Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

Sorry for the late, but... IS HERE, FOLKS!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kl26cso5dzm78ur/STANDRD2.zip/file

What's new:

• All levels are changed with the newer versions, including mine
  • A text file is included

TO-DO List:

• Testing better E2M4
  • Adding new music from the one that awaits the Primeval music
  • Fixing the text file

Have fun!

Even if probably almost nobody really cares, but we have a final release of this bad boy!

Changelog from early version:

• E2M4 had few some changes, including a major overhaul of exit room, now is shorter and finally show the surface and prison exit
  • Changed some stuff after watching @HAK3180 videos on other maps on the mapset, mostly minor changes
  • Added new midis for E2M1 and E2M2
  • Fixed text file

If nobody finds any issues, it could be put on idgames next time!

Edited by Walter confetti

I played version from December 21st on UV in GZdoom 4.2.4 and I noticed quite a few problems:

E2M2: when I finished the map, there were two sargeants walking in sector 311. They were out of reach and I couldn't attain 100% kills.

E2M3: cacodemons 379 and 381 didn't teleport into playable areas, because they're unable to cross the teleport linedefs.

E2M4: Sectors 38, 55, 56, 549, 611, 790, 829, 830, 831 and 832 shouldn't be secret. On the other hand, isn't sector 708 supposed to be secret?

E2M7: misaligned textures on linedefs 3529 and 2178.

E2M8: all monsters on small red islands in the water can't see me. I can shoot them, but they don't shoot back. Is that intentional (they block lost souls from teleporting in)? Moreover, the final cyberdemon becomes permanently stuck on destination thing 184 after two seconds or so. He super-rapidly teleports, but never stops to shoot at me. And GZdoom reports these errors:

Unknown top texture 'WOOD8H' on first side of linedef 4784
Unknown top texture 'WOOD8H' on first side of linedef 4798
Unknown top texture 'WOOD8H' on first side of linedef 4801
Unknown top texture 'WOOD8H' on first side of linedef 4871

And it reports these dehacked errors during startup:

Adding dehacked patch standrd2.wad:DEHACKED
Unknown chunk es! encountered. Skipping.
Unknown chunk lie encountered. Skipping.
Unknown chunk y encountered. Skipping.
Unknown chunk Prison encountered. Skipping.
Unknown chunk Child encountered. Skipping.

Edited by Caleb13

ro_e2m8_v4.wad

Update of E2M8.

all monsters on small red islands in the water can't see me

I played on Ultimate Doom's complevel and I don't have this problem...

Moreover, the final cyberdemon becomes permanently stuck on destination thing 184 after two seconds or so. He super-rapidly teleports, but never stops to shoot at me

Thanks for highlighting this , I corrected the teleportations lines so that the cyberdemon can't be "stuck" anymore... However , there are less teleport destinations on lower difficulties in order to prevent the cyberdemon from teleporting everywhere.

I removed the unknown textures. I also saw some missing textures. I fixed them too.

Thanks for testing !

Hopefully the final release before idgames!

• Fixed all the bugs that The_Slovinator and Caleb13 found out
  • Re-recorded the in-game demos for compatibilty issues and added a new DEMO4. Demos are E2M2-nightmare, E2M3-uv, E2M6-uv and E2M7-nightmare, quit on first death.
  • Remade the dehacked lump, plus adding a external deh for compatibilty with ports that don't use internal dehacked such as Crispy Doom.
  • Added new version of E2M8 by Roofi

Hope that everything will be good now! Have a nice festive times guys!

24 minutes ago, The_SloVinator said:

Now, how do we see some reviews of it in the future?

If someone wants to have it on the Megawad Club... (Wink wink) (nodge nodge)

Ah shit, find a little HOM that i tought to take off in E2M4, send the zip file to the archive maintaners seeing if they can change it, otherwise i'll have to re-upload it to the archives... 

EDIT: fixed version on idgames, link is the same above

Edited by Walter confetti

Congrats to everyone for finishing this project! I still regret not being able to deliver e2m8, but I'm sure @Roofi did a great job with that slot! Cheers!

I have no choice but to rejoice that the project has been completed and to thank the participants for their participation. Looking forward to DS3.

Nice episode so far - I'm up on the secret level right now. The world needs more OG episode replacements. Shame you guys didn't do a bigass boss map this time though. I liked E1M8 quite a bit from the previous project.

EDIT: @Steve D's map is amazing as usual. Great combat and cool stock architecture! Except I had to use iddt to find all the secrets. Damn, are they obscure haha

EDIT 2: omfg @Roofi's maps are frigging awesome too! :D

Great work, guys!

Edited by Firedust

Thank you !  I should do more atmospheric maps like "Shipwrecked" with stock textures. :) There are other midi files from "Secret of Evermore" I want to use. However , I think E2M7 has a better gameplay. I hope the fights on E2M8 are not too grindy since I removed some useless barons.

I'm preparing a map for DS3. It will be a more classic map like E2M7 with a magical/surreal ambiance. :)

4 minutes ago, Roofi said:

Thank you !  I should do more atmospheric maps like "Shipwrecked" with stock textures. :) There are other midi files from "Secret of Evermore" I want to use. However , I think E2M7 has a better gameplay. I hope the fights on E2M8 are not too grindy since I removed some useless barons.

I think the gameplay is great in both instances. The only thing I found a bit daunting about m7 was the constant backtracking because I was getting confused by the layout. And you kept on making monsters teleport behind the player to the point where it became very predictable xD Also, that midi is creepy af haha

Loved the invisible bridge by the way!