Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

I've agreed with the people above. But If the Captho really won't participate, I will take his slot (in the next few months).

Edited by riderr3

On 6/21/2018 at 4:14 PM, Catpho said:

Hey everyone, i'm dropping out. After a month of tinkering (read: unsalvageable disjointed rooms, messy attempts at drawing a layout), i personally feel that i'm not ready for a community project yet. I'll be giving this slot to @riderr3. Sorry :/

Plan a map on paper, take your time, think of some cool ideas, take breaks & keep mapping!

Really, you can't lose anything. Don't rush.

Your call.

Ok then... At least, give what you did to riderr3 so he / she / it can see what can do with your part of the map... But looks like you aren't interested anymore with the collab map thing, right?

On 6/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, NeedHealth said:

I'll give it an other week before I rescind my position. Don't seem to have much energy these days...

10 days are passed, how's going with your map progress? Asking the same at @danielhday... Sorry for double posting

I have more crates now.  Still not exactly a maze, but then I don't actually want to make a maze because I think getting lost in a Doom map isn't actually fun.

@Walter confetti

I have not created yet a single sector. But! I have plenty ideas putted in text file, so it will be a lot faster when I start.

Also, I think you not mind if I put one optional cyberdemon on my map? Mostly for sniping purposes.

Hey, I'm about 1/3 done with my map.

I got a bit of mappers block but I think I should be back at it in not to long.

Spoiler

The opening hall, I might recreate it as its very symmetrical.

But it's a hall so I'm kinda at a loss as what to change.

TH2yA95.png

The Blue key area

GU0DZhf.png

I changed many ideas in my map. I'm fully working on it now , I think I will finish it in few days.  :)

At first I wanted to make a  quite big limit-removing map but finally I prefer to make a totally vanilla map and a theme very close to the original episode. I find Doom mapping funnier with vanilla settings because I don't lose too much time on useless details.

Of course, I kept the exploration gameplay that I wanted to do and I make a very accessible difficulty because I don't want to frustrate the player with tough traps. I inserted a few zones of my ancient map in my new one in order to not give up everything.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:48 AM, Spectre01 said:

Sounds good! I've done some preliminary setup for the outdoor/starting area of e2m8 a few months back, so I'd like to stick with that slot.

AleAdXB.png

Is this the Statue of Liberty in hell?

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

@Walter confettiAlso, I think you not mind if I put one optional cyberdemon on my map? Mostly for sniping purposes.

Sure, go ahead.

And Saint_Guy map looks awesome!

3 hours ago, Saint_Guy said:

But it's a hall so I'm kinda at a loss as what to change.

A little bit of destruction could make it look less symmetrical. Areas that look broken out leading outside and/or into rock formations could do this.

A couple depressions in the floor from metal to rock could make it look a little more interesting, and it's limit-removing, so you don't have much to worry with.

Have some progress on my map.
First area is almost complete, and I have rough sketches for the rest.
Screens:

8GwWHAE.png

CsYyEAl.png

Cbjwza2.png

I need to choose the apropriate midi track also.

I will finish my map soon, I still have some monsters and items to put, and I must also do some testing and recording a demo. It's very different from what I planned to do at the beginning mainly because my map is totally vanilla compatible instead of Limit-removing, but I'm proud of the result. :)

doom302.png

doom304.png

doom301.png

doom306.png

Thank you. :) I finished my map , I just have to record my demo and write a txt. I will send it in few hours if everything is ok.

The file contains the wad , a txt and a max demo. Have fun !

DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

Level name : Lost
Author(s) : Roofi
Build time : 1 week
Editor(s) used : Gzdoom Builder Bug-Fix , Slade
Music track : Seiken Densetsu 3 - Political Pressure
Bugs : some misaligned textures maybe
Inspiration : The original E2M7 , grime.wad , Double impact
Author comments :  A semi-linear adventurous map , dont get lost !

So here is my map. Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c3z69x9dyxdwsf9/soulconv.zip

"Soul Converting Center" by riderr3
E2M9 replacement for Deadly Standards 2 Community Project

Advanced engine needed: Limit-Removing
Music: D_E2M5 from dtwidmus.wad
Map: E2M9
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: 8 days
Editor(s) used: GZDoomBuilder-bugfix, SLADE3, WadSpy
Tested With: PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4
Description: The demons captured former UAC facility and turned it to soul converting center.

P8rrcT8.png

dHTF2HC.png

P.S. @Roofi you have nicely done map. Many details and proper texturing are used.

Edited by riderr3