aside from Ultra Violence and Nightmare?

Sometimes I'll play UV -fast, if I want more of a challenge.

On Ribbiks' maps, I'll tone it down to HMP because I'm not an ubermensch Doom god.

A few others are the same way there.

If it's a version of Doom that has cheats, then ultra-violence or nightmare. If not, then the easier modes.

UV, always. Thy flesh consumed levels 1 and 2 were very tempting to lower it, but I'm a little bit proud, that I went through on UV.

I also build my levels for UV in the first place and then later add health/ammo and remove, replace or reposition enemies for lower difficulties.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, Agent6 said:

Yes you can sir, in fact, like 42% above said there's wads out there that are radically more difficult than the original games, even the non-hardcore stuff is usually noticeably more challenging.

For me, UD has virtually only 2 pretty difficult levels, both in Episode 4, but they're manageable if you resort to a few tricks (infighting on E4M1 for instance).

Have we meet before?

It's a choice between HMP and UV. Usually I go with the latter when I'm sure I know the structure of a level, after I played it. Still haven't dared to touch Nightmare ^^'.

9 hours ago, Doom Trooper said:

Have we meet before?

No, I don't think so. Your name doesn't ring any bells.

Anything classic-style (Doom, Doom 2) is Ultra Violence. No exceptions. HMP is only for the PWADs that are considered tough.