Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Slade 3 For Android

It would be amazing to have a Doom editor on Android. We have Delta Touch, which includes four source ports to play Doom engine games on. Now we just need something like Slade 3 for mobile devices. Someone should make it if it's possible.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:27 PM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

It would be amazing to have a Doom editor on Android. We have Delta Touch, which includes four source ports to play Doom engine games on. Now we just need something like Slade 3 for mobile devices. Someone should make it if it's possible.

NANI!?

That would probably be insanely difficult to use with phone interfaces and controls. Best way will probably stay as to use your PC and then just transfer to your phone with USB.

6 minutes ago, Nevander said:

That would probably be insanely difficult to use with phone interfaces and controls. Best way will probably stay as to use your PC and then just transfer to your phone with USB.

Someone on the Slade discord did say that it could be possible on tablets. Maybe just include sprite editing on android?

Mapping and doing spritework on the go? Sounds like a neat concept, although it would be very difficult unless you used one of those touch screen pen things.

Is that I do not have a computer what I have been using are my school's library computers and I am 14 and I only have a Huawei cell phone? And if Slade existed to celebrate it would be a miracle

1 hour ago, MrD!zone said:

I don't think you should be on here Kiddo.

That is not a nice thing to say. Also, there are others here younger than 14:

11 hours ago, Bit3s said:

how?

Well have the map be shown in a top-down view similar to Timesplitters' map maker view. An option where you can view the map in 3D, zoom with the fingers like how you do on pages using your android device...it's sounding confusing to you, isn't?

Hey I think Zandronum should have all GZDoom features and be supported on all mobile devices by tomorrow make it happen that would be awesome

why stop there, also put in slade/gzdb features so that you can edit directly in the game

I want slade to have built-in SLIGE support so I can create amazing maps quickly like it's 1996 and get rejected by modern /idgames.

8 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Hey I think Zandronum should have all GZDoom features and be supported on all mobile devices by tomorrow make it happen that would be awesome

Was that a joke?

@Bit3s Just do what I did before I got my laptop and use Eureka and SlumpEd on the library pcs, its definitely not the best combination but I was obviously able to make maps with it so it's definitely sufficient if you have no other option. At least it is if you want to make vanilla or Boom format maps, if you want to do GZDoom stuff you will run into issues since Eureka doesn't support UDMF yet so you will be stuck with Zdoom Hexen format instead which is the inferior predecessor of UDMF

7 hours ago, Bit3s said:

i can't use the computer

And that's diffenetly not a solid reason for off-topic that just accidently may be marked as spam from you, which is not that obvious for young men under 16... probably for older ones too, sometimes.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:27 AM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

It would be amazing to have a Doom editor on Android.

Do you realise that would be one hell pain in the ass to do literally anything in? including coding and mapping?

Just now, CWolf said:

And that's diffenetly not a solid reason for off-topic that just accidently may be marked as spam from you, which is not that obvious for young men under 16... probably for older ones too, sometimes.

Do you realise that would be one hell pain in the ass to do literally anything in? including coding and mapping?

Well to be fair Android does have mouse and keyboard support. Of course the fact most phones that I know of only have 1 USB port is a bit of a problem in that aspect but maybe you can use a multi port hub and it will work?

6 hours ago, therektafire said:

Well to be fair Android does have mouse and keyboard support. Of course the fact most phones that I know of only have 1 USB port is a bit of a problem in that aspect but maybe you can use a multi port hub and it will work?

What with screen resolution then

@CWolf screen resolution on modern mobile devices whether it be phones or tablets is perfectly fine for mapping, even a lot of cheap budget ones have 1080p unless you go really cheap like $150 or less. If you are concerned about screen size being too small well I suppose that might be a bit of an issue unless you have a tablet with an HDMI port that you can plug into your monitor and well I guess at that point you should get something like a raspberry pi or Odroid xu4, although those aren't really mobile those are just really small PCs

slade is difficult enough to use on desktop....

"mapping on the go"... has anyone heard of a netbook? it's possible to do at least 20 minutes of mobile mapping while away from the wall, maybe even 30

you need to carry a mouse around of course