Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Making levels in EDGE?

Does anyone know where I can get a map editor capable of making a map specifically made for EDGE? Also, is there a way to add in new enemies made with EDGE into a custom map? Did these questions make any sense?

Well, since edge is pretty unpopular, one cannot be surprised there is little info about it or support for it. Particularly in respect to mapmaking, which is not its particular specialty (well it has special features for it, but most people use it to make mods.) Isn't there anything at the edge homepage or in the distribution docs? The sites for most engines have recommendations on what to use (deth for boom, zeth for zdoom to mention the most obvious examples, but they also mention alternate choices with details on how to adapt older editors.) Also, pay attention to the TXT files describing edge specific maps for info on what was used. You can always email the author for details. I remember at least two or three edge only WADs... both Wildman and Fanatic worked on edge WADs.

The only map editor I'm aware of, is DeepSea, but I generally don't go searching for map editors, so there's probably something else... or maybe there isn't. However, I do know DeepSea is a candidate, so perhaps you can stick with that "Trendy" map editor- bah, I hate it...

Any doom map editor can be used to edit Edge maps AFAIK.

If you use Wadauthor, then to add monsters you've created yourself(say its thing number 5555) then just place whatever thing you want on the map(e.g. an imp), right click on it, and then choose "Edit Raw Data". Then just stick the thing number(5555) in the "Type" box.

The procedure is similar for new Sector or line types too.