Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

The big fat thread of what phone do or did you have!

A place to talk about what phone you have/had, and what you might like about it. Please no arguing about which is better either.

I had a old iPhone 6 for a while, but a few days ago I put it out of commission and traded it for a Pixel 2 XL, which is noticeably faster and has a better camera. Overall it's a very solid upgrade from what I had before.

My first phone was a Nokia 2690 which I think I got in 2010, my second and current phone which I got in 2015 is a Samsung Galaxy S5.

The jump to smart phones was amazing to me at the time, when I went out on long train trips I was able to do so much more than just rely on music from my seperate MP3 player which I no longer needed, I could also play games and watch movies to pass the time on those long trips.

I have a Note 8 right now and am quite happy with it.  My previous phone was a Nexus 6 and I was even more happy with it.  The best phone I've ever had, however, was the Nexus One.

I'm still using my Samsung S4 right now, and it sucks, but I usually won't change electronics stuff before it's broken for some reason. Therefore, I'm still using a GTX 560 for my computer...

The funny thing is that even my mom can't tolerate my phone and said "change your phone already!".

Edit: In the past I had used a bunch of button phones from time to time. But the one I loved the most was a Sony Cybershot.

My first smartphone was an Xperia Arc S (WITH ONE CORE AND 512MB OF RAM!!! - let's not talk about internal storage, which was less than the RAM).

I loved my phone and I had 4.4.4 AOKP on it, but as time passed, it started messing up the battery and it burnt a few SDs.

So, I recently switched to a used Nexus 5 (currently Marshmallow, but I am going to flash a ROM during summer). Needless to say, it is miles ahead of my previous phone. I am able to run a shit ton of games with more than acceptable performance (except some new games that have drops), store the 5 GBs of my music freely and not be afraid of the battery.

Edited by ShoDemo

My first phone was a Nokia 33 10. My next phone, samsung model can't-remember I used until it oneday started reciving airplane chatter.

I started off as a kid with a Sony Ericsson something something. It was a cool phone, I didn't spend my ass on it the whole day, and it served well until it retired from the service, as I got a Galaxy Mini (cannot remember which one), a tiny but cute smartphone which I was promptly hooked on. Like, real bad addiction. I used to joke that I stored my soul into the phone so in case I die the next person who would pick it up would be haunted and forced to carry two souls in a body. It did well, but I mistreated it horribly. It now lies in one of the drawers, tossed aside like a plague-ravaged corpse, decaying.

The first phone finds itself in the hands of one of the villagers who soaked her phone in the rain, it was the same model, and I didn't mind parting from it, so I gave it to the old lady, free of charge.

Then, I obtained a Chinese knock-off that I won't ever name (just mentioning it gives it more honor than it deserves), which, at first, was great, but:

-It had it's batteries replaced three times in a span of a year and a half because they kept overheating.

-It would kill itself over at least once a day, if not for the battery, then from something else.

-The front camera died off and the face camera was about to die as well.

I cast down the phone into the bowels of hell from which it came from, and got myself a Huawei P10 Lite which I now use, and to be honest, it's the best thing ever. My days of addiction were long gone, but it still finds use even with me, a casual user at most.

my first one was a 3310 nokia then

2:1100 nokia

3:2600 nokia
4: 5800 express music nokia

5:6300 nokia 

6: 6710 navigator nokia 

7: some chinese shit mobile 
8:S3 samsung (my first Smartphone)

And C7 samsung currently 

I have a lenovo but i don't know which:D
My fav will always be the nokia 6600 <3

First phone I ever got was some LG flip phone. It was purple, but IDK anything else about it. Then I had the Envy 3, then the Envy Touch (worst phone ever), and then an LG Optimus (which I learned rooting and flashing custom ROMs on) and then an HTC Evo V 4G (which is CRAZY to get S-Off on. Never ever have I had to ground out a pin to the SD Card slot!)

