• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dybbuk81

Silly Sh*t - - - Unicorn Palace!

Unicorn Palace Six

UNICORNS.PK3

5/23/18

Description             : This one is just for fun and only took a couple of days.
                          It is basically a boss level with unicorn photographs and
                          six different boss chambers. Each chamber gives you a key
                          and naturally the final door requires all six keys. There
                          really isn't much going on other than purple walls, six
                          rapid-cycling colored lit hallways leading to the six areas,
                          and a fan-looking circle that cycles all six colors as well.
                          It is just an experimental wad, with more to come in a small
                          series I'll bundle up on my site. They'll all have goofy
                          themes but some planned are actually kind of amazing ideas.
                          This one, however, is not one of those ;)

Additional Credits to   : DEU 5.2, DeHackEd, Doom Builder 2, XWE, Slade3
                          PaintShop7, Notepad.exe, Windows 10 back to 3.1

UNICORNS.png

unicorns.zip

UNICORNS2.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention it uses GZDoom...and is MAP01

Edited by dybbuk

I haven't made a mod in 20 years let alone a jokewad ever, but this was just random for my fiancé. She loves unicorns

I guess it won't link directly to the zip here...

http://www.doom2.net/dybbuk/wads

Edited by dybbuk : Didn't attach the zip

I wish i could do this for my fiance (but with birds). Though seeing as she is a graphic designer and I am a programmer, she would probably do a better job with the level design. I literally told her about this and will play it now.

I wrote that wrong, I haven't RELEASED a mod in 20 years lol. I've had several much better ones ;)

Shit! I'll fix that guys. I'm using Doom Builder X and it keeps glitching on me. It worked before but I can believe it if it doesn't work now. Plus floors keep changing heights when I don't touch them.

EDIT: That's exactly what happened, the floor was for some reason 152 instead of zero. Its been doing this the entire time I have been making the level

EDIT2: uploaded and ready again

http://www.doom2.net/dybbuk/wads

EDIT3: Peruse other stuff if you want... there's http://www.doom2.net/dybbuk/wads/musicforwads which has a little of my stock, but for a game I may make again with a few other people.

Edited by dybbuk

Also, I think the ammo is distributed very weirdly. Tons of rockets for the cyberdemon. Not even shells for the AV's or Bullets for the Barons.

Good point, I assumed people would do the left side first but barons only have like 3 boxes whereas I don't think Archviles have any. I also wanted to detail the crap out of the sublevels but jumped the gun a little.

EDIT: It's re-uploaded

Ha, I had my fiance pick random numbers to determine which order I'd do the rooms in. I got Archviles first and then Barons. Then I got Cyberdemon, Mancubi, 1 Spiderdemon, then the broken 3 spiderdemon fight.

Never assume anything. If it's possible, a player could very well run into it.