Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obake

Verse' Hopper Prelude

I'll be starting a community project next week. Before then, here is a prelude level. The textures and resources are unorganized in this upload, but are currently being organized for when the actual project starts. It requires GZdoom in UDMF format to play.

Credit to Aubrey Hodges for the PSX Doom track, and MagicWazard for the Former Ranger enemy. The new textures are from me, some of them drawn digitally with Pixlr, others simple edits of already existing Doom textures.

Please play and leave feedback. Full details of the project will be upcoming either today or Monday.

Edit: Other credits include various people from soundbible.

Screenshot_Doom_20180525_082904.png

mallt.zip

Cute map—textures work together fairly well and the toy cyberdemon is a good enemy with high damage, low health. Not sure how much I'm feeling the other enemies... they feel kinda "thrown in" there, rather than feeling like they belong (like... what does the green zombie dude even do? Or the other colored pinkies? And the dudes that shoot blades out of their midsection are too confusing IMO). Hope the community project is successful, but GZDoom & UDMF are two tall orders that you have to be prepared for, especially if this is going to be your first mapset.

Also, I think the apostrophe in "Verse' Hopper" is in the wrong place? If it's supposed to be "Universe Hopper" the apostrophe would go at the start... not entirely sure what it's a stand-in for as is.

Thanks for the feedback, Dobu. I've since updated the logo to have the apostrophe at the beginning, and am glad you liked the level. :)

This map has all the things I've come to know you for- the nice, low PSX music, whimsical monsters, and interesting textures! really enjoyed it!

Thank you, Walter. :D

The project thread will be going up today. Hopefully you can join in!