Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

Hello all!

I am proud to announce you the sequel of Deadly Standards Community Project...

e2boiiiiiiiiiiii.png.49ce62706b546495289c124798a8125a.png

episode.png.e082402a7a002a5a6d600c55dc8b3966.png

(Eh, i didn't have any other title in mind, sorry for the pun)

This is a ultimate doom 9 levels episode  with maps made by you, the doomworld community!

Always if you want to join this... anyway, how can you participate in this thing? it's easy!

Just claim a map slot and you're in the game!

But first, there are some rules:

- Only up to 2 maps from one person.

- Everyone is eligible, preferably newer mappers but literally anyone will do.

- It has to be limit-removing format, no fancy ZDoom stuff or Boom actions please.

- You can provide a MIDI with your map if you do not want to use the default E2 or a Primeval track.

- I would prefer a more classic and easier style to your maps, it doesn't necessarily have to be extremely polished/detailed to make the cut and I'd prefer not to have a slaughter map.

- No custom textures please.

- E2M5 must have a secret exit.

- E2M9 should be a mini-boss map in terms of gameplay / fell, theme is indifferent, just any type of map you have in mind. For a miniboss map, imagine a level like original E2M9 and E3M9 from Doom or MAP07, MAP20 and MAP32 from Doom 2 for miniboss map examples.

- Just for don't turn this mapset into a hitscanners fest, you can always try out (if you wish) new gameplay ways over the original gameplay style like tyson map, maps with telefragging monsters, maps with puzzles and platforming... anything you want!

- Not troll maps or obviously low effort garbage, whilst I'm not looking for a magnum opus I'd rather not make WOOO 4.

When you release your map, give a little list that will go the final maplist at the release, like this:

Title:
Description:
Build time:
New music (if any):
Tested with:

Every now and then, i will ask you about your map progress via PM... If you want to leave if you lost , just write it here or send me a PM

The maplist:

E2M1: Outpost Lima Charlie by Liberation and Crunchynut44
E2M2: Vulpine by Capellan
E2M3: Ore Refinery by The_Slovinator
E2M4: Underground Prison by Walter Confetti
E2M5: The Star Child by NeedHealth and Walter
E2M6: Dynamo Hum by Steve D
E2M7: Lost by Roofi
E2M8: Shipwrecked by Roofi
E2M9: Soul Converting Centre by riderr3

IDGAMES RELEASE: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/s-u/standrd2

Interested mappers/contributors:
PRIMEVAL (music)
Spectre01
Liberation
CapertolA
The_Slovinator
Walter Confetti

Crunchynut44

Saint_guy

Catpho

danielhday

riderr3

Steve D

Roofi

Screenshots:

Spoiler

pzyWZYA.png

cPnfkUa.png

4OPZJM8.png

MAVbe72.png

3L1nLgg.png

0gYqpue.png

Edited by Walter confetti : Idgames final release!

CRATES & VINES!

I'm in.  If we have to pick a specific slot, then E2M2, but I favour only locking down E2M5, E2M8 and E2M9, and letting everything else get slotted into the order that best reflects the difficulty curve.

I'm down for writing music. You got me just in time as my old music rig died, my new one is just getting to its feet. So, if anyone needs a track, PM and we'll work it out!

I'll do map05 if it is okay but any slot would do. I have never made a map with a secret exit before so this should be fun.

Sounds good! I've done some preliminary setup for the outdoor/starting area of e2m8 a few months back, so I'd like to stick with that slot.

AleAdXB.png

I still haven't done any serious maps yet, but this is so tempting! How about E2M9, so my terrible skills could be sorta hidden?

Edited by Catpho

E2M2 please! I love UD limit removing mapping, especially keeping it simple and to the point.

Edit: oops m2 is taken so ill make m1, always like doing opening maps!

I'm interested to make the seventh map (E2M7 for me please)

All right, OP is been edited with all your chosen map slots!

It's incredible how much attention gained this project in one night!

@Crunchynut44 actually @Liberation is making a E2M1 underway but I forgot to mention it in the map list...

This shows already the seriousness of the project leader! But i've got an idea: why not making a collab map between you two guys? So you can both work on your map idea, otherwise it could be for the next time...

@Spectre01 Looking really good!

However, good luck to all and have fun!

Edited by Walter confetti

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

@Crunchynut44 actually @Liberation is making a E2M1 underway but I forgot to mention it in the map list...

This shows already the seriousness of the project leader! But i've got an idea: why not making a collab map between you two guys? So you can both work on your map idea, otherwise it could be for the next time...

@Spectre01 Looking really good!

However, good luck to all and have fun!

