Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

John Bain (TotalBiscuit, the Cynical Brit) Dead at 33

so, I've heard a tale that when he slipped into his final coma he was still talking about his fortnite review even in his sleep. Is there a source for this story? I'd honestly believe it, given how damn stubborn he was about continuing to work through all of this. Took his willingness to work to the grave, that's pretty admirable.

You'll be missed, man. R.I.P.

2 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

so, I've heard a tale that when he slipped into his final coma he was still talking about his fortnite review even in his sleep. Is there a source for this story? I'd honestly believe it, given how damn stubborn he was about continuing to work through all of this. Took his willingness to work to the grave, that's pretty admirable.

You'll be missed, man. R.I.P.

Yeah I read that too. The source is his wife Genna herself on Twitter when EpicGames commented about his death. It seemed odd to give a shout out to Fortnite about TotalBiscuit reviewing the game to her in his coma or dying days. If it happened, it happened.

Didn't he retire from critiquing and play Hearthstone for the past year or two on streams? I remember him saying in one of his podcasts that he just didn't have the energy anymore to review things. * edit * My bad. Looks like he was still doing WTF is up until 6 months ago, just not daily like they once were.

* edit * Looks like David Crook was released or fired from BioWare... surprise surprise. He could always claim he was hacked.

Edited by geo

TB will be sorely missed. He was one of the first guys to stand up against bullshit in the industry.

I know he was extremely anal about things like FOV and sometimes spent half an hour in the options menu but it wasn't just about those features, it was more about making a point. He could be kind of an asshole sometimes but he was a guy whose integrity you could not doubt. Whenever I was unsure about a game or a new thing a company did, I would always first ask myself "I wonder what TB thinks about this". I also daydreamed for years what he would think about the new Doom and awaited his RAGE and Wolfenstein reviews just as much as the games themselves. In the end, I'm glad I got to see him enjoy Doom 2016.

I've always wanted to meet the guy and exchange small talk at a convention or something...