Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Glitched skies in prboom

So, I've been struggling to get 2 skies to work well in prboom (-cl 11), but still hasn't figured out what's wrong. Any ideas?

They work both fine in zdoom and glboom >.<

wxwRBz2.png

(this one shouldn't cut in y-axis)

728NByV.png

(there's also another sky in that level, which is a lot larger)

Edited by Deadwing

If you using sky transfer, make sure that the all textures on lines with action 271 have zero-aligned.

I have some sky ceiling glitches and this method is helped. Maybe you have another case, but I post this just in case.

Looks to me like you might be using patches greater than 255 pixels tall? At least, I vaguely recall tutti-frutti appearing when I cross over to anything 256 pixels or taller. Gotta break it up into multiple patches of 128 pixels tall in that case.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure if that's the case for the latter image, which I think is just a stock Plutonia sky. Not entirely sure what went wrong there; I'd guess that it was >256 pixels wide (another barrier for patch size, though unlike height, 256 pixels is non-inclusive for causing the bug and is, in fact, the recommended maximum width), but I don't believe that texture is wider than 256 pixels? (I don't have Plutonia on-hand to check it, I'm at work.)

I've been doing some investigation (lol), and it seems the replaced sky texture (with the 271 action) must have the same size (width and height) as the original sky texture (without sky transfer). With that the glitch doesn't happen anymore...

Well, I'm creating duplicated textures to fix that problem lol

So probably something else is messing with it... The "original sky" texture I'm using has 1024x256 of size. I create a repeated version of the sky texture with 1024x256 and it worked well.