Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

John Bain (TotalBiscuit, the Cynical Brit) Dead at 33

It's always sad to see someone go, especially someone you are familiar with and recognise, it's like the world is getting smaller before your very eyes.

I hope it wasn't painful and I am glad he didn't spend it alone, he also left behind quite the legacy and will indeed be immortalised by it (so there's that small comfort at least).

Goodbye and may you rest peacefully TB.

5 hours ago, Phade102 said:

I'm surprised at just how....disrespectful your post is. its absolutely disgusting. a man died, and your response is 'whatever'? Have a freaking heart.

When looking for news on the subject I found quite a heap of disrespectful articles and tweets pointing out things 5 - 10 years old. He's passed away, its no time to gloat.

Heard about TB, never saw his vids. Still, 33 is such a young age to die. :(

RIP Bro.

What is important, he faced his death as a person who gave something to world... even if it would be forgotten, but still, the legacy has been given.

RIP.

Shame to see that cancer beat him after all. May he rest in peace.

33 is a really young age to go, specially if you're leaving behind a loved one behind....

I didn't regularly watched his content, but his "Wtf is..." video for FTL was the first time i ever saw that game, so in a way he introduced me to one of my favorite games of all time, ever since, when i saw a really cool strategy game i always searched for his opinion in that series, also his doom 2016 opinions were rather interesting to hear since he went from total pessimistic before release to loving the game on stream first time playing it. The first time he announced he was retiring from the public since his cancer was near terminal, i remember it hit me a bit close to home since at that time i had found out that some one close to me had cancer too, and hearing how he wanted to spend his last days left me with a big impression. Later he announced that his cancer had stopped growing and he sounded very optimistic about it, hearing him talk about that left me with a smile, sadly, after that i didn't followed on him, so it came to me as a surprised to hear that he passed away. Life can be cruel sometimes

May he rest in peace, my condolences to his wife and family

I think this is my first proper contact with death. I wasn't his biggest fan or anything, but I did watch some of his videos from time to time... and now he's gone... just like that... It's really surreal.

It's really sad that we lost yet another great person to cancer, and I remember hearing about him having cancer before. I didn't watch his content much, but I do remember his WTF is... series. My condolences go to his friends and family, and he will certainly be missed.

This absolutely sucks. Totalbiscuit was an amazing person.

R.I.P. Mr Bane.

RIP TB.

Someone please eradicate cancer from this world. It's the reason why we are losing a lot of people everyday. We are afraid of how many more people will die a cruel death because of it.

RIP Mr. Bain. I know the sting of losing someone close to you to cancer. It happened 7 years ago and I still feel the burn of it.

Looks like a friend set up a $200,000 GoFundMe. It has $95,000 already.

My question is, why does it cost $200,000? And why isn't the fundraiser put up by Genna herself and by some random person instead?

I keep forgetting part of it is from the stupid for-profit American medical system we have here.

14 hours ago, Glaice said:

My question is, why does it cost $200,000? And why isn't the fundraiser put up by Genna herself and by some random person instead?

I keep forgetting part of it is from the stupid for-profit American medical system we have here.

That's why I wasn't going to include the link. His wife Genna approved... but its their family friend from Nebraska that made it. It seems like she found out about it on Twitter and that feels worrisome to me. Sure he could be a family friend, but there are friends, brothers and cousins who have started GoFundMe's for people they know and ran off with the money. Some people on Twitter have stated that TotalBiscuit himself said he did not want one of these. Then again things change. The person that started the GoFundMe is also accepting PayPal donations from people without credit cards who cannot donate via the GoFundMe.

If Total Biscuit taught people anything its to scrutinize things. However its not a crime until he runs off with the money... like my ex girlfriend's cousin did for the $10,000 GoFundMe for their grandma's funeral money.

Total Biscuit has merchandise too for anyone that wants to do it that way.

Edited by geo

I don't know what to say. Totalbiscuit was a channel that i watched a lot. It's going to be strange not seeing anything uploaded to that channel now.

ths is just depresing, my gfather is sufering from cancer rght now, and seeing a gd persn die bcuz of it makes me faer more of it, rest in peace john bain, a  trly good prson and a valble persn to gaming..

1 minute ago, pc234 said:

ths is just depresing, my gfather is sufering from cancer rght now, and seeing a gd persn die bcuz of it makes me faer more of it, rest in peace john bain, a  trly good prson and a valble persn to gaming..

English please.

Never watched much of his content in all honesty, but his influence on the Youtube and gaming community was something else. Hearing this makes me incredibly sad, and I can't imagine the loss his loved ones are going through.

Rest in peace, man. Cancer sucks.

Lost my maternal great grandmother to a form of cancer (which spread from bowels upwards) in '92 so I know this is no fun.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, Man of Doom said:
May his framerate always be above 30 FPS and his FOV always be above 90. 

I hope his framerate never drops below 60 tbh.

He'll be missed. I appreciate anyone left in gaming approximately the same age as me (I'm actually a bit older, which is pause for thought at a time like this). Ultimately you tend to share a gaming aesthetic with your peers. I didn't share all of them, but respected his opinions. My condolences to his wife and family.

Sad day indeed. I enjoyed hearing his perspective on things. I watched a bit of his podcast with DJWheat the other day and you could tell that he was getting worse just by the sound of his voice so I am not terribly surprised by these news.  Still with his cancer going from bad to worse over the last couple of years to being stabilized it is sad to hear. I was hoping that he would make it through. My thoughts go out to his wife and son.

And to all the conspiracy theorists claiming that cancer isn't cured for some monetary reason. Just stop.

1 hour ago, kristus said:

And to all the conspiracy theorists claiming that cancer isn't cured for some monetary reason. Just stop.

However much this tends to be exaggerated, there is at least a component of reality: a lot of money that *could* be dedicated to cancer cure research is not, particularly by big pharmaceuticals, based entirely on what's profitable and not what would do the most good for humanity. Most of the money goes into prevention and treatment instead.

5 hours ago, kristus said:

Why? I think it should be obvious by now that a lot of people are selfish pricks who don't give a shit about the well-being of others, and just focus on getting what's beneficial to them (money in this case). Thinking otherwise is pretty naive.