Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zeesastrous

Reliable Excavation Demolition.pk3 (My First Map)

This isn't the first map I have ever done, it is however the first map I've published here.

This was made for the Vinesauce Doom WAD competition. Sadly, it was rushed at the last minute after I realized I wasn't happy with the current project. I feel like the design shows this.

Features

• Team Fortress 2 textures
  • Six new-ish weapons (1. Crowbar, 2. Pistol & Revolver 3. Shotgun & Super Shotgun 4. Tommygun)
  • A boss battle
  • Criminally linear level design
  • Claustrophobic areas
  • Only UV and NM as possible difficulties
  • Excessive amounts of enemies for "difficulty"

Screenshots

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180301_002513.png.5d4de73242e2060256c2f3e1841fcaf0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180301_002529.png.507c196e55b3820fc66c83b381aeb6f6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180301_002549.png.b57460691ec442256671336e07fce721.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180524_011114.png.db1b4ba8f7276cb4916ec2cd1928ec49.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180301_002438.png.127676aa7dc4f88f9d52a9a0325dc374.png

Known Bugs/Issues

Spoiler
  • Some textures are missing in certain areas
  • Buggy rendering in vents on Software Rendering
  • It's possible to get stuck in the Hallways (if you're backtracking quick enough when the barrier lifts up)
  • Some weapons graphics cut off on the sides

RELIABLE_EXCAVATION_DEMOLITION.zip  (4,24 MB)

Mirror (personal website)

Tested with GZDoom 3.2.0. and 3.3.2.

Recommended w/ Hardware Rendering, as the skybox is nauseating to look at on Software Rendering.

Jump/Freelook should be enabled.

I'm planning to remake this map in a bigger project. If you have any suggestions on how to make this map much better, please post them below.

Edited by Zeepington

Is jumping allowed? Couldn't find a way to access the secret without jumping.

Edit: As for suggestions, the textures and weapons look nice but the gameplay wasn't particularly interesting. Maybe adding more weapons would allow you to design better fights. RL should be a must when making a TF2 mod in my opinion and would allow for more varied and interesting gameplay.

Edited by guineu

10 hours ago, guineu said:

Is jumping allowed? Couldn't find a way to access the secret without jumping.

Edit: As for suggestions, the textures and weapons look nice but the gameplay wasn't particularly interesting. Maybe adding more weapons would allow you to design better fights. RL should be a must when making a TF2 mod in my opinion and would allow for more varied and interesting gameplay.

Edited the post to mention jumping and freelook being allowed.

Also, the "bigger project" I have mentioned is exactly that. I had the rocket launcher planned alongside a few custom TF2 weapons from the workshop, but didn't have time to include it. Besides, I think it would have been hard to use it considering how tight the play areas are.