After a few iPhone 4s, a Galaxy S3 chinese knockoff that couldn't even do 3G, and Moto G, I'm rocking a Pixel XL. Best phone ever made IMO. Camera is incredible, the OS is never slow (I've had mine for a year now and it's still as fast as day 1) and doesn't come bloated with useless apps, and the 32 GB storage while not a lot nowadays, is still far from full thanks to all the cloud solutions we have now, and I don't store music on it so it works perfectly for me.

First phone was a Nokia that one of my mums friends just gave to her so she just gave it to me. I think I used it from 2012 to 2014 where I then got a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini as my first smartphone which I then used till late 2017 when it FINALLY froze and then wouldn't boot up anymore no matter what I did. I used it for so long that the metal around the button had actually started to rust somehow. The one I got after that and the one I'm currently using is a Samsung S5 Mini. I hate having huge phones, I have no idea why people ever think that bigger is better. I can barely even fit some other peoples phones in my pocket. I actually don't even like my S5 that much, it sometimes just randomly shuts off on it's own and the back shell is the flimsiest thing I've ever seen, it's got tons of cracks in it at the edges, Also the words for 'SAMSUNG' on the back just come off if you even slightly brush your fingers over them, It actually says '_M_UNG' right now on it.

Edited by Grimosaur

iPhone 6S, but when my contract expires I'm upgrading to a Galaxy S8. I don't really need all the crazy features the S9 has, but I also want to at least kind of stay up to date on phones with headphone jacks.

Huawei Y560, aka Huawhycantyouworkyoupieceofshit.

I think I had these ones during the years:

My first one was Nokia 8110 (the banana model) back in 1996-1997

Then 6110, 7210, 6230i, N95, 2680s-2, N8. I may have forgotten 1-2 models that I had from the list.

Now I have a similar Samsung phone which I still use, the Xcover 271 GT-B2710.

Nokia 111, the un-smart edition. It can ring and send texts. Oh, an it's got fancy stuff like a calendar, calculator and alarm clock. I strongly dislike anything touch screen based. And on the bus I stick to my PORTABLE MP3 PLAYER thank you very much

Started with a Nokia (can't remember the model), continued with an LG (same, can't remember model), next I had another phone for my previous job (no luck remembering brand and model...fuck) and currently having a chinese replica (sigh) of a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Lenovo A2016 which I use it now.

Samsung Galaxy Ace gt-s5830i, unreliable and prone to the dreaded "emergency calls only" error, I have 3 of them due to the cheap cost and fickle nature of them and the third and final just got the emergency calls only error.

Rather than replace it I'll upgrade this time, unreliable piece of shit.

I think my first phone was the OG iPhone back in 2011, but then upgraded to a 4S in late 2014. Then the 6 a couple years later, and then 7 the following year, which is my current one.

My first phone was the Razr phone 10 or 12 years ago. I've had a few since, but I don't recall what they were off the top of my head. Right now I have a Galaxy S8, which I've had since its release.

Currently a Samsung A5. It's aight.

Not really big on phones, they are useful tools. I use mine plenty for whatsapp, music player, alarm and Doomworld Forum.

Galaxy S7. I'm happy with it, though regrettably I got it about a month before the S8 came out, thanks to my cat knocking my S6 on the floor (landed on its weak spot, destroyed the screen) and I just couldn't live without a phone for a month. 

I've used a number of phones until now.

My first mobile phone was a Sagem, but it's been so long I no longer remember what model it was (in fact I don't remember the exact model of most of my past phones honestly). Then I got a Sony Ericsson K510i, a LG something, a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, a Samsung Galaxy something, and my current phone which is a HTC. I've never owned an iPhone.

How phones have evolved over the years though, from a very small screen with few features, terrible speakers for music, MB size internal storage, unresponsive touchscreen which needed to be constantly re-calibrated manually back when it first became a thing, very simple games, and no App Store or Android. Heh, a time when you couldn't do much on a phone beside texting and calling people.

I remember that as for most people here, my first phone was nokia as well. it was allready old school phone from late 90's back then. This brick end up hide in my room for most of the time. The only usage the phone got was for counting time for my running training. Im currently using galaxy a3 2017 model.