Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

CRATOP2 flat used as a... terrain flat? Now this is something i never see!

I've seen it used as a sort of "smooth skin" texture, in maps like Sunder 08 and others inspired by that aesthetic.

I used Cratop2 to reproduce beige sand. I think it fit despite the texture is a bit too smooth imo. :)

10 hours ago, Roofi said:

I used Cratop2 to reproduce beige sand. I think it fit despite the texture is a bit too smooth imo. :)

I think it works fairly well in that respect. The lines do look a bit like the waves one would see on a sand dune, and, to me, the amount of detail fits with the feel of Doom flats and textures.

19 hours ago, Pegleg said:

I think it works fairly well in that respect. The lines do look a bit like the waves one would see on a sand dune, and, to me, the amount of detail fits with the feel of Doom flats and textures.

I use MFLR8_4 but its colors changed to beige for sand.

An underwater area with a sunken ship (It was initially a part of my abandonned Interception II map)

doom46.png

My map takes a bit more time than expected but is very advanced. Here is a low-quality screenshot of the current layout. (some other sections don't appear)

layout.png

Sure there's a lot of dummy sectors for this map...

Also, if tomorrow i don't have the @NeedHealth map that he's working on, i'll have to open his mapslot...

One week is passed without any news...

I was looking forward to that @NeedHealth map. It had a nice classic look to it. And to say the least, I mourn the absence of the@Spectre01 epic map. That looked super-cool, but maybe we'll see it as a Doom 2 map?

@Roofi is making really good progress. Looking sweet!

I've got NeedHealth's map and i'm working on it in these days after the author commission, i'll release it out when it's finished.

I think I will finish my map this week , the layout is nearly complete. I have to place monsters and items. I think playtesting will take a certain amount of time too. I'm sometimes struggling with 3d bridges and other fancy vanilla tricks :P

My map is around 90-95% complete , so I'm sure I will finish this week. However , I will take some days to test my map before releasing it.

A maybe provisory name of my map : "Shipwrecked".

Edit : I posted updated screens here. Maybe I post to much but whatever.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/70830-post-your-doom-picture-part-2/?page=520&tab=comments#comment-1970611

Edited by Roofi

Great to hear that! Waiting for the final map!

My work on needhealth map is locked, but i'll do something next time!

My map is finished !I will now do a lot of testing and record an uv-max demo before releasing it.

Here is  my map :

DOWNLOAD

Infos :

Spoiler

Level name : Shipwrecked
Author(s) : Roofi
Build time : more or less a month.
Editor(s) used : Gzdoom Builder Bug-Fix , Slade
Music track : Secret of Evermore - Rat's chamber
Bugs : No major bug I hope but I'm sure there are some misaligned textures somewhere. Also , I

used the the texture "ceil1" to simulate the black sky so expect to see it a bit when you

shoot.

Inspiration : ToD's maps , Spectre01's E1M8 and unreleased E2M8 , Avactor (for the boat) ,

Death-Destiny's maps...

Author comments :  

Story : After a mysterious incident, you shipwrecked off a strange creepy island. Find a way to

escape.

Important notes : - This map is hard to finish on UV so I recommand using saves. The difficulty

of the last fight will a bit depend of the secrets you found. I configured the lower skills so

you can play on HMP or HNTR if you doubt your abilities. I can lower the difficulty of my map

if needed but nothing is really insurmountable.

I recorded a uv-max demo too. (on the outdated v1). I will record a  demo on UV without finding secrets soon.

For Gzdoom players : If you play this level on UV , you will see a monster count showing more than 1000 enemies. There are mostly lost souls but you are not supposed to kill them. There are 300-400 "real" monsters to kill.

Edited by Roofi

Great!

Adding this to the OP, download it when I get to my pc. Now missing only my final works on NeedHealth map, and this could be ready for an alpha compilation!

Played the map, loved absolutely the creepy vibe of it, this is absolutely an awesome final map!

However, i found out some bug while playing this (HMP, gzdoom 3.7.2):

• there's some unused textures used in the map, called woodh8 and ashwall2
  • this section that leads to the lava cave needs to be locked by some bars or something similar, also in the same there's the lowering lava pit that have damage, but not the one in the cave:

0osFB7n.jpg

W2p7AIo.jpg

Thanks ! Glad you liked it. I will bring a new version today. However , I found the ashwall2 texture but not woodh8 with "find and replace" mode.

I will also bring some modifications on my E2M7.

Yes! I'm working on finishing NeedHealth's map (now I take a little break for another thing i'm doing) and working on new graphics for the map (VICTORY2, maybe the intermission screen too will be changed a very little for the final map reveal) and thinking about a ending story and possible development for Deadly Standards 3 (yeah, I know, Deadly Standards 2 is not over yet and I thinking about the sequel already), I really liked the void world ambient sets in E2M8 and I thinking about a void theme for next session, maybe for the first half, maybe for all the episode.

I just need to find a good sky for a void theme, over the usual pitch black wall and floor.

Edited by Walter confetti

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I just need to find a good sky for a void theme, over the usual pitch black wall and floor.

Something like this?
Ay0GHrE.png
Maybe edited or colors remapped if needed...
The sky made by Da Werecat by the way.

It's really cool, have a strange creepy vibe... i'll take in consideration and i'll see if this works on doom...

EDIT: Ehy, is the same sky from Ultimatum, i remembered to have seeing it in another mapset! However it works pretty well...

Some minor updates and corrections :

E2m8 : V3

E2m7 : V5

Also before finishing mapset I suggest to upload finished E2M5, to peek on map just in case.
And especially I've interested how is secret exit implemented because it's leading to my map =)

27 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Also before finishing mapset I suggest to upload finished E2M5, to peek on map just in case.
And especially I've interested how is secret exit implemented because it's leading to my map =)

Obviously.

Yes, don't worry! Had to do a little break for another project i participated, but it's nearly finished...

EDIT: I was waiting to show something until the final release, but i think it could be nice to tease you with the NeedHealth and mine map:

Spoiler

rd8WCzL.jpg

IiJhxGN.png

2dmhKbk.jpg

QoRbWZI.jpg

z5c7XGq.jpg

dOf2oTG.jpg

PoyotNz.jpg

Spoilered pictures, guess mine and NeedHealth parts! There still quite some fixes to do... but it could be ready soon.