Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Equinox24

Your favorite track throughout classic doom?

For me it goes like this.

Doom 1

Nobody told me about id 

Deep into the code

And facing the spider

Doom 2

Shawns got the shotgun

The ultimate conquest

TNT

Intro

Map 30

Plutonia

No new tracks.

Doom 1: Sinister as well (even if At Doom's Gate is iconic)

Doom 2: Message to the (fucking) Archvile

TNT: Legion of the Lost (in Pharaoh)

Plutonia: Nobody told me About ID (because it fits the track to the madness of the map)

Doom 1: Hiding the Secrets (my favourite Doom track and like I said before, also my ringtone - very upbeat) and Sign of Evil (atmospheric as hell)

Doom 2: Into Sandy's city, The Demon's Dead and DOOM

Final Doom: Death's Bells (my second favourite Doom track - I sink in the level, whenever I hear this playing) and Legion of the Lost (third favourite - most calming and depressing Doom track I know of - by the way, it goes well with any Doom map)

Doom: Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names)

Doom II: Into Sandy's City

Final Doom: Death Bells and Legion of the Lost

On 5/14/2018 at 6:24 PM, Ex Oblivione said:

D_Runnin is best.

Why im not surprised? :D

1. imp song

2. kitchen ace

3. shawn got the shotgun

My favorite tracks are:

Doom II: Shawn's Got the Shotgun, The Healer Stalks, Running from Evil, Into Sandy's City, and Adrian's Asleep.

Ultimate Doom: The Imp's Song, Dark Halls, Kitchen Ace (And Taking Names), Suspense, Hiding the Secrets, The Demons from Adrian's Pen, Waltz of the Demons, Donna to the Rescue.

TNT Evilution: Death's Bells, Infinite, Into the Beast's Belly, AimShootKill.

PSX Doom: Main Theme, Level Complete Stats (also in D64 and PSX Final Doom), Retribution Dawns, The Broken Ones, Hell's Churn, Mind Massacre, Mutation, Beyond Fear, Creeping Brutality, Lamentation.

PSX Final Doom: Bells of Agony, Larva Circuits, Malignant, Darker than Blackness.

Doom 64: The Madness, Spaces Between, Dark Echo, Voices in the Blood, Blood Red Shadows, Collision Course, The Rotted Foul.

But out of all of them, I prefer the dark ambient of Aubrey Hodges.

Edited by Agent6

UD: Sign of Evil, Suspense, At Doom's Gate.

D2: Shawn's Got the Shotgun, Running From Evil (only redone versions, though), Opening to Hell.

As it happens, those are also pretty much the only ones I really like.

14 hours ago, Marlamir said:

Why im not surprised? :D

1. imp song

2. kitchen ace 

3. shawn got the shotgun

Yes. 

Doom - So many good ones. Top three four

Kitchen Ace E1M4

Demons on the Prey E1M7 et al.

I Sawed the Demons E2M1

Donna to the Rescue E3M2, E4M2

Doom 2

Running from Evil 1/15

Getting Too Tense 28

The Demon's Dead 10/16

TNT

Death's Bells 4/13/29

Blood Jungle 16/26

Into the Beast's Belly 8/27/30

One favorite from each of three very artificial categories: creepy, rockin,' and in between:

Demons on the Prey

Kitchen Ace

Getting Too Tense

Ultimate Doom:

Untitled/Mouth For War

At Doom's Gate

Kitchen Ace And Taking Names

The Demons From Adrien's Pen

Doom II:

Running From Evil

Shawn's Got The Shotgun

Ultimate DooM

The Imps Song, Dark Halls, Suspense, I sawed the Demons, They're Going to Get You, Sinister, Untitled, Deep Into The Code, Donna to the Rescue, Victory Music

DooM 2

The Healer Stalks, Between Levels, DOOM, Shawn's Got the Shotgun, The Dave D. Taylor Blues, Into Sandy's City, Waiting for Romero To Play, Message for the Archivile, Bye Bye American Pie, Adrian's Asleep, Endgame Music

"Suspense" is my favorite. I love how such a simple track can be so immersive and hypnotic. I just wish the MIDI itself was louder. 

I like Donna to the Rescue. I feel like it automatically makes a level cooler and edgier (especially if it's a non-techbase).

The Healer Stalks is always my go-to music when I'm alpha-testing some new gameplay mechanic. It's a lot more pleasant to the ear than D_RUNNIN blasting while I'm staring at a newly-spawned custom enemy wondering why it doesn't work correctly. Besides that, my real favorite Doom 2 music would be The Demon's Dead. It's got that memorable, slow and intense melody... I mean, I guess a lot of Bobby's doom songs are like that, with one or two melodies playing on repeat for a bit, and then again with a different tone. But I feel like there's something special about this one.

Also, back when I had Windows XP I think? And it could actually run the original doom exe, the midis would sometimes glitch at the beginning, but that would merely cause D_DEAD to gain a totally cool intro melody. A bunch of notes getting silenced halfway through at just the right moments to create something unique and not at all annoying to listen to, somehow.

Doom: E3M3 (Deep into the code) or E1M9 (Hiding the secrets)

Doom II: Virtually every song throughout the game, it's just a classic soundtrack.

For me, my favorites would be this: 

Doom: At Doom's Gate, Suspense, Untitled, Dark Halls, I Sawed The Demons, The Demons From Adrian's Pen, Waltz of the Demons, Sign of Evil, and Sinister.

Doom 2: The Healer Stalks, Countdown to Destruction, Adrian's Asleep, The Dave D. Taylor Blues, Into Sandy's City, The Demon's Dead, Shawn's Got The Shotgun, Message to The Archvile, Getting Too Tense, Waiting For Romero To Play, Running From Evil, and Opening To Hell.  

Evilution: Sadistic, Smells like Burning Corpse, Death's Bells, More, Agony Rhapsody, Soldier of Chaos, Into The Beasts Belly, Infinite, Lets Kill At Will, Cold Subtleness, Blood Jungle, Horizon, AimShootKill, and Legion of The Lost. 

E1M8 but specifically this remix 

I found it on John Romero's site probably 10 years ago. It really captures the feel of the game I think, especially the desolation of it which I've always thought of more than the hordes of monsters. The artist above is Rimco since that doesn't appear in the embed, but it's his official Youtube page.

Gotta go with:

Kitchen Ace and Taking Names(E1M4)

Dark Halls(E1M3)

And of course the classic At Doom's Gate, also known as fucking E1M1.

Edit: Almost forgot The Demons Dead from Doom 2.