Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retro Dino

WADS based off of other games?

Hi everyone! I was wondering if someone could point me to some WADS based off of other games? Games like Mario, Halo, Sonic, just anything. I found a Final Fantasy wad but that's about it. I'm sure there are video game wads out there and that i'm just not looking hard enough. A Halo wad would be amazing! Anyways, THANKS! :) 

7 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I recommend Castlevania: Simon's Destiny. 

Oh lort i forgot about those! I remember James Rolfe was doing a live stream of them some time ago, thanks! 

the Golden Souls 1 and 2 are like mario and stuff I think

i know i'm bein a shill, but i also made a deathmatch map for the improptu-dm speedmapping session that was literally just the part of the second map of "death toll" from left 4 dead, but with the textures and resources included with the session

people strongly disliked it though so another map was included in the final release in place of mine

screenshot:

Spoiler

xP1749J.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btd03jtif8jy6ic/bon_dm_deathtoll.wad?dl=1

maybe i'll make it a full fledged singleplayer level some day

There's Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch and Sonic Robo Blast 2. They're not exactly just WADS you plug in to Doom 2, both are their own executable files but they both use Zandro and are compatible with WAD and PK3 files so it's good enough for me anyway.

Shadow & Rise of the Wool Ball, because they both based on Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, DOOM, Prince of Persia, and the Regular Show.

Check out like. 90% of my wads. Most of them are unfinished tho.

Edited by MrD!zone

Right now i can think of “Super MAYhem 17”, but i’m pretty sure plenty of games were remade in doom. Also hi!

Edited by Catpho

• Paranoiac
  • DOOM Raider
  • Wolfenstein 3D TC (eh?)
  • Shadow Warrior TC
  • ZBlood
  • Duke It Out
  • HaloDoom
  • GTA Doom
  • Silent Hill: Orphan TC
  • Ghosted 2

EDIT : also..

• Action Doom
  • Contra Doom
Edited by dmg_64

Hi,

I released a Quake deathmatch level remake called The Bad Place about a month ago if that counts?

It's just a single level though I plan to make another.

I have the feeling you're looking for single player variations though, and likely more than just a single level also?

There are several old ones out there. There's also some full blown Source mods, eg Sonic Robo Blast.

Then there's some seriously awesome TC's like Total Chaos or Doom Slayer Chronicles both of which are in development. 

21 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Hi,

I released a Quake deathmatch level remake called The Bad Place about a month ago if that counts?

It's just a single level though I plan to make another.

I have the feeling you're looking for single player variations though, and likely more than just a single level also?

There are several old ones out there. There's also some full blown Source mods, eg Sonic Robo Blast.

Then there's some seriously awesome TC's like Total Chaos or Doom Slayer Chronicles both of which are in development. 

Yeah singleplayer wads only. I'm not even sure how to play multiplayer tbh?? Is there like a big server or does it have to be lan or what, idk. I don't have friends to play it with anyways lol! Thank you guys! I'm gonna check some of these out now!

12 minutes ago, Retro Dino said:

._. stop posting doom 2 wads!

Heh, you should have specified that at the beginning :P

Though, Other classic doom games are not as popular as Doom 2 in terms of being a modding platform.

3 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Heh, you should have specified that at the beginning :P

Though, Other classic doom games are not as popular as Doom 2 in terms of being a modding platform.

yeah yeah yeah i know lol. I gotta get doom 2 first! I keep meaning to but i forget ._.! So yeah my bad no doom 2 wads please and thank you.
ALSO
That Doom Raider wad was trash.

There's not much else I can think of (other than the ones mentioned by others of course) that is based on other games besides the ones I listed, most of which are unfortunately Doom mods, except Paranoiac, Wolf3D TC and ZBlood which are standalone games / not Doom 2 wads.

1 hour ago, Retro Dino said:

I'm not even sure how to play multiplayer tbh?? Is there like a big server or does it have to be lan or what, idk. I don't have friends to play it with anyways lol!

You can use a Multiplayer Sourceport, Zandronum and ZDaemon are the most active Multiplayer-wise and have players regulary on servers, Half of the servers run Doom 2 mods but there's also some servers that run MM8BDM, SRB2 also surprisingly still has an active Multiplayer.

Edited by dmg_64

18 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

There's not much else I can think of (other than the ones mentioned by others of course) that is based on other games besides the ones I listed, most of which are unfortunately Doom mods, except Paranoiac, Wolf3D TC and ZBlood which are standalone games / not Doom 2 wads.

You can use a Multiplayer Sourceport, Zandronum and ZDaemon are the most active Multiplayer-wise and have players regulary on servers, Half of the servers run Doom 2 mods but there's also some servers that run MM8BDM, SRB2 also surprisingly still has an active Multiplayer.

I'm looking for Contra Doom, but I can't seem to find it. I found the stand alone HaloDoom game and i was pretty impressed, i can tell someone took A LOT of time to make it, it just wasn't for me though. The one i've enjoyed the most so far was Sonic Blast. My god that needs to be a stand alone sonic game lol!

Also thanks! I'm looking into multiplayer right now. I really need to get Doom 2. . .

Okay good news, I got Doom 2 up and running now and i organized all of my wads and stuff. Things are running smoothly and I will now accept all wads! Also thank you for all the fast responses, i'm pretty new to this community still. (I was deep in the Super Mario World community before, but i started getting back into doom!)

Someone made a recreation of the lost woods section in Ocarina of Time for the first Vinesauce mapping contest, it's at 2:24:12

3 minutes ago, Grimosaur said:

Someone made a recreation of the lost woods section in Ocarina of Time for the first Vinesauce mapping contest, it's at 2:24:12

Could you guys link the games? I have a hard time finding the right wads. Like I still can't find the Contra wad. . .Also TLOZ wad looks fun af!

8 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

Could you guys link the games? I have a hard time finding the right wads. Like I still can't find the Contra wad. . .Also TLOZ wad looks fun af!

https://vargskelethor.me/winners/wads/

From what I've seen this is the only way to download TLOZ wad... it will probably take ages to even find it though ._.

It's called Zlostwoods by murugo

3 hours ago, Grimosaur said:

https://vargskelethor.me/winners/wads/

From what I've seen this is the only way to download TLOZ wad... it will probably take ages to even find it though ._.

It's called Zlostwoods by murugo

Scroll all the way down and it's at the top of the page! I'm about to check it out now, thanks for the links everyone! :)