Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

How to properly apply z-height on a camera in Zdoom format (not hexen format)

Question

i'm working on a map mod that i cant use hexen mode but i want to set some cameras on the map, abusing of acs stuffs i finally managed to make an actual camera to work in zdoom mode but by some reason i cant set any z-height on it, so can you guys help me?

i'm working on a heretic wad so i'll post it in the way of it are.
like you can see on the screenshot this is a wad of i'm testing camera stuff in doom mapping mode, i use this script set avaliable on the camtest.7z alongside with the wad itself.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
    str DocksC = "SecurityCamera";
    Spawn(DocksC, 0, 0, 190 , 1001, 64); //third row is supposed to be the fixed z-height
    SetCameraToTexture( 1001, "CAMTEST", 90 );
}

like you can see 190 was supposed to spawn the camera more high than the actual height of the said sector, but it's not ever working, camera aways spawn on floor, help!

Screenshot_Heretic_20180528_002711.png

camtest.7z

note: I'm accepting decorate changes too if necessary.

4 answers to this question

ACS doesn't automatically translate integers into fixed point numbers; you'll need to tag the .0 at the end of any non-zero number used as a fixed, elsewise it'll be interpreted as a really small decimal.

That aside, if you're not allowed to use Hexen or UDMF format because of your target port or due to the community project's guidelines, then I doubt forcing ACS into Heretic format via LOADACS will be supported either, so ...

I agree with what Arctangent said (especially the part about it almost certainly not being allowed in your project), but on top of all that, I think you can't spawn something above the ceiling. That might work if you use SpawnForced instead.

it's not becuase it's not allowed, converting the map from heretic(doom) to heretic(hexen) where the map is actually abnormaly big its not an easy task at all...

mapstatic.png
And the mod i'm using actually use acs via loadacs on them so think that's no poblem using it to set the camera points, anyway i'll test you tip Arctangent.

Thanks Arctangent, you tip make it work perfectly, now it's exactly on the z-height of i wanted to be, whit this i can consider this answered.

note:
script 1 OPEN
{
    str DocksC = "SecurityCamera";
    Spawn(DocksC, 0, 0, 40.0 , 1001, 64);
    SetCameraToTexture( 1001, "CAMTEST", 90 );
}

Screenshot_Heretic_20180528_223141.png