Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

Here is the V3 of my map (I submitted the V2 on an another forum). It adds some secrets , fixes some textures , add some ammo...

V3

Thank you @riderr3 :). I will test your map today or tomorrow , it depends of my motivation.

@riderr3  , I played your map on UV , I killed all ennemies but didn't find all secrets (the plasma gun near the beginning because I already had one). I died twice by stepping on blood but it was a good level mixing tough fights and exploration.

DEMO

Just some little remarks , I have nothing to complaint about the aesthetics or the gameplay.

• I especially enjoyed the big outdoor area  guarded by the cyberdemon. This section has a lot of height variations considering that a lot of UD maps are quite flat. The texture usage was pretty clever even if it stays very classic.
  • The idea of using teleporters in order to reach different locations in the map is a simple but good idea to make a non-linear gameplay.  I liked the fact you have a lot of choices , you can explore several parts without grabbing one key. I took some time figuring out the good path but the exploration was fun thanks to the secrets and the high variety of rooms.
  • The secrets were mainly generous and  very easy to find . I sometimes like finding some not-so-hidden neighboring secrets in maps.  However , you should maybe add a well hidden secret.

Added new version of roofi and riderr3 map on OP post..

I played a little of your map, roofi, and i have to agree with riderr3, is a pretty cool map!
I enjoyed that "the living end" tribute in the starting room...

Here is a V4 of my map. I mostly modified the barrel's trap near the red key which was a bit too unfair. I replaced the barrels with monsters instead. I also moved some easter eggs because it killed the immersion a bit.

V4

I'm off to get married / have my honeymoon in a few days and won't be taking a PC with me, so work will stop on my map for a while.  The basic layout is all in now and I am in the process of making it look nice.

2 hours ago, Capellan said:

I'm off to get married / have my honeymoon in a few days and won't be taking a PC with me, so work will stop on my map for a while.  The basic layout is all in now and I am in the process of making it look nice.

Congratulations! Have a great time!

I'm sure everything will be safe and sound until you get back.

I actually noodled around with the map last night and I think that I'm basically done with texturing and layout, barring the inevitable issues to be found in playtesting ("oops, didn't do the sides of that door" and "oh look, the walls behind the lift aren't textured" being the most common).  A few times as I was working on it I would fret "man, there are a lot of different textures used across this map", and then I would go and look at the original E2M2 and be "mah, it's like a 0.5 Sandy at worst".

So when I get back I should be able to focus on thing placement.  This will definitely work best for an earlier map in the set, I think: the only PG is in a secret and I don't plan to use any barons.

Cacodemons, of course, WILL be on the menu :)

Sorry for being slow, this is what I've been working on. I restarted my old map, but are going to incorporate some ideas from it. prboom sometimes refuses to take screenshots( produces black squares) but here is an editor shot. I have an idea of how to complete the map.

Zqk4tE6.png

I am in final tweaks and should have a link to share on Monday.

It'll be in E2M2 when posted, and that feels like it would be a good spot for it to me, but if it needs to be moved to make for a smoother difficulty curve, that's fine :)

I've been out of the loop for a bit, but does anyone have or plan to have a BFG in their map? If so, I'd like to have that in mind when making the opening encounters in e2m8.

No BFG neither on e2m5, but independently of Capellan I also planned to hide a PG on my map. In a super secret - however.

There is a BFG on my map but it's a kind of easter egg because it's not counted as a secret . You only have 30 seconds to reach it before the door closes forever , knowning that the BFG is very far from the spawn.

My map doesn't even have a plasma rifle like original E2M4 lol

It just have a rl near the end of the map if I recall correctly 

Me and @Crunchynut44's map doesn't have a bfg or plasma and is only chaingun and shotgun map. Unless crunchynut44 sneaked something in that I haven't found yet!

Map should be available soon for testing. 

Link to my map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uxjGArSQ2bV2S4RBUcVuWr0K2sqjBCWr

Title: Vulpine
Description: It's got crates and vines in it.  And STONE2, because this is episode 2 after all!
Build time: Does this actually mean anything for stuff that's not a speedmap?
New music (if any): PRIMEVAL's gonna make something
Tested with: PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3, plus whatever anyone else plays it with

(there's also a text file file with this info in the zip)

Feedback appreciated.

@Capellan I don't have a demo for you, unfortunately, but I have only one issue with the map, really.

Real quick, I tested it in Crispy Doom 5.2, ZDoom 2.8.1, and Chocolate Doom 3.0.0, which only suffered a drawseg overflow in the big room (no surprise, it's a limit-removing project).

There are a lot of cacos thrown at the player in the first room and not enough rockets to kill most of them unless they're bunched up.

I would put in maybe another rocket box, because as it stands, I think the most viable strategy is to get out and get the plasma and some extra rockets before attempting to fight them, because I did fight them off, but I was always short on ammo afterward, which is fine with me normally, but becomes a problem when the hitscanners are present.

The rest of it was good, I just took a bit of issue with the cacos that come to attack early on.

I'm pretty okay with players being forced to scramble deeper into the complex to find ammo, to be honest.  So if I did add more rockets, it might well be deeper into the complex. But we'll see what further feedback comes in.

Oh, and difficulty levels are enabled, of course.  Also co-op and DM, for that matter :)

Apologies to all for taking ages.

I did struggle doing E2 for some reason, missed my beloved startan probably.

Anyway, its a reasonable straight forward map. Does have a secret plasma, but its a fair mission to get it really.

Screenshot_Doom_20180901_184559.png.c472a38ac2aa3fdb3f9e572ad996d9f6.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180901_184814.png.588529350812ca81392a6937c483cbe3.png

libdse2m1d.zip 

I'll will be releasing a more polished version at some point, but will wait for any bug reports first.

fantastic, downloaded liberation + crucnchynut44 and capellan maps, i'll add the op post and take a look at them soon..
Also, liberation, did your map have a title?

Edited by Walter confetti

@Liberation and @Crunchynut44

I looked at your map for you.

It's a good opener map and carries that Deimos Anomaly feel to it.

Solid map, not very difficult.

Only one thing of note:

1KChEc0.jpg

Here, near the red card, I've selected a ClipBox (to the right) and a Stimpack (near the brown tree) that don't seem to be accessible.

Also, and this is a very minor thing, the RedCard has the Ambush flag set.

I recorded two demos: an FDA (to see how someone might play it the first time) and a Nightmare run (because I thought I was tough).

FDA: libdse2m1d-AC

NM: libdse2m1-NM-AC

Both recorded in GLBoom+ 2.5.1.5, complevel 3, skill 4 (FDA) and skill 5 (NM).