Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boingo

The Latest Version of The People's DooM is ...

I am starting this thread to keep you guys informed of the current version of The People's DooM (TPD).

The web site has not been updated in years, and still only links to the original placekeeper wad I made back in 2003.  There have been seven updates to TPD since October, and none of them are linked yet. (Hopefully, I can fix this soon.)

So to keep you abreast, every time a new version of TPD comes out, I will simply add another post to this thread to bump it, and give a link to the new version, followed by a brief description  of changes made.

So here we go.

The Latest version of The People's DooM is ...

http://www.doomlegends.com/tpd/TPD180512.zip

Covering the changes that have happened since the project was revived:

Several new textures have been added, cutting the number of grey stucco placekeepers by almost half.  Frozen lake provided a large number of them with a crisp graphic style.  I also added a number of my own, some of which were made for other projects, and tend to be very close in appearance to the DooM textures they replace. Some temps were added based on public domain sources.

Deathegg created a great looking new statusbar.

Several sounds were replaced, reducing the number using the fart placekeeper sounds signifigantly.

90 out of 111 flats have been replaced.  Many are temps based on public domain sources, many are new.

I made changes to the placekeeper sprites. The pink mannequins were mostly replaced with coloured versions to make it easier to tell diffent enemies apart, but still remain mannequins.  A couple of weapons are replaced with sprites by Eriance. Several temps based on public domain sources are in the game.  The cacodemon now uses monster sprites taken from opengameart.org.  The same monster sprite are used in Blasphemer.

The crappy Slige generated levels in episodes 1 and 2 have been replaced with slightly less crappy Oblige levels.

DooMkid was kind enough to donate his deathmatch level to TPD.  After some consultation with with various folks on the discord server, the 9 top rated levelshave been assembled into episode 4 of TPD, Warworld, the episode reserved for deathmatch only.  At present there are a lot of  missing textures, but we will retexture the levels as soon as we can.