Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxn

exodus

One year ago on this exact date I registered on the doomworld forums. Today marking my one year b-day over here, and with my 5000th post I am saying goodbye. It's actually a very nice feeling to be able to leave this place, not because I have a ban forcing me too, and not because I have a personal grudge with some people, but simply because I don't feel like this is the place for me anymore.

I used to love it here so much because you could really get to know almost every member. It wasn't just some random post you were replying to, you actually knew the person behind their nickname. You knew their personality, their beliefs, and so you could have had a conversation with them that you would not have been able to execute with a stranger. Just looking back at all the memories I have of this place proves how unique this experience was. I mean, where else would you get the same replies as you got in the 'lut is dead' thread, or whenever a long term member was banned? On almost any other forum people would just say "oh that's too bad" and not think twice about it.

It's just not like that anymore, all the people I've gotten to know are leaving or already left. There's no point for me to stick around either, after all it's all getting worse each day. I guess I just don't like forums with more users than the top number of posts by a person. Well, since that's about all I have to say, that's all I'm going to write. Bye, and good luck to you all.

... fuck!
Oh who am I kidding, that's all a bunch of bullshit! Think I gave two dicksquats whether I knew you or not? Fat chance sucker. The real reason to why I'm leaving is because I just fucking can't live without Ralph's pubeless cock being splattered all over doomworld. I swear to God, waking up every day, going on doomworld and checking Ralph's account page just to see the same damn fucking 'last reply' post is just too much for me to handle. I need him more than he needs the Internet, and without him, I am like a crack addict without any crack... life's just not worth living. Bye.

orion has left

Goodbye, Orion. I hate to see you leave.

Oh, and I'm leaving, too, against my will!

Maonth has left the building

I am leaving too.

So long, and thanks for all the wasted time. It has been great, but now I'm leaving and I won't come back. Doomworld is worse now than it used to be, and perhaps people who are leaving today will found a sanctuary of their own.

Bye Doomworld.

Lament, the Jazz Freak, has left.

Yes, the time has come for me to leave as well. You may have realised that I have been posting less and less as the weeks go by. You see, I've found these forums to be going stagnant with no worthwhile conversations of any kind taking place. Also, my life has been moving along a bit too quickly for me as well. I'm eighteen and school is over. It's time for some changes, and sitting around some forum flaming people isn't going to get me anywhere. So there...I've said it. You won't be seeing me around here anymore. Goodbye.

The Danarchist has left.

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. Though I'm probably one of those types your complaining about (ya know, not knowing personality, posting at random) I'll miss your moosefish presence in DoomWorld. Hopefully you find happiness in whatever you do, whether it be drugs or becoming a monk and moving to tibet, or perhaps both.

I hope you find Ralph along with your happiness. Oh and uh... remember condoms before sex. Even mansex.

Farewell

/edit Holy shit. I try to write a thoughtful goodbye speech and when I'm done, two more people leave. Actually, I heard this was going to happen (rumors and all). I guess they came true...

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

JavaGuy has left.

For those of you who don't know: Fredrik has left the building.

(It wasn't because he got losered. He 'left' way back)

Yeah. This was planned I do believe, because a few individuals decided DW had become lame, and they're hoping other people will leave. Either that or they were just joking, and I'm a big fucking moron.

JavaGuy said:

Yeah. This was planned I do believe, because a few individuals decided DW had become lame, and they're hoping other people will leave. Either that or they were just joking, and I'm a big fucking moron.

No it's not a joke....well not afaik ;) But look at it. Lüt, deadnail and other important characters have already left.

It's no joke, I'm heading with them, even though I'm not going to quit DW entirely yet, as I have a little more responsibility to this place.

A few things have been going downhill though. Lut going is a big factor. I'm not going to pretend he was blameless, far from it, but I wish a resolution whereby he could have stayed had been forged. Zaldron is also fading out, and orion, dan, and Lament are confirmed.

We've been planning a little place, a set of private forums, where we can go and 'retire'. This is not because we suddenly think DW or Ling is gay, it's because the older members feel they are a kind of community within a community now, and have grown out of the forums slightly. We may yet be joined by more old-school who don't want to quit DW, and as far as I'm concerned that's fine, but remember this is invitation only.

I never came across a better online community ever. I would have left ages ago otherwise. People who play Doom, well, they evidently have something in common because they know the greatest game ever when they see it. DW still rocks, and I still support it, but life moves on people.

pritch has left the building

Fuck, this sucks..
All the wellknown members are suddenly leaving.
Or is this some kind of joke?

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

Disorder has left.

Ralphis talked to me on the phone and he wants me to tell you that he is leaving too. He said to say again but I don't get it

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

sysyphus has left the building

sysyphus said:

Ralphis talked to me on the phone and he wants me to tell you that he is leaving too. He said to say again but I don't get it

You forgot the bold text.

Disorder said:

We need new cool members..

Members get cool over time. This feels like when the writer writes out people in a serie.

Shaviro said:

the "[/B]" and "[B]" tags around leaving text...tsk tsk tsk.

No, it's the other way around.
You start off with the "[ B ]" and then you... Wait, nevermind.

Shaviro said:

Members get cool over time. This feels like when the writer writes out people in a serie.

Huh? You mean like, when he forces himself to come up with cool characters or something?

We've been planning a little place, a set of private forums, where we can go and 'retire'. This is not because we suddenly think DW or Ling is gay, it's because the older members feel they are a kind of community within a community now, and have grown out of the forums slightly. We may yet be joined by more old-school who don't want to quit DW, and as far as I'm concerned that's fine, but remember this is invitation only.

Don't forget to give the rest of us old-schoolers a hint at where this "retirement" place is when you've set it up.

Personally, I hope that some (if not all of you) will return on at least short "visits".

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

dsm has left the building

Disorder said:

You start off with the "" and then you... Wait, nevermind.

yes, but see what happens ---> "[B]" and "
"...

I know i am new to the doom comminty (but have played it since 96), but i fell bad about all these are leaving... ;(

When the community lose a doomer, a piece of doom's soul broke off.
I have always loved the game. Doom was one of my first games I played on my computer.

I know i make stupid things, say stupid things.
But one thing i will tell, the doom community is dieing slowy.
Don't let it die, please. :(

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

TorntheDark has left the building

Disorder said:

You start off with the "[B]" and then you... Wait, nevermind.

Huh? You mean like, when he forces himself to come up with cool characters or something?

No. When the actors, actresses don't want to be a part of the series anylonger.

Shaviro said:

yes, but see what happens ---> "" and ""...

The horror!! ;)

Shaviro said:

No. When the actors, actresses don't want to be a part of the series anylonger.

Ok, got it..

I only regret that I'm not oldschool and therefore I can't maybe get a hint at where the others are going and talk to them occasionally. Don't abandon me dsm. Your a shining becon in this crumbling cyber world. If you left, I think I'd probably leave DW too.

Hello?

I thought forums were places where (randomly appearing) people discuss about a subject (in this case it is the perfect game) when they have questions about it or something to say in respect to it... not social clubs.

Most of the people leaving seem to have arrived or become popular while I was away from the forums (from shortly after the new forums started, till recently.) So bye dudes, whatever that means.

Oh, and I'm leaving too.

myk has left the building