Yeah I dont mind its completely up to him!

Oh, do i have to come up with something too unsual/wacky for the E2M9 slot?

I'll join when the mapslot is empty.

So, no Boom actions means no voodoo dummy sectors, no sky transfers, etc... Just need a clarification.

Good luck to all participants, personally I have great experience on E1 project! (I even contributed 2 maps for this)

21 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

So, no Boom actions means no voodoo dummy sectors, no sky transfers, etc... Just need a clarification.

Yeah, the rules is same like Deadly standards 1.

P.S. If someone want make a collaborating map, I can improve your maps or throw some ideas. Just mention me here.

7 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Good luck to all participants, personally I have great experience on E1 project! (I even contributed 2 maps for this)

Yeah, the rules is same like Deadly standards 1.

P.S. If someone want make a collaborating map, I can improve your maps or throw some ideas. Just mention me here.

Yes pls!

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

Just do half a level with a cyberdemon at the end, and a within-the-limitations portal behind it.

17 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Yes pls!

Good. I'll take a look on your map when you uploaded it. Don't forget to mention me here. May be I can add some sections/interconnections and balance monster/things placement.

Edited by riderr3

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

The map slots were filled up within 8 hours of the thread being posted.

I guess the lesson here is that whenever the E3 or E4 CPs roll around, if you want to be involved, then you need to jump on it.

In other words, no saying, "I'm going to bed. I'll just check Doomworld in the morning."

4 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

The map slots were filled up within 8 hours of the thread being posted.

I guess the lesson here is that whenever the E3 or E4 CPs roll around, if you want to be involved, then you need to jump on it.

In other words, no saying, "I'm going to bed. I'll just check Doomworld in the morning."

Don't worry, i don't know how long my optimism will last :P

There is no rush and deadlines, but for participants it's better to post some progress screenshots from time to time. Just because to show other people that they not occupying the slots for no reason.

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

3 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

Just do half a level with a cyberdemon at the end, and a within-the-limitations portal behind it.

• You could do that.

Or

• You could do a well-made level with good encounter design and good visuals that doesn't have a twist at the end or a gimmick.

Or

• You could try something experimental, like a within-the-rules Cyberdreams/The Sky May Be acid trip.

Or

• Just about anything else, although, personally, I would leave the Spider Mastermind to E3.

Just have fun with it and don't feel constrained by anyone's expectations.

Except a terry wad. Don't make a terry wad.

Stupid question: How do I warp to my level ? doombuilder just dumps me in the original e2m5.

e- stupid question nr 2. Are we allowed only to use DOOMU.wad textures or is doom2.wad textures okay also? I could not parse the OP. Sorry, English is not my first language.

e- here is what I've made so far. Can you spot the homage ?

kaNbEgT.png

Edited by NeedHealth

45 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

Stupid question: How do I warp to my level ? doombuilder just dumps me in the original e2m5.

e- stupid question nr 2. Are we allowed only to use DOOMU.wad textures or is doom2.wad textures okay also? I could not parse the OP. Sorry, English is not my first language.

e- here is what I've made so far. Can you spot the homage ?

kaNbEgT.png

Maybe you didn't put e2m5 slot right before you open your map, you know, at the screen where you also choose what format you want to map in.

That's exactly what I did, but I just get dumped to the original e2m5 as I said. Going to try to see it I can make the wad  run in the e2m1 spot otherwise I am at a loss.

e - I got the wad run in the e1m1 spot. It will suffice.

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Just have fun with it and don't feel constrained by anyone's expectations.

Except a terry wad. Don't make a terry wad.

Way to crush everyone's dreams, Pegleg.

Joking aside, I would've liked to do this, but I've been mapping for GZDoom so long that mapping for Boom is alien to me.

I'm interested to see what we get here, though.

3 hours ago, Catpho said:

You can do whatever your heart desire... as I mentioned in the rules, theme for E2M9 is totally free at your decision!

Also, I add riderr3 as your collaborator in the OP...

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Are we allowed only to use DOOMU.wad textures or is doom2.wad textures okay also? I could not parse the OP. Sorry, English is not my first language.

Only Ultimate Doom texture.

Are you mapping this using doom2.wad as your iwad?

Also the screenshot of your map looks cool... is it a E1M4 homage?

e -No, only doomu.wad as iwad. That's one restricted one. Like no spfalls at all? Who gives?

Almost correctly guessed also, e1m5. Also trying to squeeze in some double impact somewhere but right now I do not know where this is taking me.

Edited by NeedHealth

Yes, for me it's ok.

Also, anyone played my map? Did it have something to change / fix or it's good at it is?