Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spishak Cola

I have a question.

The chances are this has already been answered but I'm going to ask it anyways...

How do you like make your own servers on Internet Doom Explorer? I have gone to the "Custom Servers" section and clicked on "add" but I dont know how to get my address on it...

Could someone be so kind to help me here?

-Thanks-

use doomsv.exe for csdoom and zserver.exe for zdaemon. They come in the same zip as the client.

Eh, probably I couldnt give good description (
"Custom Server" is server, which is working but for some reason is absent in master list. For example your friend (or may be yourself) start server with parameter "master 0". In this case it will be absent in master list and to connect to it, you need manually enter its address (zdaemon -connect ...). I tried to make this job easier - enter its address as "Custom Server" in IDE - and it appears in common list (but only for you)

Thanks, but its still a bit vague...I dont really understand...How do i actually get my address so i can put it in there? or where can i find my address?

-thanks-

The easiest way to get your csDoom/ZDaemon server on the list on IDE would be to put "master 1" in your zserver.cfg (can't remember the filename for csDoom server config) file. Or if all you want to do is connect to your own server there's no need to use IDE, just run csDoom/ZDaemon and enter the command "connect 127.0.0.1" or "connect localhost" I think.

Thanks, but I have another question, I got a server, and its sitting there, how do I get anything on it and such...or If not that Wheres the manual thingy that tells me how to.

-Thanks-