Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Andy Olivera Mapset Project [-complevel 9]

4 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Hey everyone. Just updating you on the progress for my level. As I have been designing it, it is becoming much larger and different than I envisioned it. I swear I spend way too much time getting the texturing fitting and aligned. It is coming along slowly, but steadily. I have also made a start on the side of my possible second entry (dependent on the amount of other submissions), and was designed to be easier than the first. Here is a picture of the 'entryway' of said level:

Screenshot_Doom_20180626_112300.png.fda27bef12124587cbc730eb76bdfb43.png

Out-fucking-standing there good sir, really love the usage of textures and aesthetics in this screenshot.

I too have begun on my second map, title I'm going for is "Feeding Grounds". Intending to be a short level but my creativity may get the best of me.

Hello, so here is my second complete map for this project, Titled "Feeding Grounds".

It's a short map, not too difficult. Give it a test and let me know how it plays! :)

Screeshots:

Spoiler

FeedingGrounds1.jpg.ff2432cb1c3b145d070c44f6fc0ee55b.jpg

FeedingGrounds2.jpg.ff1581376145d466b1c8db5f4003449b.jpg

FeedingGrounds3.jpg.b632bf6f5aaf0b67f7bda2546fb2a6d0.jpg

FeedingGrounds5.jpg.ab49c60078d5bd354ad28059b0ce39b7.jpg

Map Title: Feeding Grounds

Music: Death's Bells

Difficulty: Medium to Hard

IWAD: Doom 2

PWAD: Returns Resource

Compatibility: BOOM (comp-level 9)

Testing: Tested in Zdoom 2.8, PRBOOM+ 2.5.1.4, Doom 2 1.9 exe. Please do not use free-look, jumping etc.

Map: Map 01 (Until this is finished and sorted out by Rdwpa).

Co-op: Yes. (HAS NOT BEEN TESTED).

Deathmatch: No

Monster Count: 112

Co-op Monster Count: 125

Secret Count: 2

Download: Feeding Grounds v1.4.zip

After getting some considerable feedback, I went away and did some pretty good changes I think. Check it out!

Edited by Bob9001

UV Max in 3:03

fg-303.zip

Actually quite a lot to say here:

1. I am usually against the map where you can't go back and explore some of the places (see point 5);

2. I hope there are different types of opening things. Now most of the walls are lowered in a slow way. At least the wall to the MegaArmor could be a faster open door etc.;

3. I would say the maze area could have more content;

4. Setting all the player teleporter into one color and enemy out teleporter into color could be better in consistency in a minor way (Eg: all player ones are red, and the enemy out ones are white);

5. In my opinion, you can warp the player to the starting area for the final fight since I think you can also make good use of the starting area and also fix point 1 in this way; (Another way to do this is to change the exit into a teleporter which takes the player back to the starting room, and put up another fight there.)

6. Is there a Plasma Rifle or something I missed? There are 2 mysterious cells in the 3rd secret. To be honest, I don't understand the meaning of the backpack here either.

13 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

UV Max in 3:03

fg-303.zip

Actually quite a lot to say here:

1. I am usually against the map where you can't go back and explore some of the places (see point 5);

2. I hope there are different types of opening things. Now most of the walls are lowered in a slow way. At least the wall to the MegaArmor could be a faster open door etc.;

3. I would say the maze area could have more content;

4. Setting all the player teleporter into one color and enemy out teleporter into color could be better in consistency in a minor way (Eg: all player ones are red, and the enemy out ones are white);

5. In my opinion, you can warp the player to the starting area for the final fight since I think you can also make good use of the starting area and also fix point 1 in this way; (Another way to do this is to change the exit into a teleporter which takes the player back to the starting room, and put up another fight there.)

6. Is there a Plasma Rifle or something I missed? There are 2 mysterious cells in the 3rd secret. To be honest, I don't understand the meaning of the backpack here either.

Ah very nice feedback!

1 - I don't understand what you mean, all teleporters go back to the point you came.

2 - Ah yes, I can change that if you think I should, no worries.

3 - Care to elaborate more on how this should be done?

4 - I tried to do that with the last area, uh I'll go back and have a look at that again.

5 - That is actually a good idea if I am getting what you're saying, have a duplicate of the starting area except the teleporter area is sealed off and make that replica the final fight?

6 - No, there is not a plasma rifle. This is intended for a beginning level in the wad so someone that's doing a 1-32 playthrough can get some early ammo for later levels.

^Ah, crap. I apologize for my stupidity. The teleporter can actually take you back to the beginning part... I don't know why I didn't find that out yesterday.

