Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

What is your favourite fighting game stage?

I challenge you to find a fighting game stage more badass than this one.

Edited by Ajora

>Smash Brothers

>fighting game

top lel

My favorite? The Living Forest. 

image.png.f36d249fc60724b81d0d01aaaf623637.png

Also seconded for MK. Soul chamber is impressive. Especially when I played it back in 90's. Also in MK3 is possible throw opponent to upper floor of that location.
The_soul_chamber_02.png

Some MK2/MK3 stages gives me inspiration for my wads.

I like Street Fighter more than Mortal Kombat, but I always found that Mortal Kombat had the better stages. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

>Smash Brothers

>fighting game

top lel

My favorite? The Living Forest. 

image.png.f36d249fc60724b81d0d01aaaf623637.png

Same, that's my favorite level as well, the version from the original trilogy. The re-imagined/redone/modernized version from MK9 is awesome too and it also has a stage fatality in that game, but it's missing all the creepiness the original had, and the trees themselves also look much friendlier instead of threatening. There's no more darkness to be found.

Another stage I absolutely love is this one from MK9:

mortal_kombat_wallpaper___pit_by_theinfa

Edited by Agent6

Smash Brothers isn't a fighting game? What the hell is it then, a puzzle game? Gtfo here scrub rofl

Agent6, to me that's the defining MK stage. I always loved the moon in the background and deep blue color, seeing it revised in the newer games was great. Like Ajora, I always found SF more fun than MK, but always preferred the MK stages.

Edit: Added a pic just to appreciate how faithful they were when making the new version of that classic stage

Hornbuckle _ Mortal Kombat Wiki _ Fandom powered by Wikia.png

Edited by Doomkid

14 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I always loved the moon in the background and deep blue color, seeing it revised in the newer games was great. Like Ajora, I always found SF more fun than MK, but always preferred the MK stages.

I like SF but the theme and style of MK always attracted me more, I find it much more appealing personally.

And I also agree, the reasons you mentioned are the same ones I find that stage to easily be the best in the series, if it wasn't for the Living Forest. But honestly the entire series has amazing and very memorable stages:

Spoiler

mortal-kombat-2-32x-03.png

hqdefault.jpg

QIVkVFt.png

hqdefault.jpg

mk1___warrior_shrine__1__by_rodrigo6620-

KombatTombMKII.png

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_ds8slgkulq0w

Edited by Agent6

As soon as I saw the title I knew Mortal Kombat would be mentioned. Its visual style isn't that dissimilar to Doom's.

This one is from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Moonlit Wilderness...which the original stage was featured in Tekken 5. I really like this stage.

damn...this could work as a doom map...

Ttt2-ml.jpg.b4a942ff9eb112d392d90c4e9703b9f9.jpg

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

This one is from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Moonlit Wilderness...

i love that game

mine would be from Tekken Tag 2 as well..."Fireworks over Barcelona"

2047585039_FW-O-B.(1).jpg.eb5f3680406d0f3f626e1a1a811ac4b9.jpg

the music is really good too

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

This one is from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Moonlit Wilderness...which the original stage was featured in Tekken 5. I really like this stage.

damn...this could work as a doom map...

Ttt2-ml.jpg.b4a942ff9eb112d392d90c4e9703b9f9.jpg

Wow wow wow, that's beatiful and it could actually serve as inspiration for a Doom level indeed ❤.

Two of my favourite brawler stages ever: Battletoads in battlemaniacs Stage 3 and stage 5. I love them both for being divine fun, and basically being so off kilter that they make for a wonderful change of pace, quite literally:

Stage 03:

Stage 05, comes with a pretty decent fanmade version of the original MIDI even. Also good fun, albeit easier than the "Turbo Tunnel, imo:

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

latest?cb=20100720045202

This one looks similar to the burning temple stage in Tekken 5. I wonder if it was an inspiration from that one...

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Nearly anything from The Last Blade series.  Especially these:

2RwYbf6.gif

latest?cb=20100720045202

Oooo how could I have slept on SNK fighters?

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Two of my favourite brawler stages ever: Battletoads in battlemaniacs Stage 3 and stage 5. I love them both for being divine fun, and basically being so off kilter that they make for a wonderful change of pace, quite literally:

Do beat em ups count? Last time i checked they were separate.

Darn, you people make me want to do a couple rounds of MK2 again.

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

Do beat em ups count? Last time i checked they were separate.

Darn, you people make me want to do a couple rounds of MK2 again.

Get ready for Shao Kahn to go bull bullshit on ya :v . The Arcade games and their AI.

4 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Nearly anything from The Last Blade series.  Especially these:

2RwYbf6.gif

<3 <3 <3 .

Ryu's stage from Street Fighter 2, because it was very first time I ever seen Street Fighter 2 in my life and I was impressed.

Second one is MK2 stage:

Among many others, I like this stage from SF Alpha 2. The atmosphere is impeccable, even if the animation sometimes hurts the game's framerate:

yRqOvaz.gif

Also, Cammy's stage from Alpha 3, which looks like a great vacation spot in the Greek islands (but also very small in this post, so try here for the full-sized image):

latest?cb=20141119012841

I don't know my favorite... but I'll tell you my least favorite:

latest?cb=20110609153332

The photo doesn't do the actual stage justice as to how bland it is. A square environment without much going on. Its based on the Sears Tower in Chicago, because when you want to be inspired by Asian mythology, you look to the American skyline.