Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

Your favorite video game announcers.

Sometimes when we play a game, there would be an announcer there commentating your actions. One would be quiet and collected, and another can just be as loud & thunderous as possible, in strategy, arena, fighting, and other game genres. 

So I ask you, what are some of your favorite video game announcers? I'll begin. 

- I always liked some of the Command & Conquer series announcers, known as Electronic Video Assistants (EVA's for short). Almost every EVA throughout the series has a personality of it's own, and their voice comes across as memorable. They can sound relaxing, authoritarian, evil, calm, collected, deadpan, etc. Here are some of my favorites: 

My favorite EVA announcer (on male voices) would be the Yuri EVA, mainly because his voice just sounds... there. He always stayed in my head on my childhood years, and he is more ambiguous than the other announcers. Where the Allied & Soviet EVA's are lieutenants in the campaign, there is no character for the Yuri EVA (owing because Red Alert 2 does not have a single-player campaign for Yuri). Thus, it's up to you whether he is a lieutenant to Yuri, an artificial intelligence, or just a voice advising your mind. I'm still trying to find out who his voice actor is.   

My 2nd favorite EVA announcer is the Red Alert 1 EVA, mainly because his analytical deadpan voice can provide a true "Oh, shit" moment if a superweapon is used. Also because he sounds like JARVIS from Iron Man.

My favorite EVA announcer (female) would be the classic Tiberian Dawn EVA, because she is the most recognizable and calm, although I also feel that C&C 3's GDI EVA isn't bad either. 

My 2nd favorite is the C&C 3 Scrin EVA, because that voice... dat voice! > Sexiness levels intensified <  

- Another series with good announcers I enjoyed is none other than Unreal Tournament's. Again highly memorable. 

My personal favorite Unreal Tournament announcer goes to the classic one. Although I personally like UT2003's "Sportsmanship" announcer, even though he gets a lot of dislikes. 

2nd favorite is the UT2004 "Sexy" announcer, because...well, do I even need to explain? 

What are some of your favorite video game announcers? Share them here! Providing a video link can be helpful. 

Edited by Starkiller

I don't play too many competitive games/ones with announcers in general (close to none in fact), but I quite enjoyed VEGA in Doom 2016 multiplayer. Couldn't find a vid though, all videos I could find were just the singleplayer voice lines (which are also nice tho).

I'm honestly way more familiar with "announcers" that are part of the ingame world and comment on in-lore events instead of gameplay (GLaDOS/Half-Life VOX for example), but not sure if those count. They're still neato though.

Also, those Tiberium Wars announcers are sexy af pretty damn cool. Computery processed voices are my fetish favorite.

Quake 3's announcer wasn't as talkative as the one in UT, but his voice was cool as hell.

TF2's announcer nicely contributes to the game's atmosphere whenever she chimes in.

These two constitute the majority of my multiplayer interests though, so some other cool announcers might've slipped my mind.

Killer Instinct Remake. The way the announcer screams "Ultra Combo" is exquisite.

49 minutes ago, 129thVisplane said:

I don't play too many competitive games/ones with announcers in general (close to none in fact), but I quite enjoyed VEGA in Doom 2016 multiplayer. Couldn't find a vid though, all videos I could find were just the singleplayer voice lines (which are also nice tho).

I'm honestly way more familiar with "announcers" that are part of the ingame world and comment on in-lore events instead of gameplay (GLaDOS/Half-Life VOX for example), but not sure if those count. They're still neato though.

Also, those Tiberium Wars announcers are sexy af pretty damn cool. Computery processed voices are my fetish favorite.

Yes. GLaDOS is an particular announcer I like because there is just so much character in her. You would hate her, but you like her as well. And the Tiberium War announcers are amazing indeed. 

Nostalgic megadrive times. Those few who knows, will understand.

Ammunition is low... Medipack collected...

Team Fortress 2 announcer.

Unreal Tournament announcer, I admit I have never played the game myself and I only discovered it via Half-Life DM servers but I like it *multikill*

6 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Team Fortress 2 announcer.

