Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valgilton

Making a Gate-Style Door?

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to get the gate-style door effect. An example of this kind of door is is the "caged" shotgun dude area in MAP02 of Doom 2.1209012747_operaRecording72(1141x890).png.13a4eb11d1df2af9864c4607907e3da1.png

I apologize for the low quality image, but I hope you guys can tell which kind of door I'm talking about.

Can anyone give me pointers on how to make all of the bars come up at once? As whenever I try to implement it, only one bat goes up at a time.

3 answers to this question

I think I understand what you're asking, though please correct me if I misinterpreted the question.

You could join the sectors so they function as if they were a single mass (select the sectors and use join sectors, hotkey J in GZDoom Builder and DB).

You can also apply the same tag to each individual sector so with a door special, they all open at the same time.

Just now, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I think I understand what you're asking, though please correct me if I misinterpreted the question.

You could join the sectors so they function as if they were a single mass (select the sectors and use join sectors, hotkey J in GZDoom Builder and DB).

You can also apply the same tag to each individual sector so with a door special, they all open at the same time.

Thanks! That did just the trick.

In addition, don't put the trigger on the bars themselves, as that will make it awkward and frustrating to activate them.

Put a long line in front of the bars that has a switch trigger instead, like this:

4dZLhjj.png