Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Only played a bit of the opening before bed, but I like the Cyberdemons already.

Played about forty minutes on UV, didn't get very far. Got the blue and yellow cards and managed to get to the red card area where it teleports away, but I was lost from there.

High quality wad, hard as hell, but really good.

Very glad to always see new mapsets from you—gotta find some time where I can unwind and sink my teeth into these beauties on HNTR. I'm expecting to get lost a lot :)

PSA: Make sure to read the text file about cyberdemons and barons.

here's three blind attempts, i failed.

noisy_magnolia_1_fda.zip (prb+ cl9 uv hmp)

Try 1 (7 mins): woah, cool, this is my cup of tea!  has a enough openness for exploration.  Also, it's not one of those silly maps where I'm punished for exploring by falling into an inescapable pit.  Died to the first cyberdemon pit.

Try 2 (12 mins): "crap, don't have enough ammo - 20 shells and some rockets aren't enough to kill two cyberdemons, better try to slip behind him and hit the switch"; died to same cyberdemon again.

~then reads textfile~

Try 3 (30 mins): Hmmm... should've grabbed that BFG, but i was too chicken to take it.  One of those point of no return encounters that seems to want things done in a certain order.  2OlYebR.jpg

edit: my impressions of map01 are really good btw, i'll definitely finish this eventually, maybe soonish even.

Edited by NoisyVelvet

Just saved the first map because I'm kinda lost after the freaking CYBIE PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Until now, very tricky and nasty traps and some superb architecture. Bit of a letdown with ammo though. The mom spider replacement is the nastiest monster of all but it does help for sure. Still I need to discover all the secrets hidden of this map....

Edit: I'm playing on UV and killed 294 of 380 monsters...

Edit 2: The music works in a weird way, it has an unusual tone to it...peaceful but deceiving....

Guys. The text file says: 

~ for magnolia_uv.wad, send a hmp playthrough to ribbiks@gmail.com

There are no UV-only things in any of the maps. 'HNTR and HMP are implemented' means 'HNTR and HMP are implemented, but not UV'. UV = HMP here. 

Is this the new way of making people play on HMP? Or is this a marketing campaign to generate a "buzz" and get people "hyped" for UV?

Well, telling people "don't play UV first" has never worked, so this seems like the next logical step if you want the highest difficulty to actually be an "extra hard mode".

9 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Is this the new way of making people play on HMP? Or is this a marketing campaign to generate a "buzz" and get people "hyped" for UV?

I reckon it's a cunning ploy to get people to send in FDAs.

Currently on map01 . Its the classic ribbiks cube so far: alien and colorful setting, cool architecture, devilish monster gauntlets. I like how it feels more "non linear" and puzzle like, and the teal is refreshing and mysterious.

I see that you are using custom monsters more often too. If you wish to do this more in the future, i hope you pick up Scythe X's custom monsters. They are super cool!

Impressive and addictive!

Quite relaxed loaded the map1 on HNTR and thought that I will get 100% in about an hour but with my sluggishness and all those numerous secrets, puzzles, pathways it took me more than three although after two I could exit by killing the guy. The first hour was just wasted. In the exit room I start saving. In the cybfest secret I start freaking tiring, dying and yeah the infights here are cool. The magnolian cybers are weak and gladly infight with the originals but can't stand against them. These new ones are the thing of the wad.  After all in the end I can't stop thinking that I couldn't even for some reason release the four viles and take the trophy bfg from them, so 4 monsters are left except barons. I found only 14/15 secrets. I'm guessing the last that I didn't reveal is in the 1199 sector. Also had problems with the YSK and didn't know why the platform with it went down after all. Later I'll attach the fda with timestamps

magnoliaHNTRFDAMAP1.zip

Edited by Player177 : file

15 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I have always thought it would be neat if a WAD was balanced for casual play and if you wanted slaughter you would have to play on solo-net for all the extra monsters to spawn in as multiplayer-only.

N ice. 

Been playing map01 so far, and like it. 

Mostly posting though because I found that you can jump out-of-map from here. 

Spoiler

TVoepWZ.png

4 hours ago, Linguica said:

I have always thought it would be neat if a WAD was balanced for casual play and if you wanted slaughter you would have to play on solo-net for all the extra monsters to spawn in as multiplayer-only.

"solo-net has baggage" - dew, 2017(?)

As I understand it, using solo-net as extra hard means you can't have Things tagged for multiplayer fulfill their actual purpose. Either coop players will get nothing extra to go between them, or solo-net players will get all the extra items you put in for coop. Moreover, if you play solo-net, you basically have to quit and restart every time you die, because otherwise you'll just respawn.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:39 PM, Paul977 said:

"~ for magnolia_uv.wad, send a hmp playthrough to ribbiks@gmail.com"

lol

this is brilliant

bueno.jpg

Great atmosphere, theme, midi, innovation (low life cyber that can infight against normal cyber), exploration, encounters (my favourites are the 'corridor of fears' of map 03 and some map 01 areas; small groups of threatening monsters are my cup of tea). Map 03 itself is an horror movie made into a doom map, long time since I played something like that. I also now agree with the difficulties maded for this wad: HMP is enough challenging (combined with layout complexity) to keep people busy for a lot of time. GJ

I found this in map 01, after I go there to grab the YSK:

ZmRv8Ph.png

Hey, we are going to play through magnolia on zdaemon coop/survival this evening.

Hi there. So @Ribbiks, are you gonna upload this to Idgames? If so, will the "true uv" be included?

Small trail:

Spoiler

lMPF39T.png

Why is the brick part casting light? Is that normal?

Spoiler

sFuUjoP.png

All found on map01

Edited by Catpho

I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but, I really did not enjoy this wad.

Aesthetically it's right at the top, solid 10/10 visuals but where my biggest issue lies is with the map layout. I can't find out where I am meant to go at all. Nothing stands out as "hey go this way!" or even a minor hint like "hey, you tried this end of this room?"

Overall I give it a 7.5/10.