Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

your favourite game, with a twist

- What's your favourite game that has no lead protagonist?

- What's your favourite game that has only a limited amount of bloodshed, or no violence at all?

- What's your favourite game with no human characters in it?

- What's your favourite game with a currency stat?

- What's your favourite game that contains a cool as hell vehicle that you don't get to control?

- What's your favourite game that you don't feel compelled to max or collect all the points items?

- What's your favourite game that you can play without a computer, phone or console?

try to answer each question with a different game :) I know it's easy to blurt out X-COM for #1 and #4

No lead protagonist: Rise of Nations.

Limited/no violence: The Stanley Parable, though I haven't played it myself, strangely.

No human characters: I would say Talos Principle, but I haven't even seen it, so the closest I can get to is Skylanders. The only human characters are the big good Master Eon and the villain Kaos.

Currency stat: Not sure I understand this one, but I'll stick to RoN for this one.

Cool vehicle you can't control: Half-Life 2. I want a hunter-chopper, damn it!

No max: Doom. I never really feel compelled to max any game 100%.

No computer, phone, or console: DnD.

FTL, i've sunk waaay too many hours into that game

- What's your favourite game that has only a limited amount of bloodshed, or no violence at all?

Pokemon Puzzle League, that game was (and still is) adictive

Tetris Attack, because it's SNES pokemon puzzle, only without humans

I don't understand what you mean, but since you mentioned XCOM and i love those games, im gonna say XCOM too =P

- What's your favourite game that contains a cool as hell vehicle that you don't get to control?

Metal Gear Solid, you can't ride the Mecha in most games, so i guess this counts

- What's your favourite game that you don't feel compelled to max or collect all the points items?
 Last year i was hyped to be able to play Arkham Knight, i completed the game and started to collect the riddler trophies.... then i lost interest completely

- What's your favourite game that you can play without a computer, phone or console?
 It would have to be a boardgame since im a fan of cardboard gaming, if i have to choose a favorite, it would had to be Stronghold, sadly it's been gathering dust for the past months since we don't play it anymore

Dungeon Keeper.

Rollercoaster Tycoon or Cities.

Probably something arcade like Pac-Man or Dig Dug.

Command & Conquer.

Metal Gear Solid.

Metal Slug.

Magic The Gathering.

1 hour ago, yakfak said:

In respective order: 

Columns

Balls of Steel pinball

Pac-Man or Space Invaders

A toss up between Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and either Dune 2000/Emperor: Battle for Dune

The REV-8 Leviathan in F.E.A.R. 1's expansions

Wolfenstein 3D 

The power of my imagination. Either drawing or writing.  

2 hours ago, yakfak said:

try to answer each question with a different game :) I know it's easy to blurt out X-COM for #1 and #4

1) Stellaris (also one of my all time favourites)

2) Tough one, seems I like bloodshed. No violence would be Sim City 2

3) Endless Legend.

4) Path of Exile. Most innovative currency system I've seen in any game

5) Half Life 2. Pretty sure you don't get to control those big fuck off walkers

6) Doom. Not fussed if I leave a few monsters/secrets behind. Doom 2016 however ...

7) Dungeons and Dragons hand down but I do have a soft spot for 500

1. That's difficult but maybe rise of the triad?

2. Tough one, I've played a lot of games with violence... Never played this game but maybe Forza Hoirozan?

3. Another difficult one! Spyro

4. Grand theft auto 5

5. Metal gear solid one

6.  Final doom

7. DOOM

These probably change a bit with the passage of time:

- Does World of Warcraft count?

- Dance Dance Revolution

- Assuming that games with space ships have human pilots unless otherwise stated... Ms. Pac-Man?

- Like, where you get in-game money?  World of Warcraft.

- Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.  There's a segment with a titan.

- That's most of my favorite games for me

- Space Hulk board game

3 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

- Does World of Warcraft count?

World of Warcraft has humans though..

15 minutes ago, Equinox24 said:

World of Warcraft has humans though..

