Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

John Bain (TotalBiscuit, the Cynical Brit) Dead at 33

Wow, ouch. I feel for his family and bothered by how young he passed.

While I wasn't a frequent viewer I respected his videos and opinions.

Knew of him and knew of his influence in the gaming community, but I think the only video I ever watched of his was his first impressions video of Brutal Doom. Regardless, I know he meant a lot to a lot of people and am saddened by his passing. RIP.

Edited by Knee Deep In The Fan

48 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Passed away from cancer. RIP. 

May his framerate always be above 30 FPS and his FOV always be above 90. 

Only 30fps? You are spitting on his memory sir.

Wow, shocking news.

Not a fan per se, but still have a huge amount of respect for someone so passionate about our industry.

RIP

It was tough to like him, but I'm sad to see him go, especially of cancer.

I used to watch his videos since around 2010, it's so sad to see him go like this. Rest in peace. 

I never watched all of Total Biscuits videos, but he always had strong opinions, and a lot of interesting stuff to say. 

Man, FUCK cancer. I hope a cure comes out and rapes it on a rusty old park bench. If I ever get cancer, I'll go to the dirt nap endlessly cursing it's very existence.

I had to let it out, since it is just depressing that some people that are not even in their fourties pass away because of cancer. 

May he rest in peace.

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Man, FUCK cancer. I hope a cure comes out and rapes it on a rusty old park bench.

Unless money goes away, that isn't going to happen. Treating people with cancer is a really good way to get loads of cash.

Respect. Even if I don't know totally who was he, it's still a painful death that no one would like to have...

John was a great man and the best critic this industry has ever had. It's tragic to hear he's gone.

Edited by Eligos

Cancer is some awful shit. Every now and again you hear of a cure, and then it just goes away. Cancer is big business, which is a despicable thing. 33 years old - damn. Rest in peace, John.

Man, I used to watch his videos all the time many years ago. Always liked that he would have a look at the PC settings of a game. Sad to see him go.

Safe journey John.

I really hope Genna can handle herself in the difficult times that are yet to come. The content, as well as the silly non-content, the two made together gave me some of the best laughs, and really made my days a good bit brighter every now and then. The two seemed like they were just meant to be together, and it hurts me to see a relationship like they had getting torn apart. I can't even begin to imagine how Genna feels right now, but I am confident she'll be able to handle this. I believe in her.

I only watch a couple of his videos, and yeah, his opinions can definitely improve the way I look at things. It's kind of sad that such a legend being gone. RIP.

I would occasionally watch some of his videos and they were pretty good. However, hearing about this was sad news and he was indeed very young for this to happen.

Rest in peace.

Aw man, what a shame...

I already knew for a few years that he had cancer, but didn't expect he'd die so soon, and he was only 33...

In memoriam.

I was watching Limealicious when the news broke. As you can imagine, I'm rather upset about it. :( I mean, I hardly knew the guy, but I knew of him. I guess he had that effect on people. But... Christ, how many more have to die before the scourge of cancer is eradicated?

9 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Used to watch his "wtf is..."-series for awhile. Whatever, goodbye.

It's understandable that you can't care about every death out there, even if the person provided a small measure of value to your life. Still, you should probably keep it to yourself.

Aww.

I knew he was gravely ill, but this is still something of a shock. Can't say that I always agreed with him, but he was always sticking up for the consumer. If something was bad or a blatant cash grab, or if a PC port was a pile of shit, he'd say so, and show us why it's so.

Wish he thought about a better game *grumbles*. Still, I didn't expect anything less from him. He helped me get through some tough times. Way back before Doom 2016 came out I was fantasizing what he would say about the game. That's how much I valued his opinion.

Good thing he had someone with him when he died. Lots of people die alone in their bed. That must be a pretty terrible fate.

I used to listen to him on WoW Radio, and watched his You Tube videos. And I suspect if there's an afterlife, he's already tinkering with it's options menu.

Everyone had known about his condition for quite some time, but it's still a blow to read of his passing. Rest in peace Mr Bain, you've done a man's job sir.