Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Samuel Hayden theory.

So I read his PDA entry and a peculiar detail was that his brain preserved in his robotic platform.

The Icon of Sin lays dormant in the Necropolis, presumably after the titanic battle in Doom 2, where you literally destroy its brain.

What if Samuel Hayden plans to place his brain in the Icon of Sin to resurrect it and take control of it? I bet he thinks that if he does so, he would be able to enslave the armies of hell, thereby not only having unlimited access to Argent Energy but also have limitless and terrifying soldiers at his command to control humanity, while also neutralizing the demon threat.

Bethesda reading carefully ;)

Interesting deduction. Who knows Samuel took the sword for and what does he want to do with it. I'd like to see hell battles in new Doom, and let's forgot the mars for a while. I'd like to see new levels like doom 2 the chasm, the spirit world, but also like refuelling base and the citadel. Imagine Doom Slayer fury after Samuel took him the sword. I hope I see continuation of this fight and I hope that my pc handle it.

That only works if DOOM4 is a sequel and not a reboot. Also, the Icon of Sin in DOOM4 is not dead but asleep.

2 hours ago, Touchdown said:

That only works if DOOM4 is a sequel and not a reboot. Also, the Icon of Sin in DOOM4 is not dead but asleep.

Perhaps dormant is a metaphor for dead in this case.

"Imagine yourself worshiping before the Icon of Sin, in awe of its splendor even as it sleeps till the Call of Ages comes."

@Olivia

its very interesting though.whatever for crucible is its gonna be more evil then all the theories we will think of im shur

btw this was posted here by person that was not used in game as part of the slayers testament

"Could he be demon kin, spawned from the loin of a grotesque infidel? Yet, the seal of the heretic binds him. His origin is as dark as his coming."

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

"Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."

"The heretic-turned-apostle Olivia, birthed of the dawn of our resurrection, by her hand we cross the divide. And for her tribute, she shall be granted the form of the Dread Widow."

Interesting theory, for sure. While the story isn't really the focus of the game for me, I am still interested to see where they will take it in a sequel.

9 hours ago, blackgoblinmagic said:

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

"Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."

Well my theory might be viable after all.

Maybe Doom Slayer almost defeats Samuel Hayden so he is kind of forced to move his brain into a much stronger body/shell - the Icon of Sin.

Trying to find similiarities between sould cube and crucible and If u look in to the design of soul cube from Doom 3 and the crucible...the bottom have same design.

Since soul cube is conected to the icon of sin I dont belive id would make similiarity just by chance.I would not be surprised if those 2 things can be somehow essemble together or beeing controled together.

latest?cb=20161121082037

4CCF723A0C94DC7C44967F846098EE9B772FDABA