Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

This gives me a Sandy Petersen vibe

This sounds like a fun midi being played on a computer covered in magnets with possessed speakers being feed the notes from a tone-deaf sound card.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:00 PM, NeedHealth said:

Soundly Petersen.

Give up. You can't beat Xaser.

Rob Hubbard is a titan of the sid chip era, while the video here is like 20dB too loud, and the frequency of the "instruments" is in a higher-than-comfortable range, it's an awesome composition that makes Bobby Prince look like a drooling lizard.

2 hours ago, Vorpal said:

Rob Hubbard is a titan of the sid chip era, while the video here is like 20dB too loud, and the frequency of the "instruments" is in a higher-than-comfortable range, it's an awesome composition that makes Bobby Prince look like a drooling lizard.

I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" kinda things these days, I don't think today's eardrumes are capable of appropriately filter this stuff unless they were around to get tuned by its initial impact (made for shitty TV speakers rather than headphones for one), but yeah, he was a mammoth of an ice breaker for game music. His (imo) magnus opus however...

...I later found out, has drawn quite clear "inspiration" from Phillip Glass:

...not that I mind, the love for Howard made me delve deeper into Glass' catalogue once I made the connection. Both awesome musicians. Prince kinda is a "Hubbard/Galway" of midi though! =)