Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zahid

Sparta and Sparta II - Project Vesuvius demos [-complevel 2 9]

Post your demos for Sparta II - Project Vesuvius here.

This is a 19 level mapset for Boom (-complevel 9) by cannonball, which didn't receive much attention when it was released in October 2016, but features his trademark excellence in crafting both visually appealing and addictive gameplay. It starts off Plutoniaesque with Scythe influences and throws in some slaughter maps for good measure.

The suggested naming format is sp2XY-ZZZ.lmp, where XY is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM (n), fast (f), tyson (t), pacifist (p), nomo (o) or chainsaw-only ballerina stroller (cbs).

Idgames download link

Thanks to rdwpa for the posting format which I shamelessly stole :3

--

MAP01 - UV-Max in 0:48

sp201-048.zip

Edited by Bloodite Krypto

Cool. Amusingly, some months ago, after playing a few of the later maps (especially map15) I thought, 'Krypto would like this wad', so this thread is a pleasant surprise.

Map10 UV Max in 4:43

sp210-443.zip

Don't really know how to optimize the last part where I need to kill all the stragglers... Overall, it's a pretty fun map that you need to maneuver through monsters and release everything before trying to kill them. Another reason is that I really like this music (because of MrZzul...), so I decided to give it a try.

Map01 UV Max in 0:46

sp201-046.zip

The usage of resource is a little bit different from Krypto's demo. 1 second improvement comparing the first pass. I think at least one more second could be squeezed here. I'll try a little bit more.

Edited by GarrettChan

Neat, it is really nice to see some demos for my stuff. To be honest one of the main reasons for making maps was to see how people would tackle them at high speed. I must admit this map set is pretty inconsistent in quality as maps range from being very old and rather poor in terms of layout and gameplay to brand new maps which probably feel and play very differently to my older creations.

^Some of my opinions so far:

Both Map01 and Map10 don't give me the feeling that I don't want to run this map anymore, so they're pretty well made, according to the reaction of my body ;P

Map01 is fun opening map with low amount of monsters. Going fast is definitely very risky due to the amount of hitscanners. It's one of those maps I would like to take the risk and grind for a good run. Although I gave up trying to squeeze another second or two at the end, I think that 0:46 run was pretty lucky for me. Probably going beyond is not my skill level.

I would say if there's some more health/armor on Map10, that would be better. Probably I would say both those Armors should be replaced as MegaArmors (at least the one around the Red Keycard), or an extra Soulsphere would be nice. Overall, it's a fun small size slaughter-ish map. Actually I have a question here: do you make that secret hole with the Rad Suit for the way I used it as a temporary shelter in the mess? (Don't know how to construct the question properly...)

@cannonball I've yet to play a bad cannonball map :D so despite your mixed feelings towards the quality of your older work not matching the standard of newer creations, it's all good :)

@GarrettChan Cool demos! Nice improvement in ammo use for 01, hope to see more.

Hi there!

map 10 max in 3:15 sp210-315.zip

fantastic map , loved it . I wanted to get a sub 3 so I played for 1 hour but it seemed that there is little ammo to compensate for the large monster count so it there ends up missing monsters alive in certain areas which ends up wasting a lot of time . I will keep trying for a sub 3 later on. 

totally random FDAs

map1-8

a few are actually funny i guess.

i gave up in 1 map which looked horribly unfair eheh

also, some key combination of arrows sometimes completely fucks up my mouse sensitivity. in last levels it changed to an insane level and i could barely move sometimes. how to revert this lol

spfda.zip

totally random FDAs

map1-8

a few are actually funny i guess.

i gave up in 1 map which looked horribly unfair eheh

also, some key combination of arrows sometimes completely fucks up my mouse sensitivity. in last levels it changed to an insane level and i could barely move sometimes. how to revert this lol

map7 in 1:44

sp07-144.zip

<3 blob demos <3 

They make me feel very nostalgic somehow -- even though I wasn't around in that early-mid '10s period when you were most active. 

Edited by rdwpa

On 6/3/2018 at 12:46 PM, Bloodite Krypto said:

Post your demos for Sparta II - Project Vesuvius here.

This is a 19 level mapset for Boom (-complevel 9) by cannonball, which didn't receive much attention when it was released in October 2016

How the hell did I miss that,? Thx!

NoMo 100 run of Map11 in 1:10

sp211o110.zip

Not sure if in a proper UV-Max (or speedrun including enemies) if this is the quickest route, but it's a route nonetheless.

14 in 4:02

what a map sp14-402.zip!

ps: watching again the demo, the only unexpected shit happened, is the green marine going nuts after the shotgun guy. i lost a rough 10 seconds there. rest is quite okay, try the map if you have patience xd

Edited by blob1024

11 in 4:20

cant play anymore for a while, due to my pc having reset the settings. i hate when it happens 

before i get used to different settings/sensitivity ill be bored again

cya !

sp11-420.zip