Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Deadly Standards 2: The E2 standard Community Project (ON IDGAMES!)

I began streaming recently. I decided to stream a playthrough on Deadly Standards 2 ! Some infos :

- My connection is a bit crappy so the video resolution is 480p

- I've a micro but I don't speak english.

I will do pistol-start on each map. :)

While I'd like to wait for the actual project thread for Deadly Standards 3 to be posted, it appears that the team will be full by then.

I'd like to take E3M7, if that hasn't already been claimed or otherwise spoken for.

I finished my stream ,the episode is surprisingly long and really good. All maps , even the first one , offer a lot of exploration and good details ! I took 4 hours to beat all maps , including the fact I already knew my own maps.

Some remarks :

- Map E2M2 is really tough compared to many maps. Ammo was really limited , I died few times before finishing the level. I'm not sure but I had the feeling that a zombie failed to teleport.

- Is there only one exit in E2M5? I found the secret exit but not the normal one.

- E2M5 or E2M6 are maybe my favourite maps !

Every mapper made a good job !

51 minutes ago, Roofi said:

Is there only one exit in E2M5? I found the secret exit but not the normal one.

No, there's both exits, don't worry! Is reachable from the visible teleport you find open in the western room

New version.

libdse2m1f.zip

Just texture alignments, cheers @Roofifor the vid. Did find a few others as well.

Title: E2M1: Outpost Lima Charlie by Liberation and Crunchynut44

Description: A techbase that is falling apart as hell leaves it mark.

Build time: Way to long

New music (if any): None yet

Tested with: Prboom, GZD.

14 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

No, there's both exits, don't worry! Is reachable from the visible teleport you find open in the western room

I think that the narrative is that the player should see the usual exit sign earlier than the secret exit. In another case, he will not know which is secret and which is ordinary. Also, the secret exit can be disguised so that it will hint to us that he leads us to E2M9.

3 hours ago, riderr3 said:

I think that the narrative is that the player should see the usual exit sign earlier than the secret exit. In another case, he will not know which is secret and which is ordinary. Also, the secret exit can be disguised so that it will hint to us that he leads us to E2M9.

And I call myself a good mapper... This is the fourth time I manage to do established mapping norms backwards and confuse players. When will it end and, who knows?

Thanks for playing Walter's and mine collab map ! I see he was faster to respond about the issue so I leave it to him to resolve it.

@Capellan can you add a green armor somewhere near starting point of E2M2? I think it will be most useful here to negate damage from group of shotgunners almost without a cover. Moreover there are way too much of cacodemons without an appropriate arsenal and lack of medikits.

So, I finished this. Enjoyed it a lot, so here are some notes.

In the first cap, the sector near this window has a pain sector enabled. Other caps are self-explanatory.

DOOM0001.png.5affeb07896d8588c18f660d0a7b4688.png

DOOM0003.png.95e35e5516025f15b7fedddfc582810c.png

DOOM0004.png.4250ee12ba66793974e48b589a7bfa5a.png

DOOM0002.png.5a765268e3609225cea1403ac0e8c7d3.png

Also, I dont get this linedef in E2M5 where it raises the sector next to it & all of those that lead to the area with red skull key & yellow uac key that are supposed to be lowered, so that you can progress through the level. It broke the map & I couldn't continue till I investigated what was the core issue. Or maybe it's because Crispy Doom screwed up on me on this part.

558485280_ScreenHunter_3088Jun_0310_40.jpg.89c19a567123343ef43e868fbf18f389.jpg

I see... Going to fix out what you find out...

Also Deadly Standards 3 is started from some days: 

Go and do some maps for it! Weee!

@The_SloVinator Thanks! That will be changed.

In E2M6 the second appearance of the Cyberdemon will eventually also be changed, b c it currently is very easy to run past it and completly miss that it ever happend. The level will also recieve other minor changes to make it more enjoyable, and the name of the map is changed to "The Star Child" referencing the big baddie.

Another repaired version of Dynamo Hum

This fixes a problem Roofi uncovered in his run, when he ran across the nukage and triggered floor lifting sounds in sectors that had already been raised. Turns out the linedefs all had the raise action on them, so I got rid of that. Also discovered some visual flaws, and decided to change textures on some walls as well to avoid repetition.

Thanks for bumping, so I can download the Steve D map that I didn't downloaded yet... Progress is blocked, but I know NeedHealth works on his part of our map and I still working on better item placement for my map... From June or something

Just finished playing through this, and I really enjoyed the episode! Clearly a lot of hard work went into these maps, with plenty of very interesting ideas throughout. I’m not sure how much discussion when on behind the scenes, but I was surprised at just how well the progression of difficulty ended up being from start to finish (I did a continuous playthrough on UV). Each map seemed to fit perfectly where it was in the order. And all the different ways that each map showed the theme of Hell taking over the tech-base were really awesome!

A few notes:

• In E2M2, I wanted to go back and do some secret hunting at the end, but I couldn’t find a way to lower the lift that lead back to the main bulk of the level. It wasn’t until I opened the map in Doom Builder that I realized there was in fact a switch for the lift, tucked away in a corner on the far side. Thinking about it, I’m guessing this decision was made so that people couldn’t just easily cheese the final battle by going right back up the lift and funnelling everything through the bottleneck. But, perhaps the switch could be moved to a more noticeable place?

• In E2M5 I ran into the same issue that Slovinator pointed out with sector 24. There’s a one-time switch that lowers sector 24, and there’s a one-time linedef that does the same thing (in the Baron pit outside) – but if you activate both of those, and then pass the linedef that Slovinator pointed out in that picture, you permanently block off the redkey area, making the map unbeatable if you haven’t already gone and got the redkey (which I hadn’t). You may have already addressed this issue for a future update of the episode, I just thought I’d make another note of it.

• E2M8 was... interesting. I think a love/hate relationship is probably an accurate way of describing my feelings toward it. I thought the map looked gorgeous, and had some very creative ideas, but I have to be honest and admit I used godmode to beat it. I couldn’t seem to find enough ammunition to deal with the hordes early on (except shotgun ammo, in spades), and the final fight with the Cyberdemon just did me in mentally. It was a really cool idea, but it was just a little too frustrating for me, personally. Regardless, I thought it was still a very unique and fitting end for the episode, with a tremendous amount of atmosphere and thought.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, glad you liked it! Me and NeedHealth are working on fixing E2M5 (I gave what I've done to NeedHealth) but I think that part is been fixed from me iirc... Have nothing to say about bugs in E2M4?

On 8/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, Walter confetti said:

Have nothing to say about bugs in E2M4?

Other than getting lost a few times (this map felt like a serious Unholy Cathedral homage!) I didn't run into any bugs or visual glitches, that I can remember. That said, I didn't find all of the secrets (17!!!!) so I'm not sure what else I may have missed :S

I had completly forgot about doom world due to work. Sorry for being an inconvienince. I'll try to fix e2m5 as soon as I can.

All right guys, i just had some chatting with Primeval this evening, unluckily he's absorbed with other musical projects in these times, so we can't have his music this time...

The only thing that remains now, is to finish fixing stuff for E2M4 and E2M5, also finding different music tracks if you don't want to use the stock music...

3 months later....

e2m5 is done. Map name is "The Star Child"

I have also added coop starts and multiplayer monsters - but not deathmatch spawns as it would entail more time to get this out of the way. Midi music is gigant ball of fucking plasma by crunchynut44.

Sorrysorry for not being done with this earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4euj8yt7e0ggsz3/e2m5-fix%2Bcoop.wad?dl=0