Unreal Tournament announcer, I admit I have never played the game myself and I only discovered it via Half-Life DM servers but I like it *multikill*

The TF2 announcer has a pretty good personality when it comes to her regarding the actions of both the RED and the BLU team. 

Unreal Tournament's announcer was so memorable and recognizable that a lot of voiceclips are used in almost every other multiplayer game. 

Shao Kahn is my favorite from the the MK Arcade trilogy. I'm yet to hear anything near as epic:

My favorite is Dungeon Keeper. The first game has two, the second game has only one (the ever so wonderful Richard Ridings). I like the first one's mix between the two, the other voice is harsh and demanding (Dene Carter), Riddings is deliciously evil. Ridding returned to War for the Overworld which is essentially Dungeon Keeper 3 in my eyes.

Honorable mentions:

Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 for being hilarious and wacky. The canned audience you sometimes hear just further adds to the charm.

C&C and it would be a toss up between the classic EVA and Cabal.

Metal Slug for its similar charming cheese to GTA 1 and 2.

Unreal Tournament, specifically the classic '99 voice. I didn't really like the other choices in '04 so I was happy they kept him as an option.

I really like Vega from Doom 2016, the cold and calm yet almost menacing way he talks over the MP gameplay perfectly complements the chaotic carnage.

I'd say the same for the Origin announcer in SnapMap as well but he's hardly used.

Also, not so much as an "announcer" but I like how the bosses in Warframe will radio in during their missions and taunt you, my favourite has to be Jordas:

About 1:58 is where it starts.

24 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

C&C and it would be a toss up between the classic EVA and Cabal.

I now can't unhear Tiberian Dawn's EVA and Red Alert 1 EVA repeatedly saying, "Silos needed", as well as Cabal's creepy as hell voice.

24 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

Unreal Tournament, specifically the classic '99 voice. I didn't really like the other choices in '04 so I was happy they kept him as an option.

I'll be honest, I wasn't a big fan of '99's announcer at first, be he eventually grew on me after some time. Similar to Quake and it's controls with strafe/rocket jumping. 

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Shao Kahn quotes...

Feel the Power of TOASTY...

Another announcer that I like is from the Capcom vs SNK 2.

We're talking narrators as well? In this case, the one in Bastion pretty much made the game as distinct as it was.

@mrthejoshmon Kudos for Warframe. Tyl Regor and Vay Hek are also pretty fun. Sure wish the Corpus bosses got some fun banter for a change.

15 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Feel the Power of TOASTY...

I'm glad they kept that TOASTY sound in the latest games (or at least MK9 has it, don't know about MKX though).

Too bad they didn't (or couldn't) get the same actor from the Arcade trilogy for the later titles, doubt he could ever be replaced and so far no one has come close to him.

"It's official, YOU SUCK."

40 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

"It's official, YOU SUCK."

It always makes me laugh for fighting and losing against Noob Saibot in both MK2 and MK3...

But yeah, Shao Kahn quotes are legendary...

I have a few. The announcers for Quake 3 Arena and the Halo Series. And don't forget StarCraft - "You must construct additional pylons" *shudders*

1 minute ago, Akenore said:

I have a few. The announcers for Quake 3 Arena and the Halo Series.

The Halo announcer is quite bland to be honest. Killimanjaro (sorry if I spelled it wrong) is about the only memorable word that I enjoyed about him. 

2 minutes ago, Akenore said:

And don't forget StarCraft - "You must construct additional pylons" *shudders*

Command & Conquer is worse in this regard. 

"Silo's needed" YES, I know I need to build the damn silos to stop the Tiberium/Ore/Spice overflow, just SHUT UP already! Let me continue destroying the enemy. 

The overworld and dungeon narrators from original Dungeon Keeper are among my all-time favorites. I also like the robots in another Bitmap Bros game called Z, which I guess technically counts...?

Least favorites: the asshole announcer in Crazy Taxi, and the god of Funkotron in Toejam and Earl 3. The second either of them talks, I lose my temper.

OMG, I forgot about DJ Atomika from Burnout Paradise. He was easily my favorite announcer in any game ever. Man those are some good memories....