Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tompig

The best control method for delta touch?

Hi guys, 

I am a massive fan of delta touch, aside from carrying a laptop everywhere it feels like the definitive way to play doom on the go. 

The only thing I struggle with slightly is the touch controls. 

For the most part they are fantastic but they lack a certain feature that Gameception on ios had which was to be able to turn and fire simultaneously. (via moving your movement stick over the fire button, wasted ammo but worked) 

What is the best control method and or peripheral to get the best experience (taking into account portability) 

Many thanks. 

Default touch layout allows fire and turn at the same time. If you move the fire button just make sure the 'turn' area is under the fire button, you can resize it. 

Awesome, cheers. 

Are there any android devices that you would recommend for a closer to pc experience? (controllers for example?) 

There aren't many Android devices that I know of that come with controllers, at least not new ones that would have good specs to run doom well, particularly on bigger maps, though delta touch does have more than 1 source port I think so if you have performance issues you can just use a less demanding port if the wad supports it.

There's that one tablet with the detachable joycons that tried to sue Nintendo over the switches design. There's the GPD XD which was designed as more of a retro emulation device but I think it runs Android so you can install dt on it. The only other ones i can think of are old Sony Xperia phones and those don't have too great of specs by today's standards I dont think unless there was some new model that came out recently

Any micro USB controllers or Bluetooth keyboards/mice that could make life easier? My phone has some pretty good specs, so I'm looking for something that would improve the input. 

21 hours ago, Tompig said:

Is that live yet? 

No not yet, should be after next release

There are a few decent options out there, was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tompig said:

There are a few decent options out there, was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them.

I've used USB gamepads with USB OTG cables before, and it was just like plugging into my PC, but this was also on emulators. I haven't tried Delta Touch yet. I could try and let you know later.