That was for the "No lead protagonists" one.  Figured a self-made player character didn't count :-P

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Sonic CD

Pac-Man

Carmageddon

Metal Gear Solid

Wolfenstein 3D

Imagination

puzzle and dragons

stardew valley

worms armageddon

this seems like the "what is your favorite rpg" question so i'll go with ff6.

this is really hard, honestly. i always wanted to drive that tank in RTCW. or maybe some of the giant imperial vessels of valkyria chronicles? I also always kinda wanted to drive HL2 APCs

doomactually probably duke3d since i usually put effort in trying to max levels in doom.

i don't have a lot of experience with meatspace games, for now maybe something like sushi go. something quick to set up and play

- What's your favourite game that has no lead protagonist? FF6

- What's your favourite game that has only a limited amount of bloodshed, or no violence at all? I can't really remember any

- What's your favourite game with no human characters in it? Breath of Fire 3 (it counts, I'm sure of it, since all characters are either animal or demi-human)

- What's your favourite game with a currency stat? plenty to name

- What's your favourite game that contains a cool as hell vehicle that you don't get to control? No clue right now

- What's your favourite game that you don't feel compelled to max or collect all the points items? Hard to say because I love maxing the shit out of things. I'd probably say the JRPG Vagrant Story though.

- What's your favourite game that you can play without a computer, phone or console? Chess

Gran Turismo 3

Animal Crossing

Not really sure about this one.

SimCity 2000

Final Fantasy XII (the Strahl)

Just about every classic shmup.

Texas hold-em poker.

Medieval Total War 2

Faster Than Light

Spore

Medieval Total War 2 - again

Half Life 2 for the Striders.

Skyrim but it doesn't feel possible

I only game on PC now. I don't game with anything else. Maybe play with the Cat?

guess I will answer my own questions

no lead protagonist: X-Com, the original. a squad-based tactics and base expansion game with replaceable units where you don't have to be successful in every mission.

low bloodshed: Troddlers. a puzzle-platformer with the best elements of Solomon's Key and Lemmings. there are some obstacles to dodge including cannons which is why it's not zero violence

no humans: Klonoa 2, another puzzle-platformer full of fuzzy mascot people and beautiful music

money & shop system: Chaos Engine, a top-down shooter with level designs about as logical as those in doom2.wad. the money system is interesting because your AI partner can pick it up - do you try to stop them grabbing coins where possible or do you allow them some so that you can improve their stats in the shop screen?

vehicle you don't get to play with: Albion; an RPG based around discovering the inhabitants of a new world and protecting them from an invasive mining mission. The game's story is centred around a spaceship called the Toronto, but despite your character being a pilot you never get to move it around :)))

game you wouldn't max: Earthbound, a sweet little RPG with some end-game items locked behind one-in-256 chance drop rates. i'll never find the motivation to acquire any of them

non-electronic game: Shadowrun, my favourite RPG setting. a cyperpunk dystopia setting with goblinized demihumans and slums for people not well-connected enough to be allowed ID. every video game ever made from its source material has posed you as the good guy trying to correct some injustice but the soul of the game is making a satirical suit character who acts like as much of a dickhead as possible, whose team eventually gets betrayed by an even bigger dickhead \o/ I love reading the expansion books too cos the creators clearly had a handle on positive anarchism and were socially aware of how bad big business can be

Microsoft Solitaire

Microsoft Minesweeper

Microsoft Solitaire

SimCity (all series)

Grand Theft Auto (all series)

Fallout 3

Tic-tac-toe

This is a hard one. I'd have to say CSGO, maybe Path Of Exile or Quake 3 Arena.

I usually play really violent games. Although the story has a lot of violence in it the gameplay doesnt, so F-Zero GX. (If that doesn't count then Idk, I don't really play any games that are violence-free.)

My original answer was going to be LOZ: Minish Cap by a technicality, but no. The Katamari series is hilarious, that's my pick. 

Starcraft 2.

It would be pretty cool to control the Forward Unto Dawn or the UNSC Infinity and fight with the Covenant Armada, so the Halo Series.

Path Of Exile. its a fun game but much to complicated. As a new player if you don't use a youtube guide and go in blind you will not have a good time.

Magic The Gathering. Dominaria standard is the shittt

Edited by Akenore : Accidentally clicked send before I wuz done

On 5/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, yakfak said:

Assuming "roll your own party of adventurers" type games count, Might & Magic 2 probably.  Though it's been a dog's age since I actually played it, I sank a lot of hours into it back in the day.

Tetris I guess?

Kirby's Adventure.

Master of Orion 2.

Commander Keen (BWB Megarocket)

I rarely give a damn about doing max items on anything unless there's a specific ending or something as a perk.

Fighting Fantasy.