About point 5, probably you can lower that barrier blocking the way, so you don't have to duplicate an area for the final part?

About point 3, although I think about that today and yesterday, I actually don't have a particular good idea about that. Right now, it feels like a chores to me rather than an adventure. Maybe you can put deaf monsters with ascending classes. For example, Zombieman - Shotgunner - Chaingunner - Demon - Cacodemon - Hell Knight - Arch-vile, this may makes the player wonders what will happen next. Another way I think of is to lower all the walls when you're at the end and have an encounter about 10~20 size.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

^Ah, crap. I apologize for my stupidity. The teleporter can actually take you back to the beginning part... I don't know why I didn't find that out yesterday.

About point 5, probably you can lower that barrier blocking the way, so you don't have to duplicate an area for the final part?

About point 3, although I think about that today and yesterday, I actually don't have a particular good idea about that. Right now, it feels like a chores to me rather than an adventure. Maybe you can put deaf monsters with ascending classes. For example, Zombieman - Shotgunner - Chaingunner - Demon - Cacodemon - Hell Knight - Arch-vile, this may makes the player wonders what will happen next. Another way I think of is to lower all the walls when you're at the end and have an encounter about 10~20 size.

Oh right, it's algood man!

3: Hmm, righto. I'll see what I can do with that. I kinda like it being like that as this map is not supposed to be hard at all, but I guess that part is bland.

5: Well, taking some of your advice and moulding it. I have changed the finale.

I'll get back to you tomorrow with some changes :)

^Didn't feel too much different from the first one. I think it's better to call @rdwpa to have some input. Rd generally has better ideas than me.

15 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

^Didn't feel too much different from the first one. I think it's better to call @rdwpa to have some input. Rd generally has better ideas than me.

Aw is that so. To be fair, I really didn't change a lot. Just done some polishing and whatnot.

Thank you for your feedback anyway :)

Another small update for you all.
Progress has been steady on my second, smaller entry (am taking a break from my first for a bit). Hopefully it will look good and play well. About 40 - 50% done on it.

Working Title: Insertion Point

Music Used: Demon Eclipse E1M4

Screenshot_Doom_20180721_194351.png.e5f96d5f1e68c83b193eca962063f72a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180721_194427.png.777d718c8d8a14c3f09e21f41bb043a9.png

Hey guys, it's been awhile since anyone has commented on this. Just wanted to introduce my 3rd and final map that I'm contributing to this wadset.

Titled Temple of Blood, this map is intended for Episode 3 of the wad when you're deep in hellspawn ;)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

TempleofBlood01.jpg.0671c67444ce6d4c4474fe18d656e399.jpg

TempleofBlood02.jpg.b9e481125839d40f49b663e1f3687d2c.jpg

TempleofBlood03.jpg.9f26d47d370a16b5a659ddf7bc326481.jpg

Map Title: Temple of Blood

Music: Into Sandy's City

Difficulty: Very Hard

IWAD: Doom 2

PWAD: Returns Resource

Compatibility: BOOM (comp-level 9)

Testing: Tested in Zdoom 2.8, PRBOOM+ 2.5.1.4, Doom 2 1.9 exe. Please do not use free-look, jumping etc.

Map: Map 01 (Until this is finished and sorted out by Rdwpa).

Co-op: Yes. (HAS NOT BEEN TESTED).

Deathmatch: No

Monster Count: 292

Co-op Monster Count: 292

Secret Count: 6

Download: TempleofBlood v1.1.zip

Please leave feedback if you feel like you want to!

Edited by Bob9001

Admittedly I have been taking a significantly longer break than I originally planned (personal issues), so not much work has gotten done on my end I'm afraid. At this rate, I may just submit one level, but that depends on my circumstances. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Hey man don't worry about it. We'll all be happy to see what you can submit, but there's no pressure.

7 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Admittedly I have been taking a significantly longer break than I originally planned (personal issues), so not much work has gotten done on my end I'm afraid. At this rate, I may just submit one level, but that depends on my circumstances. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Oh this is fine, sorry to hear. I still look forward to your map :)

So after about 3 weeks of tweaking away at FeedingGrounds. I have finished making some changes and I think this map is now in a good place!

If anyone has anything else they want to bring up that I haven't addressed please feel free!

Hello everyone been a bit of period of time since I looked at this thread. I have been making changes to my 3rd map and today I give you an updated version. Hopefully I have addressed some of the issues that the release had, but as far as textures go it's taken a toll to get some of them lined up haha.

If you see anything that I may have missed please reply to this thread or pm me.

Hope you all enjoy and look forward to some FDA's of this map.