Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Doom Gets Awful

For any of you familiar with teh web site Something Awful you may want to check out this review which is part of Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse. Yes folks, they have branched into the realm of Doom map reviewing! Hooray! First on the list, "Hell on Earth" by everyone's favorite...uh...something...King Reol! If you want a nice little quote to sum up the review, well, I'll leave you with this:
In other words, YOUR MAP SUCKS BALLS, REOL!

Hahahahahahahahaha That was one Hella funny review, heh..can a Map really be That bad? If so, I fear turning in my Pwad...Then again, Im Legitimate, in a different way ;)

I don't like the way some items here are presented nowadays, and I don't like retarded 'news' items to keep popping up here. Stop this shit on our main page.

As for posting this Reol bash: it's totally inappropriate for Doomworld. We don't do stuff like that. STOP IT.

Mordeth said:

I don't like the way some 'news' reports here are presented. Stop this retarded shit on our main page.

Aw, but what fun would that be?

Mordeth said:

I don't like the way some items here are presented nowadays, and I don't like retarded 'news' items to keep popping up here. Stop this shit on our main page.

As for posting this Reol bash: it's totally inappropriate for Doomworld. We don't do stuff like that. STOP IT.

Aww, spoil sport :P

I personally don't think mewse and Cyb's styles do any harm... In any case, you could appoint different types of news to different people according to their style. Also, was the Something awful review supposed to be censured? Only unknowing people could think there was real Fiffy bashing here, since that's only his 1st map, back from '94. Actually I think Cranky Steve chose Fiffy because he's known, which makes this more obviously comical... he could have found crappier levels, with much worse texturing and architecture than this one, but they would have been nobody's... no point joking about someone nobody knows. In addition, it seems to me its better for the site to have news even if its not perfect, than to have boring inactivity.

I found another graphic flaw! THE ENTIRE LEVEL!

LOL. Good review.

Actually, it's a shame he didn't pick on one of the later ones in the series, with the text files contained in a .bat file, and comments like "Areas get darker as you move away
from lit areas. [...] (ID Software couldn't do this!)". REoL invented lighting, bet you never knew that :-P

I just finshied this shitty gay wad!

Well my words are:

LEVEL = SHIT

belongs in da trash

i think i can make a better level than this

Mordeth said:

So *you* deleted my hissy story?

At least Cyb and Mewse actually update the front page with some regularity, unlike some people we could mention, hmm?

Mordeth said:

Exactly, keep personal attacks out of news items.

Mordeth thundered:

The gods have spoken, and they are angry!
/me cowers in fear

I think the fact that Cranky Steve has started reviewing Doom maps is wholly appropriate as a news item. Cranky Steve's page has been one of my favourites for a long time, and I always felt it was a shame that Doom wasn't featured. But I agree that no personal abuse should have been quoted in the news item itself.

Re Hissy: I thought Ling merely removed it from the front page, but didn't delete it from the news forum entirely.

Some personal attack.. it's not serious. There have been a few people that Cranky Steve & crew have bashed, and have went on to commending them when they make new, and better maps.

At least it's better than 1 article per 3 days which used to be the case.

mewse said:
So *you* deleted my hissy story?

No. Ling moved it off the main page, as you could have read in the comments. "Too retarded", were his words.

Katarhyne said:

you guys are morons

Excuse me, I believe I Deserve all the moronic credits, for I am the reason the word Moron was invented in the first place, I and the definition of the word moron.

What an interesting thread. Slam-dunking from all sides with no relief in site.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

What an interesting thread. Slam-dunking from all sides with no relief in site.

With me around, there is no aspect of relief, only anguish.

Nothing like some shit flinging to give a little vitality to the community.

Real, growing and interesting communites should have flamewars and drama.

I think Lahaut is right, in a way. Wth is with these strange new story title, etc.? I usually look at the headlines before I even start reading anything else and now I have to actually read everything, most of which I didn't really wish to read. I'd like to see some informative form of coherence on the headlines that tells me whether a news post is of some interest to me or not.

I could also give less a shit about somethingawful.com, because I'm not into reading about bad wads; I'm into reading about GOOD wads and DOWNLOADING them. Crappy wads can stay bad/unpopular/unreviewed wads for all I care. And why the hell beat down on someone just to make your web site popular? I've seen this kind of popularity tactic before, in bullies and street gangs.

Virgil said:

I think Lahaut is right, in a way. Wth is with these strange new story title, etc.? I usually look at the headlines before I even start reading anything else and now I have to actually read everything, most of which I didn't really wish to read. I'd like to see some informative form of coherence on the headlines that tells me whether a news post is of some interest to me or not.

I could also give less a shit about somethingawful.com, because I'm not into reading about bad wads; I'm into reading about GOOD wads and DOWNLOADING them. Crappy wads can stay bad/unpopular/unreviewed wads for all I care. And why the hell beat down on someone just to make your web site popular? I've seen this kind of popularity tactic before, in bullies and street gangs.

First of all, If you dont like the news on the front page then why dont you make some your self hmmm? lets c U Make a news post that everyone likes. Second of all if you dont like the news then simple, DON'T READ IT, and quit yer bitching about how things should be better, I doubt you could do even half the job that is being done currently.

I HATE YOU ALL, ESPECIALLY YOU MORDETH, AND VIRGIL, AND DOOMBOY, I HATE YOU!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!