Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Who's hyped for Fallout 76?

So... we just got our first teaser. What is everyone thinking? Are you happy that we are getting another game? Worried it might ruin it with multiplayer? Upset that we don't have ES VI yet? What are you guys thinking?

24 minutes ago, StevenC21 said:

What are you guys thinking?

Being hyped for anything and then buying into any sort of preorder shit is dumb as hell is what I'm thinking. (It usually doesn't go well in the long run)

56 minutes ago, SOSU said:

76?Where da fucc is 5-75?!!! >:O

They fell into the same void as the dialogue options.

Also here's a reported leak from Kotaku. It's Kotaku so take it with a mountain of salt: https://kotaku.com/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg-1826425333

Spoiler

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 with a teaser trailer this morning, promising more information at E3, it was easy to assume that the new game would be a traditional single-player role-playing game. But Fallout 76 is, in fact, an online survival RPG that’s heavily inspired by games like DayZ and Rust, according to three people familiar with the project.

Those people, speaking anonymously so as not to damage their careers, confirmed that Fallout 76 is an experimental new entry in the longrunning post-apocalyptic series. When Bethesda first teased the game on Tuesday morning, fans and pundits speculated that it might be a Fallout 3 remaster or a New Vegas-style spinoff in a new location, but as Kotaku reported that afternoon, it is in fact something completely new and completely different. The teaser might lead Fallout fans to believe that this is a traditional entry in the series, but according to our sources, that’s not the case.

Originally prototyped as a multiplayer version of Fallout 4 with the goal of envisioning what an online Fallout game might look like, Fallout 76 has evolved quite a bit over the past few years, those sources said. It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

Judging by the name alone, it's gonna be themed appropriately. Maybe it's Cold War AU style?

Bethesda ruined Fallout.  Stick to Underrail for your post-apocalyptic RPG funtimes.

Here's the trailer for those who have no idea what this topic is about:

... and yeah, I guess I'm hyped!

I don't know. I've never heard of it before now and I'm not sure I care much for it. ESO never got me psyched, and I think that's probably all this will be: ESO in Fallout-verse.

Frankly, I'd rather hear about ES VI than Fallout unless Obsidian is doing it because NV was the best of the modern Fallout games.

However, it seems likely Bethesda won't do ES VI in favor of Skyrim, which I'm really sick of hearing about at this point.

In short: I'm sour about it.

it's pretty impossible for me to be hyped about anything, when there's only this much about a game revealed. Even for a series I really like. At this point I have no idea how the game plays, what kind of story it has, and the like. It's not a good time. From this teaser trailer all I know is that it's still retro-futuristic 50's era tech. heh.

I never got into Fall Out 3... I love Fall Out 4, but I don't actually own it yet. 2 free weekends. Fall Out 76 may just be the Elder Scrolls Online of Fall Out.

If the game is indeed multiplayer, then I wouldn't be interested in it, at all. In fact, I would be very very veeeeery disappointed.

Fallout and multiplayer are two words in opposite sides of the spectrum.

Here is why I wouldn't like a multiplayer Fallout:

1) Remember what the first games were like? Remember how Bethesda changed the formula from really deep top-down RPG, to RPG-shooter hybrid? Let's just say I accept 3 and Vegas as true Fallouts, which I do, because they were great games. That would still be a bit hard for me, since they had a formula change, so doubts can still exist. However, a 2nd formula change is not a great idea in my opinion and the product would hugely deviate from being a true Fallout.

2) Let's say they make a survival game, like Rust (just so you know, I sometimes watch a bit of Rust on YouTube and while I haven't played it, it looks pretty interesting - generally, I don't mind it as a game).

The Fallout universe is all about surviving in the wasteland and this is the problem. You have radiation every so often, mutants, super mutants, deathclaws, bandits, armed robots, e.t.c.

Adding the PvP element there too, is a recipe for disaster. The gameplay would become really annoying really fast.

Except if they toned down the dangers of the wasteland, in which case, would that be Fallout anymore?

Anyways, this is just guessing about the game's nature. Honestly, I wish they would turn to the roots of the series for once, but I guess Bethesda only makes first person games, so no luck here. 

@ShoDemo I think Fallout is a excellent universe for a multiplayer Survival game. I prefer it to be single player but I can see it work.

Also PvP can work as well. Its annoyances would be no different to any other Survival PvP game. Scavanging bits and bobs to make a pipe rifle, collect old tyres and scrap metal to make armour. Radiation levels at specific spots can act as borders until you have the equipment or perks to overcome it.

Eh, I don't really know. I mean, I am still not that convinced it would be faithful to the rest of the series (yes, the crafting would work and they even made that town building minigame in Fallout 4, which was already good enough). We will have to wait and see, I guess.

Like I already said in the Doom teased thread, I stopped caring when it was reported that it's a MP entry in the series.

There's a lot of different opinion on how much MP element there will be to the game. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a predominantly SP game with a MP element. Honestly, if it was a genuinely good SP RPG with hundreds of hours of meaningful gameplay, I wouldn't care if it had a GTA V / GTA Online split ratio. I wouldn't really care what it looked like, either.

But it almost certainly won't be an RPG - we know that's not the direction Beth has been going in.

And even though I play both I personally would much rather see the sixth installment in TOS, which is a richer, more interesting, better looking universe and not a single packet of Sugar Bombs in sight...

Could be good, could be shit. who knows? If its some battle royal ripoff, gross. if like pritch said, perhaps it will be good. mabie it will be like arc or minecraft but in fallout, to early to tell.