Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teder

Agony game - hell vision.

@Tetzlaff gamepaly is nothing special, but the game has nice hell visions, only for that I've played it.

Edited by Teder

If the gameplay isn't exactly bad, I would also play it for the atmosphere and the game's vision of hell. Meanwhile I read some other reviews that didn't sound all that bad.

Specially in the first level atmosphere is really dark and heavy, when you crawl around demons in the dark corners of hell. I don't know if you play Inner Chains, that is also nice looking game but full of issues, and not interesting gameplay.

Now I wait for Scorn.

maxresdefault.jpg.3cac2579747461d6923194c661a8bae0.jpg

On 6/10/2018 at 8:40 AM, Tetzlaff said:

I head high hopes for this game, but the reviews so far are pretty disappointing. Seems unfinished and buggy.

Too bad. I have to say its visuals are scary and impressive.  Well, they can serve as inspiration for doom maps anytime ;)

Well, at least the devs will be able to put that they helped create a finished and released game when looking for new jobs.

Even if its for a notorious/infamous game, still better to have completed games on your resume

Well, that was quick, but doing a quick review of the steam reviews, I can't really say I'm that surprised. It didn't seem like this went over well at all.

Surprise surprise. Agony Unrated is not dead after all. It'll be released on October 31st and it's free for everyone who owns the original release. In fact, I already have it in my Steam library. Here's the official list of changes:

* Improved quality of character models and textures,
* New types of threats - Traps,
* New types of environmental threats,
* New types of static opponents,
* A new, more extensive and useful character development system,
* Volumetric lighting,
* Normal Mode and Hard Mode with more opponents and puzzles,
* Completely new type of environment - the Forest, added to the procedurally generated Agony Mode, which now also includes additional traps and boss fights,
* 8 different endings in the Story Mode,
* Possibility to follow the story mode as a Sukkub,
* Sukkub Mode and Agony Mode are unlocked at the first start of the game,
* Many new, uncensored scenes,
* Black and red image filter, inspired by the Agony trailers,
* World map and minimap,
* The possibility of setting up a fire and killing some opponents as a martyr,
* Sacrificial altars,
* New and modified paths for the player,
* Numerous technical improvements to the basic version of the game and much more.

Maybe I'll finally get around to playing it.

This should have been a short, carefully constructed adventure. The game is really interesting for the first two or three hours and they should have just focused on that. The game just gets really boring after a while. It's like a scary theme park ride that expects you to get scared for an hour. 

@DooM_RO exactly - first maps are interesting, after that forest everything looks like made for fast, gameplay is frustrating and boring. This section when you are this big demon bugged and boring as hell. Well maybe this is a true hell - bugged and boring :D I don't care about this new version.

Just buyed Agony and installed the Agony Unrated version. So far I really like it. Great atmosphere and visuals.