Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Nebula

DOOM 2016 won't start, enters infinite black screen

Hi

So I just installed DOOM 2016 again, after 4 months and tried to start the game and it went into an infinite black screen and when looking at DOOMx64.exe after ctrl+alt+del it just says "no answer".

I checked various forums and tried to install it again, deleted some files suggested and tried different cmd parameters in the start to skip videos and +renderAPI 1 like suggested at Bethesda forums and still nothing. Just jamming in the black screen. Was there some update in the last four months during the time when I had it uninstalled which might have wrecked it because it worked fine in January when I last played it?

Anyone here have any tips on that? :)

Thanks

I was curious when this will appear here.

So, the official state is:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/199115/black-screen-error-with-latest-patch-march-2018

and reinstal

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

But, it didn't work for me.

Problem is realy in MVC++ cause my Doom works fine on wednesday, but stop worinkg on saturday. I installed and reinstalled MVC++ few version, tried command lines. Nothing helped. But I remembered that I installed battlefront 1 with other version of MVC++ on wednesday. I rollback my windows to time before install battlefront and doom now running properly, but my battlefront was kicked off from hdd by windows. So for sure if I install it back or something else problem will come back.

I tried installing also the MVC++ and it complained that it's unable to complete installation due to some error even I had removed any previous versions. Still looking at the add/remove programs options, it installed that version of MVC++.

I have the same problem with Quake Champions, it won't even start.. Nothing happens when I press play at Steam :D

Posted (edited)

After removing most of MVC++ my Origin program gone down. 

Ha, yesterday I installed Uplay, and Doom again doesn't work. Quake champions runs fine :/

EDIT: these are mine MVC++ installed, and today I installed latest nv drivers and Doom is running.

Untitled.jpg.20de46ad9ac0950804f4d2ec8bbeb889.jpg

As you see there are no 2015 rds

Edited by Teder

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Teder said:

After removing most of MVC++ my Origin program gone down. 

Ha, yesterday I installed Uplay, and Doom again doesn't work. Quake champions runs fine :/

EDIT: these are mine MVC++ installed, and today I installed latest nv drivers and Doom is running.

As you see there are no 2015 rds

Interesting. Currently I have only that one that id software/bethseda suggested to have. Gonna try install those too and see what happens :D

As you see 2015 version can't be installed. I didn't instal geforce experience neither.

5 minutes ago, Teder said:

As you see 2015 version can't be installed. I didn't instal geforce experience neither.

Got the same bug in the install complaining some unknown error when installing 2017... but it appeared in the installed programs list anyway after I deleted the 2015 version :D weird stuff. Time to try if DOOM works now, fingers crossed x)

Just now, Kristian Nebula said:

Got the same bug in the install complaining some unknown error when installing 2017... but it appeared in the installed programs list anyway after I deleted the 2015 version :D weird stuff. Time to try if DOOM works now, fingers crossed x)

:D yeah good luck!

Posted (edited)

:(

What gfx do u have?

For now I got 397.64 nvidia.

And about Quake champions? Still dead?

EDIT: yes, I found info that one guy deleted geforce experience and that helped.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Teder said:

:(

What gfx do u have?

For now I got 397.64 nvidia.

And about Quake champions? Still dead?

EDIT: yes, I found info that one guy deleted geforce experience and that helped.

I have Geforce GTX970 4GB Mini for Micro ATX motherboards... It has worked fine before and same drivers as you have. Quake Champions has been dead since I bought it in January :D I asked around Bethesda forums and they couldn't help me with it. Nothing they suggested worked.

Yesterday I tried to update my Windows 7 and it said the update isn't possible because some system file problem. Maybe I should wipe the sheet clean and install Windows again since the beginning but that would require so much work related to my music studio that it would take a couple of days and I just don't have the time to install everything again right now for the sake of one game :D

EDIT: At least Wolfensteins are working fine.. They just tend to get boring quite fast! :D

Posted (edited)

I reinstalled os 19 days ago. Doom was a first game I installed and worked fine until I installed battlefront, and yesterday uplay game.

EDIT: devs really have users in a deep...

I got QC since second beta.

Just now, Teder said:

I reinstalled os 19 days ago. Doom was a first game I installed and worked fine until I installed battlefront, and yesterday uplay game.

Ok. I will consider to reinstall os during my summer vacation if I can manage to do it in the middle of my summer tour as a music artist. :)

Bad is that I don't really now what helped to my doom. I unistalled almost all MVC++ than I installed 2013 and 2017 (2015 didn't want to install). And after all I reinstalled nv. One thing that I found is that some guy on steam forum turn off power management mode for optimal for Doom program settings.

I read almost all 15 pages https://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/1696043263502515818/

Posted (edited)

It seems I might be onto the source of the problem... A key windows file Trustedinstaller.exe was missing which I replaced with another one from my laptop that I use for my gigs. Now Windows Update works again, and the Visual C++ Redistributables install errors stopped and the install completed itself properly. Downloading DOOM, fingers crossed x)

EDIT: Got it working now, wohoo! :D I suspect that Quake Champions will also work now, reinstalling it tomorrow!

Edited by Kristian Nebula

Cool. I repair my Doom but damaged some other programs ;p