Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skunkbear

Demonic Citadel Wad

Hi everyone,

I recently made a wad containing 9 levels for Doom II called Demonic Citadel which can be found here: https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/demonic-citadel-v3 or in the attached zip file.

Here are some screenshots (from an older version): https://imgur.com/a/eKp9tXE

The levels start off fairly simple and straightforward but become progressively more complex and ambitious. The levels differ depending on difficulty level. I would recommend enabling mouse look and disabling auto-aim in the options, but it's up to you. However, jumping and crouching should not be allowed.  This wad should be played with the Gzdoom port (using the original Doom II iwad).  I made it using GZDoomBuilder and tested it with Gzdoom (also with the 'Smooth Doom' mod). 

Each level/map has its own general theme.  The gameplay is mostly vanilla although there are a few custom monsters from realm667 scattered about.  The whole wad takes approximately 1.5 - 2 hours to complete (depending on difficulty level and your playstyle). Experienced players may find it fairly easy compared to some other wads, although the 'Hard' or 'Insane' difficulty settings should still provide some challenge. 

This is my second proper attempt at making a wad so any feedback/critique would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if something doesn't work properly, or if I have forgotten to include something essential in the file/description.  Good luck!  

DemonCit.zip

Edited by Skunkbear : Updated link to the updated version of the wad.

I was playing, having a pretty damn fun time up until level 3, Forsaken Facility. I killed everything in the outdoor arena but have no way to get out! I've checked everything! Didn't receive a key or anything either.

Edited by Bushpig2dope

6 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I was playing, having a pretty damn fun time up until level 3, Forsaken Facility. I killed everything in the outdoor arena but have no way to get out! I've checked everything! Didn't receive a key or anything either.

That's strange, did you not manage to get the yellow key from that area?  Killing both cacodemons that emerge should lower the platform with the yellow key on it.  Once you get the yellow key, two arachnotrons will be released, which when killed will open the door to get out.  There is a small chance that the platform will not lower/door will not raise all the way if you happen to kill both cacodemons or arachnotrons with the exact same shot.  However, there is actually a sort of failsafe so that you can still get out.

If the platform with the key has not lowered all the way, you can pick up an ammo clip from either of the bunkers in which the cacodemons emerged from to trigger the platform to lower the rest of the way.  If the door has not raised enough and you still can't get through it, you can quickly step into one of the areas the arachnotrons emerged from and the door will open the rest of the way.  

Hope this helps.  Thanks for playing!

Just an FYI in case anyone still happens to see this thread, I have updated my wad.

Changes include numerous small tweaks/minor visual improvements/a bit more ammo added to most levels.  But most importantly, I have fixed an issue on level 3 where there was a small chance the player could get stuck in the outside area.

The updated version (V2.1) can still be found via the original link.

3 hours ago, Skunkbear said:

Just an FYI in case anyone still happens to see this thread, I have updated my wad.

Changes include numerous small tweaks/minor visual improvements/a bit more ammo added to most levels.  But most importantly, I have fixed an issue on level 3 where there was a small chance the player could get stuck in the outside area.

The updated version (V2.1) can still be found via the original link.

Sorry I never got back to you, I'll replay this new version and give my final thoughts in the coming days / next week

Hi Skunk, 

I'm looking forward to playing the new version. It's on my to play list :)