Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

Making Swinging Door via PolyObject Explicite Line

Question

Hi there.

I'm making a Duke Nukem 3D's map conversion into the Doom GZDoom (UDMF format) and there are some places there are swinging doors are placed in small doorways. That means that if I'll create a simple Polyobject and will move it ingame - it will grow to the next ceiling because the original sector itself is dummy.

I've found a wad here, it shows a limited sized door. But scripts for me is kinda tough. I mean, I can't reuse them in my map, they just doesn't work for me. BTW, I want only the single swinging door instead of double door (with mirrored polyobject).

Could anyone please give me a simplyfied script for re-using in my own map? Thank you in advance

Edited by DeXiaZ

2 answers to this question

This is just off the top of my head, but this is what I do.

script "PolyObj Door" (void)
{
 PolyObj_RotateLeft (tid, 16, 64);
 Delay (35*3);
 PolyObj_RotateRight (tid, 16, 64);
}

Apply this script to a special to two lines where your object will be and you will have a poly object that will open, wait 105 tics, then close. If you want it to open in the opposite direction, just invert the RotateLeft and RotateRight lines.

Of course, if you want it to stay open, remove the delay and RotateRight lines.

A good idea to remember how a door swings: I use the startspot and anchor as "hinge." If the hinge is on the left, it should be on the far side of the door from where the player will look at it, so the object should rotate left. If it's on the right, it should be on the near side of the door, so the object should rotate right.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Apply this script to a special to two lines where your object will be

Uh, that's the point! I mean, that's I forgot to do. Thank you very much