Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hans

My WAD based on the Dexter TV Series.

Hello everyone.  After watching all 8 seasons of Dexter I decided to create a ZDoom wad based on the show.  It is my first wad created with Doom Builder.  When I created Doom wads in the 90s, I used WadEd.  Please, download and play the map.  Let me know what you think.  Maybe even review it.  At present time I am creating a 9 level episode for ZDoom.  It will contain a normal 8-level episode plus a secret level that you can access in level 4.  I am also working on a HUGE map for DOOM 64.  It is about 50% done.  I am also using Doom Builder to revise all of the Doom II wads that I created back in the 90s.  Most of them are uploaded and ready for you to check out.  All of my wad file names start with HGC, so, they should be easy to find.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/hgc_dexter

Edited by fraggle : Add link to WAD

13 minutes ago, Hans said:

they should be easy to find.

Not as easy as if you posted links to the files right here.

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

I feel terrywads 👀

No. I played a couple (but not the Dexter one yet). They're on the archives. I'll leave it to OP to post links for his own maps. For 90's early maps by a young person they're not bad. Nice use of Hexen and Ikka textures. Secrets not hard to find. Wall humping required on an obvious texture. WAY too much ammo in most cases. Simple combats, then a sudden mass of one monster. Set up as "No Freelook, No Infighting" in Mapinfo. Made a swarm of Lost Souls a PITA. Running fast to grab what you needed and exiting the area was usually possible. I remember a low graveyard wall which kept probably 15 Barons bunched up and unable to reach me so I could spam them with rockets. Okay.

The file name for the Dexter wad is:  HGC_DEXTER.zip.  Just type this into the search and it should come up.  The original version of this wad has the beautiful Dexter Blood theme, in MP3 format, playing in the background as you play.  But, I had to remove it in order to upload the map here.  The original version of my Dexter wad will be available on my DOOM web site.

7 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

No. I played a couple (but not the Dexter one yet). They're on the archives. I'll leave it to OP to post links for his own maps. For 90's early maps by a young person they're not bad. Nice use of Hexen and Ikka textures. Secrets not hard to find. Wall humping required on an obvious texture. WAY too much ammo in most cases. Simple combats, then a sudden mass of one monster. Set up as "No Freelook, No Infighting" in Mapinfo. Made a swarm of Lost Souls a PITA. Running fast to grab what you needed and exiting the area was usually possible. I remember a low graveyard wall which kept probably 15 Barons bunched up and unable to reach me so I could spam them with rockets. Okay.

But, did you have fun?  :)

9 minutes ago, Hans said:

The file name for the Dexter wad is:  HGC_DEXTER.zip.  Just type this into the search and it should come up.  The original version of this wad has the beautiful Dexter Blood theme, in MP3 format, playing in the background as you play.  But, I had to remove it in order to upload the map here.  The original version of my Dexter wad will be available on my DOOM web site.

If you want someone to play your wads, the least you could do is provide a link. You've also seen that at least one person has assumed it must be a trollwad, because of the odd presentation. Anyway, here you go: 

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

If you want someone to play your wads, the least you could do is provide a link. You've also seen that at least one person has assumed it must be a trollwad, because of the odd presentation. Anyway, here you go: 

Thank you for providing the link.  I am new here.  I did not know how to provide a link, lol.